Chapter 5

Dear Boy 2

[Next day]

"Are you still practicing for the JYP Nation tour?" Jiyong, he asked through the phone.

"Yeah, we have a lot to do, a lot of collaborations between groups and duo, etc. I'm taking a short break right now. What are you doing?" Sohee, she answered before taking a gulp of the water.

"I'm just hanging around with princess So Mi. So you're still practicing right? That's great. Keep practicing. Take as long as you have to. Just make sure to come back on time and get ready for the party, alright? Kay, I'm hanging up. Love ya." Jiyong.

"Love you too. Bye~" Sohee, she hangs up with a smile on her face before going back to practice for the tour.

He hung up after Sohee finished her words, and with a handsome smirk on his face he grabbed the car key and happily walks over to pick So Mi up from the ground onto his arms, and headed out to the shop.

[At the shop]

"Okay. Princess, tell Appa what was Umma looking at yesterday?" Jiyong.

"That red one. Kikiki~" So Mi, she replied with a cute laugh while pointing her finger to the pair of high heels.

"Good girl. Now princess won't tell Umma about this, right? Let's keep this a secret between us. Okay?" Jiyong, grabbed the shoes box, and with the index finger on his lips, he made sure to keep So Mi silent.

"Hm! Promise!" So Mi, nodded her cute head, she held out her right pinky to seal the promise with Jiyong.

[YG Building]

"Hyung, wassup?" Jiyong, he walked inside, holding So Mi's hand, leading her to the chairs and place the gift box aside on the other chair.

"The usual. Been rushing to finish this song up as a gift to welcome the girls back. What about you? " Teddy, he stopped the music and spun the chair around to handshake with Jiyoung.

"Nothing. Just dropping by to get my thing. Thought I'd give you an early greeting here rather then at the party. I just got back from the long tour, and so I want to spend more time with the family to make it up for the kids." Jiyong, he went on with Teddy while playing with So Mi's puffy cheeks.

"She just keeps getting cuter, isn't she? Looks a lot like her mother. Speaking of which. Did you tell---?" Teddy, he talked then paused to smile at So Mi when he heard the knock on the door.

"Jiyong. You got a delivery." Worker, the man opened the door big just enough to make his face seen and his voice heard.

"Alright. I'll see you later at the party. I'm leaving." Jiyong, at the words of the man, Jiyong get up and followed the guy, with So Mi holding onto his left hand, walking by his side.

After walking for a short period, he met with the artist and immediately smiled to give his welcome greeting to the friend. 

"Thank you so much for the fast work. Sorry, I didn't know what else to do. And I couldn't trust anyone else to get things done on time and still manage to look flawless. As always, you're art work is undeniably brilliant. Again, thanks for this." Jiyong, he thanked the artist up and down the lines while examining the drawing in awe.

"No problem. We've know each other for years now. We're friends, no need to thank me. I know it must be urgent and extremely important when you gave me the call. Anyway, I got to go now. Enjoy the party. We'll catch up later, alright?" Artist, after a little pat on the back of Jiyong, he waved them goodbye then hurried off, away.

"Come on Princess. Let's go get your brother, then we'll be heading home to get ready with Umma." Jiyong, he turned to his side and gestured with a hand wave to So Mi wo was staring intensively at the many posters on the wall of YG's building. 

Breaking off the stares, So Mi followed Jiyong's command and run happily back to him. Swooping her up from the ground, Jiyong then carried his princess securely in his arms and headed back out to the parking lot. Going home. 

And just after they left the building, Teddy was seen sprinting across the building, holding up a big red box in his arms. Unfocused due to the rush and not paying one bit of attention to his path, he kept running and running until the moment he turned at the corner and crashed into someone. The very second that the two made contact with each other, the big red box was sent flying up in the air and landed back down all opened.

"God! I'm sorry. Was in a rush. Wasn't seeing much of anything in my way. Anyways, are you hurt? Oh! Dara! How are you here? Weren't you and the rest of the girls suppose to make a surprise appearance? I mean it's the welcome back party for you girls." Teddy, he put the hat back on his head and got up at once, just when he recognized the familiar face he immediately give her a hug at the same time pulling her up from the ground.

"Hi, Teddy oppa. All the girls are resting at home. I'm just here to give the president an early greeting. Sorry I crashed into you. I should've been more careful. Oh gosh, the box. Lemme me help you." Dara, noticed the opened box lying on the ground, she hurried to help him collect the shoes and put them back inside the box.

"Thanks. Hope Jiyong won't kill me for ruin the box." Teddy, he went on talking and examining the deformed box while wrinkles formed on his forehead.

"That belongs to Jiyong? Why is it with you? Was he here earlier?" Dara, she asked at the mention of Jiyong's name.

"Yeah, that snob. He appear in my studio out of nowhere, then leave just as fast as the came. He must have been a rush to forget this big box behind. Made me go through all of these troubles, and even bumped into you. I don't even know what these shoes are for. Why bring it to the company?" Teddy, he continued, not bothering much to look at Dara. He was busy concentrating on how to put the box back together in it original form.

"Hahaha. I think those shoes are meant to be the gift for me. For our welcome back party thing. Other wise why would he brought it here. Did he leave here on purpose knowing that I'd drop by? Anyways, here give it to me. I'll wear it to the party and give him a bigger surprise. I'll thank him then." Dara, she replied as she snatched the box out of Teddy's hands.

"Really? Did your feet get bigger? Those shoes are one size bigger than yours." Teddy, he asked, eyeing the size labeled on the box.

"Oh really? Don't worry. He probably forgot my shoes size or something along those lines." Dara.

"Are you sure? I don't know. He'd knew he has left it in my studio. If anything happen to it, I don't know how I'd answer him." Teddy, he replied with hesitations on his face.

"Yes, I am sure. If anything, I'll just tell him that I promised to keep it a secret for your sake. Since I found out about the shoes before he could surprise me. It's okay. I got you covered. Okay. I'll see you at the party later. Bye." Dara, having reassured Teddy, she headed towards the president's office and disappeared inside.

[The Kwon's House]

"Nabi-aaah! Hurry up! My legs are about to separate themselves from my body, waiting for you... Asshi... I'm really tired. NABI~" Jiyong, he whined and shouted as he waited by the front door.

"I'm coming." Sohee.

"Ji Hoon, go get Appa to style your hair Umma is busy doing So Mi's hair. Hurry." Sohee, without stopping for a breath she instructed little Ji Hoon while curling So Mi's hair.

"Appa! My hair needs help." Ji Hoon, in less than 10 seconds he ran to Jiyong with hairspray, gel, and mousse loaded in his arms.

[20 minutes later at YG's house]

"Jiyong oppa, you're late." CL, she quickly put down her glass of wine and hurried to greet Jiyong with a hug.

"Sohee...? Ummm? Nunim? Sister-in-law? Haha." CL, moved on from Jiyong, she hugged Sohee.

"Woah. The kids are so big now? Ji Hoon, So Mi aah~ Come to noona." CL, she lowered herself to the kids' level and unfolded her arms to hug the kids.

In that happy moment both, Ji Hoon and So Mi ran over to CL. But also in that rushed moment So Mi accidentally stepped on the tail of Sohee's dress which caused for them both to fall. And as the mother's instinct kicked in Sohee mindlessly thrown herself under to cushion So Mi's fall. 

"So Mi, are you okay?" Jiyong, from the worries and perhaps shock, he sprinted over to them and picked So Mi up. Seeing that his little princess is fine he handed her over to Ji Hoon and CL, then reached out to pull Sohee up. 

"Are you hurt? Sorry I wasn't fast enough to save you from the fall." Jiyong.

"I'm fine... But my heels aren't. They're broken... What to do... Hubby. Sorry but I think I'll go home with the kids first you can go ahead with the party." Sohee, with her quick suggestion she bent down to pick up the broken heels.

"But the party is..." CL, she murmured in regrets.

"It's okay. I got this. Nabi, remember those red shoes that you were eyeing at the shop?" Jiyong, a smile sneaked up his face as he snatched the broken heels from her hands and tossed them in the trash can.

"Umma is going to be Cinderella today, right Appa?" So Mi, she hugged Sohee with her half-moon eye-smile.

"Really? You really bought those? To here, I mean?" Sohee, she smiled in surprised and admiration.

"Of course. I'm G-Dragon, I have at least that much power." Jiyong, he winked at her.

"Actually, to give you a surprise I got them delivered to YG building. I texted Teddy hyung about them cuz I actually forgot---" Jiyong, his words were cut off as the dumbfounded expression drew on his face.

Jiyong, Sohee, CL, So Mi and Ji Hoon, all eyes were on Dara with her waving hands as she approach them.

"Jiyong, my good dongsaeng. You didn't have to get these for me. But they're really nice. Don't they match my dress? Ooh! I still wonder how you knew my shoe size so well. Thank you~~" Dara, she gave Jiyong a thank-you hug while everyone still shocked and unable to recover from their speechless expression.

"Umma's shoes..." SoMi, she spoke quietly while staring fixed at the red shoes wearing Dara's feet.

"They look loose on you, though..." Ji Hoon.

"Umm... Actually the gift... The painting... Ooh... yeah... You... You're welcome." Jiyong, having no choice, he forced both his words and his smile.

"They look really good on you. I'm glad you like them." Sohee, with an effort to ease the tension and awkwardness, she adapted herself to the situation and understandingly accepted it. 

"I love them. Thank you Jiyong and Sohee. You guys enjoy the party." Dara, she then walked off with a smile.

"It's okay." Sohee, she spoke as she turned to and ensure Jiyong before he could open his mouth to talk.

"But there are no extra shoes in this house with your size... Sohee, I'm sorry. Well, there are slippers... but with your dress...??" CL.

"That's fine. It's a private party, there's nothing to worry about. Plus, I have no one else to show off to." Sohee, she calmly slides her feet inside the blue house slippers.

"Okay, good. Sorry about that. By the way, I have to go greet other guests and sponsorships for our comeback so I'll see you later." CL,  she disappeared into the party with a quick bow.

"Are you really okay? I mean ... I really don't know what happened...? Are you jealous? I know us three had a bad history together but---" Jiyong.

"Jiyong, I'm really okay. We're married. With two kids. I trust you. Don't worry." Sohee.

"Really? Are you really not mad? Not jealous? If you are then tell me. I really hate it when you pretend like nothing happened. The longer you hold it in, the bigger the problem will grow. So tell me if you're not okay with it. I'm here." Jiyong.

"I said I'm really okay. I don't want to cause a scene at such a party. The kids are scared that we're fighting." Sohee, she bent down to wipe So Mi's tears of being frighten.

"I'm causing a scene? How? I'm just worried about your feeling. Is it bad for a husband to worry about his own wife's feeling?! I really did buy those shoes for you, I don't know how or why she's wearing them. But what can I do about it? Ask her to take them off? And give them to you? No way. Can you at least try to be understanding here?" Jiyong, his words now sounded furious, his face turned red in frustration.

"Jiyong, really? I seriously am was not mad or jealous. Don't we all know how she is. It's not that big of a deal. I'm just trying to live in peace here. What would you do if this wasn't a private party? What would you do if another scandal break out? Think of our kids. Can't you see they're crying?" Sohee.

"It's not that big of a deal... So it's just me making a scene, right? I'm the troublemaker, huh? Always causing scandals... Ha ha." Jiyong.

Seeing that Sohee was not bothering much with him, and instead was busy comforting their frightened kids, he grabbed a glass of wine and retreated into the party without another word.

"Umma, So Mi is scared." So Mi, she cried.

"It's okay. Don't cry. Appa is just not happy. Let's us go home and sleep first, okay? Tomorrow Appa will be home, happy, we will all be happy, okay? Let's go." Sohee.

"Ooh! Taeyang oppa! Could you please get Jiyong a ride home later? The kids need to sleep, I have to leave now." Sohee, she asked at the sight of him.

"Don't worry. I got it. Sister-in-law." Taeyang, without a clue of what happened he gave Sohee his words with a salute and left for another drink.