Chapter 4

Dear Boy 2

"You're going to finish all of your homework first before you can touch that video game, understand?" Sohee, got back from picking Ji Hoon up from school, she immediately ordered him to do his homework while putting her bag down.

"Hubby, So Mi-ah! Where are they? Did they go some where while I was picking Ji Hoon up? Why is the house to quiet? Hubby. . .?" Sohee, weird out by the quietness, she begins to walk toward their bedroom, looking for them.

"So Mi, what are you doing. . .? Are those my makeup?" Sohee, entering the bedroom, she was in for a surprise at the scene of So Mi putting makeup on the unconscious sleeping Jiyong.

"I'm drawing, on appa's face." So Mi, one look at Sohee, she went back to finish her unrecognizable art on Jiyong's face.

"Knew I shouldn't have let my makeup bag laying around the house." Sohee, she chuckled a little as the thought runs across her mind.

"So Mi-ah, here use this red lipstick. Appa's lips are a bit pale, color it red. Oh and you might want to draw him some eyebrows. Make Appa pretty kay? I'm going to get the camera and make sure this get recorded." Sohee, got the red lipstick out from her clear makeup drawers on her vanity table, she handed it over to So Mi then went to grab the camera.

"Okay, recording. So Mi-ah, why don't you tell the camera what you're drawing." Sohee, she encouraged So Mi to do so.

"Umm, okay. Right now So Mi is putting lipstick on Appa. I thinks red will look good on Appa." So Mi, holding the red lipstick on her hand, she talked to the camera with her lips pucker up making her cheeks puff up to its mandu name.

"I think red is Appa's color too. He looks amazingly elegant in it." Sohee, she commented on it, struggling to hold the camera in place as she tried to supress her laughter.

"Now So Mi is going to draw in eyebrows for Appa. You do it like when you're writing something on paper. . ." So Mi, this time she was too concentrated on the eyebrows to look up at the camera, nonetheless, she still narrated it as she was in the process.

"Kwon So Mi, you are going to be an amazing artist when you grow up." Sohee.

"Umma, I'm done with my homework. Can I play now?" Ji Hoon, he asked, walking toward the door.

"Wait. Come in here. Go sit next to So Mi. We're taking a family picture. Hurry, before he wakes up." Sohee, she gestured Ji Hoon to quickly come over.

"What happened to appa's face? He looks. . . scarily weird. . ." Ji Hoon, he asked, walking hesitatingly over to the bed.

"Oppa, So Mi drew on Appa's face." So Mi, she answered happily as Ji Hoon sat down next to her.

"Alright, ten seconds on stand by. Smile and say kimchi~" Sohee, pressed the button, she rushes back to the bed and joined the unforgettable family picture.

Waking up after a long afternoon nap, yawning sleepily, he walks to the bathroom to refresh his face with water just to be startled by his own reflection in the mirror.

"YAAAH! You are so dead whoever did this!" Jiyong, he shouted loudly while walking toward the living room.

"That was not me." Ji Hoon, he laughs, giving So Mi a thump up.

"Hey, it's not me either. You fell asleep, So Mi got bored so she drew on you. You look really cute and pretty though." Sohee, she immediately told him the truth sensing the danger as he approaches her.

"Oh yeah? I'm soooo cute and pretty, aren't I? Come here. Come here my Nabi. Lemme kiss you with this blood-like red lipstick on my lips." Jiyong, playing along, he pulled Sohee in closer with his arms while pucker up his lips toward hers. 

"Alright, alright. Stop playing around already." Sohee, she giggled a little, pushing him away, as the same time getting out her makeup wipes to help him remove the lipsticks, eyebrows and everything else.

That night, after she finishes cleaning the house and putting everything neatly away to where it belongs, Sohee tiredly opened the door to their bedroom. As soon as she entered, the music started with Jiyong singing and dancing passionately along with the seductive look in his eyes.

 

"I can't breathe

I can't breathe

I can't breathe, no, no

Yeah!

I can't breathe no more

I can't sleep no more

In this crazy world, the cold heart of city, I'm alone

I can't live no more

But, I can't stop no more

Even if I close my eyes, I can't hear your breathing anymore

I can't deny, a night I quietly sleep

You appear in me, you're so beautiful

Hey gorgeous sweet amazing baby

I know you want it baby

You and me hardcore right now

Til you say no more. . ."

 

"Nope. Not tonight." Sohee, she chuckled a little while shaking her head replying with little energy.

"Whyyy? I even put on a short performance for you." Jiyong, stopped the music, he asked in a whiny tone.

"Well thank you for the performance but I'm tired. I have work tomorrow. I need to sleep. Now, goodnight." Sohee, she walks exhaustedly toward the bed.

 

"You're my heart heart heart heart heart breaker

What did I do wrong

You're my heart heart heart heart heart breaker

No way, no way. . ."

 

Determined not to give up, he then began to sing and dance to a short part of Heartbreaker while Sohee snuggled herself comfortably under the blanket, going to sleep.

"You're seriously just going to sleep like that?" Jiyong.

"Jeez! You're no fun." Jiyong, with no response from Sohee, he disappointedly went back to the bed and went to sleep.

[Next day]

With So Mi sitting in the back, Jiyong drove to Ji Hoon's school and parked the car. His phone then suddenly rings as they were waiting on Ji Hoon.

"What? I'm busy." Jiyong, he answered the phone, annoyingly.

"Hyung! Did you hear? Did you hear about the YG party tomorrow night? Are you coming? All of our members are going." Seungri, ignoring Jiyong's words, he goes on talking just as happy as ever.

"Yes I heard. Boss called me this morning already. If all of our members are going, and I'm not, as the leader what would that make me? Of course I'm going." Jiyong, he replied while Ji Hoon get himself inside the car.

"Are you going to tell---?" Seungri.

"I'm busy and you're bothering me. I'm hanging up." Jiyong, cut in the middle of Seungri's question, he ended the conversation.

"Hey kids, wanna do something fun?" Jiyong, put the phone away, he turned back to asked Ji Hoon and So Mi.

[Fifteen minutes later at Tommy Hilfinger Studio]

As the photographer is absorbed into snapping the photos, sees the door open up, the director stands up and erupted with a comment.

"We have guests, everyone." Director, he walks over and greeted Jiyong.

"Sohee-shi, you are so loved. Your husband and kids are here to give you support and all for the photoshoot." Photographer, he stopped taking the pictures and greeted Jiyong.

"What are you doing here?" Sohee, she asked quietly, trying not to get others' attention to them.

"Hey everyone, let's pause the photoshoot for a little." Director, he ordered everyone.

"No, no. It's fine. Please go on with the photoshoot. Time is money. My kids and I are just here to watch and support my wife with her work." Jiyong, ignore the surprised look on Sohee's face, he sat himself down on the chair next to the director and talks with a smile on his face while Ji Hoon and So Mi sits down on the next two chairs.

"Jiyong, what prank are you trying to do---?" Sohee.

"Director, please proceed on with the photoshoot." Jiyong, as if Sohee weren't there, he turned his attention to the director and asked him to continue on the work.

"Right. Of course. Everyone, get back to work." Director, with just one work from Jiyong, he restarted the photoshoot.

Satisfied, Jiyong turned to smile at Sohee a wicked smile with his left eyebrow raised.

"Is the male model ready? Sohee-shi, please go change into the next outfit." Director.

"There's a male model?" Jiyong, he asked immediately after Sohee left for the changing room.

"Yeah. The theme of this photoshoot is matching couple clothes. Since it's for the February issue, Valentine's Day and everything." Director, he answered.

At the director's answer, the displeasure look is seen all over Jiyong's face. He folds his arms and lean back on the chair with the look of boredom in his eyes as the male model enter the set.

The plan began as the photoshoot is resumed.

"What do you think? I mean, you're the ultimate trend setter and all." Director, he asked Jiyong as Sohee and the male model begins to pose with each other.

"I think they're too close to each other. There are too many skinship. The theme of the February issue is Valentine's Day and love. But if the photos turn out out be too ual, then the cover would be mistaking for a Playboy magazine. It should be pure and innocent, yet still fashionable." Jiyong, using this opportunity, he went on expressing his disapproval for the intimacy.

"Here, lemme help." Jiyong, without waiting for the Director's approval, he walks right over and directed the photoshoot himself.

"Can the male model button his shirt all the way up? Also, there should be no touching. Models, give each other some space. Just pose, looking at each other. That should be good." Jiyong.

"Okay. Let's try that. Come on, chop chop. Let's get moving, this is the last one of the day. Make it happen." Director.

Since the director himself has already ordered, everyone had no choice but to follow Jiyong's words and continue on with the photoshoot.

[Twenty minutes later, inside Jiyong's car]

"What was that all about?" Sohee.

"Do you even have to ask? Like the director said, we're here to support you, babe." Jiyong, he replied while driving.

"Seriously? You even brought out kids in to interfere with my work. And you're not even the director, yet you told everyone what to do." Sohee.

"So? Chill. The director know me. Didn't you hear? I am the ultimate trend setter. What I say, goes. That's why everyone listened." Jiyong.

"This is not funny. Why did you have to ruin my mood while I was working?" Sohee.

"You ruined my mood last night. So I decided to pay you a visit during work and ruin your mood. You deserved it for not telling me you were going to pose all intimacy with a male model. Speaking of which, they know you married me and they still hired some other male model to pose with you? Why didn't they just ask me to pose with you? That doesn't make any sense." Jiyong, he speaks with an annoyance in his voice.

"You didn't give me a chance to tell you. I was going to tell you, but you were too busy dancing and singing last night. And I have no idea why they chose to get another male model instead of you. I'm not the director. I was just there to do my work." Sohee, she answered while scrolling down the screen of her phone.

"Whatever. We're even now since I've already succeed in ruin your mood during the photoshoot." Jiyong.

"You're so childish. Bringing our kids into this just to get even with me. By the way, where are we going? This is not our way home." Sohee.

"Yeah, I'm childish, I'm such a giant baby, blah blah blah. We're going shopping. Our family's attending YG's party tomorrow night." Jiyong.

While the adults were busying talking to each other, in the back Ji Hoon couldn't careless as he was lost in his world of video game and So Mi was too busy playing with her doll.

[At the shop]

"You're here to buy a gift for your boss right? What kind of gift are you looking for?" Sohee, she asked Jiyong as they're all looking around the shop.

"Nothing much, just a gift." Jiyong.

"Alright. If you say so." Sohee, she then head off to look at other stuffs.

Walking away, a pair of shoes on the display shelf caught her attention. A pair of red platform high heels, semi-laced. She stood gazing at the shoes with interest.

"So Mi-ah, aren't those shoes pretty?" Sohee, she asked, seeing that So Mi was approaching in the corner of her eye.

"They're really pretty. Umma are you going to buy it? They will look so pretty on Umma." So Mi, her cheeks puffed up as they always do when she talks.

"Babe, are you getting anything? If not then we're leaving. I'm done. There's nothing." Jiyong, he walked over before Sohee could even answer So Mi's question.

"No, I'm not getting anything." Sohee, she smiled, shaking her head.

[Later that night, at their house]

Once Ji Hoon and So Mi are both deep in their sleeps, the couple then enjoy their alone time watching the night sky.

Out on their balcony, Jiyong sat leaning against the the glass door of their room with Sohee in his arms, resting her head on his shoulder. Wrapping his arms around her, the couple cuddled each other as they talked and watched the many stars in the beautiful night sky.

"You know we never have time to ourselves anymore. I miss just being alone with you, holding you in my arms, talking to you, kissing you, making babies. All of it. Now, it's either working or taking care of our kids." Jiyong, he sighed.

"It was you who wanted to have kids early." Sohee.

"Well then I take it back. I wish we had more time to ourselves before having to take on the responsibility of being a parent and all." Jiyong, he quickly replied right after she finished her last word.

"But having kids shows that we really do love each other. Only when you really love someone would you want to have kid with them. Our kids are the real evidence of your love for each other." Sohee.

"You know, I wasn't really sure how it will work out and all when you first asked me out. But now I'm really happy that all of it happened. Kwon Jiyong, my first boyfriend, my first love, my first and last husband." Sohee, she giggled a little, looking up at his face.

"But I'm not your first kiss! Now why did you have to get your first kiss aired on television for the whole world to see?" Jiyong, he looked down at her and pinched her nose as he talked.

"Well, I was acting. I signed the contract for that movie, do I have a choice to refuse it? Plus, Kim Bum is one of the 'Boys Before Flowers', I think he's cute." Sohee, she answered playfully.

"You think he's cute? Then why did you marry me? Huh? Did I take away your chance of being Mrs. Kim? Ooh, I am Soooo Sorry!" Jiyong, he sarcastically answered with questions.

"Yes he is very cute. But I married you because I love you. You might have take away my chance of being Mrs. Kim. But I'm glad you did, because I like being Mrs. Kwon better." Sohee.

"You're getting really good at this. You weren't this talkative before. Did you master the communication skills while I was on tour or something?" Jiyong.

"Everything changed when Ji Hoon was born. Being a parent, you can't really just stay introvert all the time, you know? Plus, I have always been outgoing and playful. It's just that being in the entertainment industry changed me. I became a quiet and expressionless person. After debuting and learning how the media can be so manipulate of your personal life, I just didn't want to get into any scandal or rumor. But you're still talkative as ever." Sohee.

"Yes, yes. I'm talkative, I'm this, I'm that. Whatever. But. I love you." Jiyong, moved his head closer to her, he kissed her romantically under the moon light.

"I love you, too." Sohee, she answered back with a smile then reach up to peck him again on his pretty lips.

"Umma. Appa." So Mi, she suddenly opened the door to the balcony of their bedroom while holding tight onto her teddy bear.

"So Mi, why aren't you sleeping?" Jiyong, he asked as So Mi rubbed her sleepy eyes.

"So Mi had a nightmare. So MI doesn't like it." So Mi, she talked and hugged the teddy bear tighter.

"So Mi, come here. You can sleep with Umma and Appa tonight." Sohee, she held So Mi while still being in Jiyong's arms.

"So Mi-ah, what did you dream about?" Jiyong.

"Ji Hoon oppa was holding So Mi's hand. We were watching Umma and Appa walking away from each other." So Mi, she told them with much terror in her face.

"So Mi, silly head. It's just a weird dream. Forget about it. Come on, let's go to sleep." Jiyong.