Chapter 3

Eleanor And Park

PARK

He was in the kitchen waiting for lunch. The weather outside was good. The Sun shined through white clouds. Sunrays were falling on the trees and the leaves lit like gold. Looking at the sun reminded him of Eleanor. He looked at the door hoping that Eleanor's lettter would come soon. And then he looked at the telephone. 

His dad came and sat at the chair beside him.

"Any updates?"

"Not yet!"

Her mom brought the lunch. She had made lasanga and turkey. It smelled delicious. They all had the lunch. Park's dad was so happy to eat the lunch.

"Mindy, this is the best lunch ever! I love the food and I love you!"

"I love you, too"

Park thought he and Eleanor would look the same if they married. Just as adorable and beautiful together like his parents. He was thinking this when the telephone rang. Park jumped. It must be Eleanor's. She must have read the letter. Without thinking twice he rushed towards the phone. He picked it up.

"Hello? It's Park."

"Helloooo... Who's there?"

"Hey, Park. It's... it's me. Eleanor"

Hearing Eleanor's voice after months made Park emotional. He couldn't hold the phone. It fell from his hands. Park knelt down crying. It's Eleanor, her Eleanor. She had finally called him, even after months, but she did. He held up the phone, his body shivering, his eyes teary.

"Hey.. I..I'm sorry"

"Park.."

Eleanor was crying too. They both were 'cause they both were in love, with each other.

"I am so sorry that I didn't write you back.. I just couldn't... I was just--"

"You were emotional,"

"Are you mad at me?"

"I can't be. Even if I want to be"

"Park... I.. I.. I love you"

Eleanor never said this before. Park knew she did but she never said it. Now when she said, it felt like jingles in his ear. It felt like moon in the dark sky. It felt like a song. Not an ordinary song, the best song ever. Park hugged the phone like he was hugging Eleanor. He said out loud to the phone.

"I love you too. I love you too, Eleanor. Can I come and meet you?"

"No...not yet. We can exchange letters and I might call you somwtimes. Is that okay?"

"Absolutely, okay. I mean it's great."

"Bye"

"Bye"

She cut the phone. Eleanor will call him. She'll write him. Eleanor was hers, she is and she'll always be. This conversation even so short was full of love for Park and for Eleanor too. Park's eyes lit up. He smiled through his cheeks, the smile was on his face but it was his heart smiling. His mom came and held him up. She hugged him. He hugged her back. He could feel her smilling on his neck. 

"She called me, mom"

"I am so happy for you, sweetheart"

His mom kissed him on forehead. He rushed towards his room. He looked at the postcard which read "i miss you". He held it out in front of him. Sun shined at his back. The letters on the postcard looked more pretty with light. Park sat on his bed holding the postcard. He looked out of the window and saw a chuuby girl, just like Eleanor, hugging a teddy bear. He smilled. He should give her Eleanor a gift which will remind her of him. A gift that will remind Eleanor how much his Park loves her.

 

ELEANOR

Hearing Park's voice was like constellations. She looked at the red telephone lovingly. Red was the colour of love. Love is what Eleanor did. She loves Park. How loving it was when Park said he loves her too. Eleanor felt like she was flying in the sky in through the clouds, through rainbow. Park has always been so relaxing. She wanted him to be next to her, right his moment. She lay on her bed smiling at the ceiling. Everything felt so good and happy. This is how life is when you are in love. She said out to the room, to the world, to the universe.

"I love you, Park"