Chapter 2 - Until We Meet Again

Until We Meet Again

Parting Our Ways

 


Rain started falling heavily as Youngjae looked out the view of the outside by the window near his chair. Somehow, the feeling made him scared and alone. He looked at his side, Daehyun, that wasn’t even talking since he came. What happened with him? He thought.

He then nudged at Daehyun and asked, “Why are you silent the whole time?” Somehow, he was surprised to see that Daehyun’s eyes were covered with sadness. He wasn’t used to it. He was caught off guard and somehow there was a slight pinch he felt inside.

The other guy just shook his head as answer. Then there was silence again. Youngjae was pretty irritated by it. Why was Daehyun giving him the cold treatment? They were pretty good when they spent their time together yesterday.

“Hey, you don’t have to lie to me. What’s wrong?” He asked once again, in a slightly loud voice. He bit his lips and looked around and he was right. Their classmates were looking at him with questioning eyes. His gaze then flew to the front of the class and smiled awkwardly as his teacher was looking at him with a grim on her face.

“Stop talking, Yoo Youngjae!” She shouted as her eyes widened. “The next time I’ll see you talking, I’ll send you and Jung Daehyun outside the room.” She warned.

Pouting, Youngjae then sat back and faced the front. After the class, he will make sure to get Daehyun talking.

 


As the rain was still falling down, Youngjae cannot go and drag Daehyun to the rooftop for they will surely just get wet. While taking the lunch together, he felt like he was alone. Daehyun completely didn’t have any presence.

“Hey.” He said as he broke the silence once again. “What’s in your lunch box?” He asked as he tried to take a peek.

Daehyun just looked at him and did nothing.  He then looked back at his food and continued eating. “Eat faster.”

Youngjae’s eyes widened with surprise. “Wow. You finally talked.” He stated, obviously thankful. “Why were you silent the whole time?” He asked, afraid Daehyun’s mood would be swift off like a wind again.

“I was just thinking over… important things.”

“You finally think, at least.” He beamed – wanting to joke around. He chuckled at he looked at the kid beside him but he was still serious. It might be a really serious matter. “Spill it out.” He demanded and put a mouthful of meat to his mouth.

“Later.” Daehyun answered and forced a smile. “And Youngjae, you should stop eating meat. It’s not good for your body.”

“I don’t care.” Youngjae shrugged and put another mouthful of meat again, making his lips shine with the obvious oil. “I will go on diet if ever I will debut soon.”

 


The bell rang and Youngjae immediately leaped from his seat and dragged Daehyun on the way to the rooftop. “Faster!” He demanded as he continued pulling Daehyun that was having a hard time to keep up with him.

As they came on the top, the ground was still wet but thankfully the heavy rain has stopped. Youngjae sat on the ground, not giving a damn. “Now, tell me about your worries.” He demanded once again. He really was curious about it that he wasn’t paying attention to the class awhile ago.

He looked up at the older kid that was staring at him with a blank face, adjusting his eyeglasses. “Come on.” He nudged.

“We’re moving.” Daehyun flatly stated.

“Moving? But I’m not moving. I’m just sitting here.” Youngjae answered stupidly, didn’t even get the atmosphere that Daehyun wanted him to feel.

Daehyun scratched his brow and sighed. He then sat beside Youngjae, getting his uniform get wet too. “My family and I will be moving back to the province.” He pointed out. “And this will be my last day in school.”

Widening his eyes, Youngjae refused to believe what he just heard. “You can’t be serious.” He tried to laugh and poked Daehyun’s right cheek. “You just came here and you will be moving again? That’s ridiculous!”

Heaving a sigh, Daehyun looked at Youngjae and gave him a look that he wasn’t just kidding. “I’m sorry.”

“No!” Youngjae refused to believe, acting as kid as he was. He didn’t want to lose this precious friend he had – for sure he will be having his boring school life again.

“I’ll be sure to keep our promises though.” Daehyun said and smiled. “Someday, we will meet again and having fulfilled our promised.” He continued as he looked at the sky. “That would probably take a lot of years from now but time flies to fast, it’s okay.”

Youngjae just looked down, staring intently at the drops of water that were on the ground. He didn’t feel like talking but he somewhat liked what Daehyun said.

“You will soon become an idol – a really good one, having your very own awesome group of talented people.” Daehyun continued. “And every time you perform, I will be on front of the people cheering for you. I will keep shouting ‘Yoo Youngjae!’ with my lungs out.” He then looked at the kid that was looking down on the ground. “I will come to your fansign events and let you sign your CD. I will treasure it and I would secretly cheer you up, giving you little cards. I will also send lots of meat on your dorm.” He added some more and chuckled at his own thought.

Youngjae grinded his teeth, not wanting to scream how much he wanted for his precious friend to stay. He heaved sigh and nodded. “Okay. I will do my best to do well in auditions and to come up in a good entertainment company.” He said. “I will also give you my best smile everytime you’ll come to me and ask for my sign. I will always put a shout out for you on fancafe, thanking for the meat. I will also keep on looking for you on the crowd that will cheer for me.”

With that, Daehyun smiled widely and cheerfully. “That’s a lifetime promise that I will never forget.”

“I’m putting my life on the line.” Youngjae mused as he stood up and stretched his hands then looked at Daehyun. He smiled back and started pulling him from the ground. “Let’s go home.”

“No.”

“Huh? Why?” He asked, clueless why Daehyun didn’t want to go home yet.

“We should go the nearest karaoke first and sing our heart out.” Daehyun suggested and stood up, letting his self be pulled by the younger one. “I’ll let you hear how off-pitched I am for the last time.”

 


 

Youngjae forgot the fact that it was the last time he was going to spend with his friend. He didn’t give damn and just enjoyed his self. There was no use of sulking.

They started singing again, as usual “Can U Smile”.

And Can you smile? Neol jabgo ship jiman, but jabgo shipjiman

Naegyeo te isseo seo, neon useumeulileo gajana

And Can you smile? Naega gara jana, nan gwaenchan da jana

Naegyeo teul tteo naya, neon haengbok hal su isseu nikka…

Daehyun was very much off the notes that it never failed to amuse Youngjae. He just laughed as he looked at the horrible-voiced kid on his side, smiling proudly. “Yoo Youngjae! I WILL FIND YOU SOMEDAY!!” He screamed on his microphone.

Youngjae just laughed and started screaming loudly on his very own microphone as well. “Jung Daehyun, I WILL WAIT FOR YOU!!”

They both laughed at their own stupid remarks and shrugged it off. They said ‘cheers’ as they met the bottles of their Tropicana together. “Until we meet again…” They both said.

 


 

Youngjae opened his eyes that hurt his skin as he took a nap on the rooftop. He sighed and got up then looked around. “Dae—“ He said then stopped his self as he realized Daehyun already left. He then just smiled to his self and forced to be cheerful. He put his right hand above while he was looking at the sky through it, taking a peek. “Time, please come fast.”

 

***

A/N: Okay, updated at last. I will update soon, I swear. The storyline for this fic was done so yeah… it’s still a long way to come. This will end in chapter 20 with fluff of this and angst of that and a bomb of this and a bomb of that. LMAO. I’m excited so hopefully I won’t fail you in the near future. Stay tuned(?)! LOL. :)

And, I updated while I'm here in school. Too lazy to check wrong spelling and grammars so forgive me okay. I'll edit this later. n__n Also, let's pretend that INFINITE's song already existed back then. LOL. Keep up with me. /shot