Chapter 3

Dear Boy 2

[Inside the car]

"So Mi-ah, oppa heard that there is a new store near this place, it's selling very pretty and cute accessories. Do you want one? Oppa got the money, I can buy you anything you want." Ji Hoon, moving closer to So Mi, he muttered to her carefully in the back seats to make sure that his words won't be overheard by his parents sitting up front.

"Oppa!. . . Oppa, you have the money? Really? Where is that store? Can we go there now?" So Mi, she shouted in surprise then managed to calm herself down and quietly continue on speaking.

"Good. Okay, now tell umma that you want to drop by the store before we go home." Ji Hoon, sneakily, he instructed So Mi.

"Umma, can we visit the new shop? So Mi wants---" So Mi, volume up her voice, she asked Sohee.

"Umma, she means the new shop that just opened a few weeks ago near my school, it's on the way." Ji Hoon, he stopped in and finished off So Mi's sentence, making sure that things will go according to plans.

"There is nothing else on the schedules. Okay then. Hubby, let's go do some shopping." Sohee, after checking on the neatly organized schedule book, she gave her permission.

"Didn't I just buy you guys a lot of things? Do you even have any money on you?" Jiyong, he asked, driving carefully trying not to be distracted.

"Grandpa gave me and So Mi allowance money before you came back." Ji Hoon, he answered at once.

[At the shop]

"Here, I got five hundred dollars and I'm giving you two hundred. I'm keeping the rest. Go buy whatever you want kay? And don't tell umma or appa. We're dead meats if you do. Listen to oppa, alright?" Ji Hoon, he sneaked the money into So Mi's hand and head off, distracted by the many accessories.

One thing after another, Ji Hoon continued on to walk pass them after a short glare of unsatisfied. Picking them up then putting them back down, he was slowly starting to get bored, then suddenly, his face brightening up as if hundred of paparazzi's cameras were flashing their lights at him. Holding up the pink headband with a medium size bow attached on top of it, the corner of his lips curled up as he smiled with satisfaction.

"That's really cute. Miyoung would definitely like that." Sohee, she speaks in a low voice giving her opinion as she walks by.

Startled at Sohee's voice, he jumped a little before turning around to face her. 

"Umma. . . H-How did you know I was buying this for. . .  for Miyoung?" Ji Hoon, his face turned scarlet red as he tried to hide the headband behind him.

"This is what you call the mother's instinct. You're my son, of course I would know what's on your mind. Well, you're in luck today, I was just having a short conversation with Sunmi on the phone and she said she's attending a fashion show. She also said that Miyoung is currently hanging out with her dad at YG building." Sohee.

"Really?! So I can give this to her today?! Umma. . .  Do you think we can go there today? Appa wouldn't mind right? I mean. . . I mean that's his agency after all. . ." Ji Hoon, he asked hesitatingly with a ray of hope in his eyes.

"Well then you better hurry and go pay for that thing instead of hiding it." Sohee, her head nodded toward the cashier register.

Within a split of second he ran toward the cashier and paid off the headband while looking back at Sohee with a smile.

[Back inside the car]

"Hubby, drive to YG building." Sohee, she talks while scrolling down the phone screen.

"Why? Can we just go home and eat already? I'm really hungry." Jiyong, he whined, rubbing his empty stomach.

"We still have time. I'm a good cook, I'll cook fast when we get home. It just happened that Ji Hoon will start his training soon and I want to see the training rooms. You can tour me around while we're there." Sohee.

Had no choice, Jiyong drove to the destination, parked the car and take the family to the entrance of YG's building.

"Hey! Jiyong hyung! Sohee, sister-in-law! What bring you guys here?" Seungri, he greeted them loudly at the sight of their arrival.

"Nothing. She wanted to see the training room. What about you? What are you doing here---?" Jiyong.

"Really?! Sister-in-law you really have eyes for good thing. You've been here many time but no one have ever give you a good tour around the building have they? Let me! I'll be the best tour guide ever." Seungri, ignoring the last few words of Jiyong, he went on blabbing proudly about the building to Sohee.

"Great! Why don't you give me a full round tour of the building with Jiyong while the kids can hang around, catching up with each other?" Sohee.

"Yeah, of course. Miyoung was just saying about how much she likes So Mi and wanted to see her again. Now this way please." Seungri, like that the three adults walked away.

"So Mi, I miss you!" Miyoung, freed from Seungri's arms, she hurried over to hug So Mi, grabbing her chubby mandu cheeks.

"Um! I miss you too." So Mi, she smiled, puffing up her fluffy cheeks as she wraps her arms around Miyoung and hugged her back.

"Ummm. . . Hey. . . Miyoung. . . Ummm I, I mean we, our family were shopping at this new shop and. . . and umm I thought you might like this so. . . So I . . . Ummm. . ." Ji Hoon, shyly extending his hands forward giving Miyoung the headband, he could feel his face burning up red with steam coming out of his ears in embarrassment.

"Woah! This is soooo cute! Thank you Ji Hoon oppa." Miyoung, understood Ji Hoon's stutter and disconnected sentences, she immediately grab the headband and hugged him smiling with gratitude.

"Hah? Oh. . . Yeah I'm glad you like it. I mean I knew you would like it. Haha haha." Ji Hoon, as if he has been baked in an oven, his body burned up at Miyoung's hug; scratching his head, he tried hard to speak without cutting off the words.

However, the hot burning sensation inside his body soon died down as the sounds of the three adults' voice becomes louder and louder approaching them.

"Why did you ask us for a tour if you've already know like ninety percents of the building?" Seungri, he asked not understanding.

"My memories of them must have came back as you guide me around. It was a great help since I don't visit here as often anymore. Anyway, you were great helps, thanks. Alright, let's go home." Sohee, she bowed then move forward to hug Miyoung before leading So Mi out the door.

"Miyoung, bye bye~" So Mi, turning her head around as she walks, holding up her tiny hand she waved at Miyoung saying good-bye while Jiyong and Ji Hoon followed behind.

[At the Kwon's house]

"Ji Hoon, So Mi go shower and get ready for dinner." Sohee, she instructed at once, upon their arrival at home.

"Now what was that all about? This is very suspicious. You demanded that we'd take you around to tour the building yet you knew almost all of it already. Tell me. Are you hiding something from me? Something I should know about?" Jiyong, taking off his jacket he closed in on Sohee, questioning her with his arms folded across his chest.

"Nothing! It really is nothing." Sohee, she replied avoiding his eyes.

"There is always something behind every 'nothing'. What is it that you don't want me to know? Are you cheating on me? Seriously?! After our marriage and kids, you're planning to cheat on me?!" Jiyong.

"No! No, I am not cheating on you. Why would I?! It's. . . it's just---" Sohee, she paused, debating on whether or not she should tell him the truth.

"If not then what is it? You know I don't like it when you keep things from me." Jiyong, staying calm, he questioned her, waiting for an answer.

"Well. . . I was just trying buy some times for Ji Hoon. I mean our son has take a liking on Miyoung, and I think it's cute. . . And, like. . . He bought her a gift so I thought---" Sohee.

"Wait. Wait a minute. Ji Hoon likes Miyoung? Which Miyoung? Lee Miyoung? Seungri and Sunmi's daughter Lee Miyoung?" Jiyong, his voice suddenly changed into a serious tone.

"Yeah. Don't you think they will look cute together? It's so cute---" Sohee, biting her lips, she squealed imagining the cute scene in her head.

"YAAAH! Are you kidding me?! Do you not know that Seungri and I are Tom and Jerry?! Have you ever see a cat and mouse being in-laws? Nope! No way, tell him to stop. I won't approve of this." Jiyong.

"Seungri is your member. Why are you being so difficult? It's just a little crush. They're kids." Sohee.

"EXACTLY! They are kids, they should not be going around having crush on each other. They need to go to school and play like what kids usually do. I'm his father and I won't allow my six year old son to start having 'a little crush' on anyone." Jiyong.

"Developing feelings is part of growing up. He's six! He has the right to like whoever he wants. I'm his mother and I'm giving him the permission to have feelings." Sohee.

"Yah, you've read Romeo and Juliet right? If you don't want Ji Hoon to end up being Romeo then stop being stubborn and stop this childish 'developing feelings' thing. Seungri is my member, and I love him just as much as I hate him. We're TOM and JERRY! Don't you get it? We don't get along like that!" Jiyong.

"The only reason why Ji Hoon would even end up being Romeo is because you, the stubborn-head father who didn't allow him to freely express his feelings. Romeo only died because both of his and Juliet's parents were being stubborn and difficult like you are right now. Ji Hoon won't be Romeo and Miyoung won't be Juliet if you just let it go with the flows." Sohee, she reasoned with him.

"Nope! I'm the king of his house and I say No!" Jiyong, determined not to further think too much about this issue.

"I'm the queen of this kitchen and I say no dinner for you." Sohee, annoyed, she turned her back on him and walk to the kitchen while putting on her apron.

Upset, Jiyong angrily walk off to his home studio. Flopping down on his favorite spinning chair and laying his legs crossed on the table, he turned the volume up to the highest level and played all the songs loudly on purposed to piss off his wife. 

Not giving in to the argument, he stayed stubbornly like that in the studio with his music blasting loud for at least twenty something minutes before someone opened the door.

"If you want my forgiveness, you're going to have a lot more to make up than just a simple apology, you know that right?" Jiyong, suspected it to be Sohee, he lowered the volume and speak to her with his back against the door.

Heard no answer, he turned the chair around to find So Mi standing there offering him a plate full of kimbaps.

"Umma says no food for appa. So Mi snuck it in. Sshhh! Don't tell umma. Hihihihi~" So Mi, gave Jiyong the plate, she silenced him with her finger against her lips then ran off outside with a happy laugh.

"That's why people say daughters are so much more useful than sons. What a good daughter I have here. I'm starving!!" Jiyong, laughed at plate of kimbaps, he drowned himself back in the music again while enjoy the delicious homemade kimbaps.

Full from eating the twenty or so kimbaps, he got up and left the studio, heading toward the living room. Gesturing Ji Hoon to move over to make room for him, he then picked So Mi up and sat down with her on his laps.

"Don't touch the remote! I'm in the middle of my video game! APPA!!" Ji Hoon, he shouted in frustration at Jiyong for messing up his scores.

"You've played enough, now it's--- What The?!!" Jiyong, putting So Mi down to the side, he got closer to the TV with a mad and surprise look on his face.

"UH OH . . . Umma, it's late, I'm going to sleep! Good night!" Ji Hoon, talking all in one breath, he sprinted to his room and locked the door.

"From a very reliable inside source we were able to get a hold of a picture worthy of many headline news of the very famous and well known couple, Big Bang's G-Dragon and Wonder Girls' Sohee. Married with two kids, the couple have yet to allow the public to see the inside of their family and lives. They have always been careful and keeping everything out of the public's eyes. However, we're now able to get a sneak peek of it. Without further due, here is the picture of the match-made-in-heaven couple, looking beautiful as they sleep, half covered with the light blue, patterned blanket. G-Dragon, leaving his chest bared while sleeping with his arms wrapped around his beloved wife, Sohee. On the other hand, Sohee, wearing a white tank top is resting her head on his arm, hugging him. Don't they look like a happy couple? It is predicted that the couple's bed sets showed here in this picture will be on high demand as they're both trend setters. This is the first time that we have ever been able to get a look inside their private lives. In the future, will Mr. and Mrs. Kwon allow other parts of their lives to be shared with the public? The answer right now is undetermined." News anchor.

Jiyong and Sohee watches the news anchor reporting the picture of them sleeping together with their jaws dropped low in surprised.

"That picture was taken this morning! No one entered our house this morning. . . Ji Hoon." Jiyong, he marched angrily toward Ji Hoon's room, cleared of reason why he rushed back to his room the moment the news was on.

"Kwon Ji Hoon---!!" Jiyong, knocked twice on the door, he was pulled back by Sohee as she stood in front of him, against Ji Hoon's door.

"Look. He was just trying to---" Sohee, she calmly tried to explain to him without provoking his anger.

"He was trying to do what? Who taught him to take picture of his parents sleeping and sell it to the reporter? He's six yet he's already capable like that, if I don't punish him how will he grow up to be a righteous person?" Jiyong.

"Listen to me. If you're going to blame him then blame me instead. Cuz I was the one who told him to get Miyoung a gift. He needed money to buy the gift. What's wrong with wanting to get the person you like something nice? You always buy me things. Walk in his shoes a little and be more understanding. Please?" Sohee, careful with her choice of words, she tried to cool him down.

"Ahn Sohee! Stop siding with him, you're spoiling our kid! He could have easily ask me for money. But you letting him do that is not right. Who knows what else he might sell to the reporter in the future? Do you not understand? This is our lives, our privacy!" Jiyong, he shouted.

"Oh so now my last name is Ahn?" Sohee, she asked with her arms crossed.

"You know I don't mean it like that. I only say you full name like that when I'm mad and I'm really mad right now." Jiyong.

"Forget about my last name. But you want him to ask you for money to buy Miyoung's gift when you're so forcefully against him from liking her? Jiyong, he's our kid, he's not an outsider. He knows better not to let the media dig into our privacy. It's just one picture. It barely shows anything, just us sleeping. Can you just let it go?" Sohee, she reasoned with him.

In the middle of their argument, the door suddenly opened with Ji Hoon sticking his head out, trying to talk.

"Appa you shouldn't be mad at me. I'm helping you, don't you see? Now that the picture is spreading, no other male celebrity will try to steal umma from you. I got Miyoung a gift and you won't have any other guys wanting to take umma from you. It's a win-win situation." Ji Hoon, smile brightly, he reasoned as if he were in the middle of a business negotiation.

"Kwon Ji Hoon---!!!" Jiyong, he shouted.

"Umma, appa, I love you. Good night!" Ji Hoon, he sticks his tongue out mocking his parents then shut the door closed.

"You have to admit that he's got a point. He's a bright kid, very smart indeed. Let's go to sleep." Sohee, patting his shoulder with a sneaky laugh, she walked off to their bedroom.

"So Mi, go to sleep, it's late." Sohee, she told her off as So Mi is still standing by the door with the teddy bear tight in her arms.

"From now on, we're sleeping with our door locked!" Jiyong, he shouted, following Sohee back to their room.