Chapter 4

Eleanor And Park

PARK

He was in a pet's shop. Blue walls all around him with pictures of dogs and cats. A narrow pathway with purple walls and frames led to a gallery having small and big partitions. In each partition was one dog or cat. All looking adorable. He went passed the partitions looking at every pet. In the farthest corner was one black kitten with grey eyes. She was almost as big as his palm. A newborn she must be. He went towards her and picked her up. She cried "meooowww" This was what he wanted. A perfect gift for a perfect girl. He took it to the caretaker and took her with him. Eleanor will be so happy to see her, he hoped.

ELEANOR

She went to an outlet of Starbucks to ask for a job. And she got one. This will help her. Maybe she'll have enough money to spare to go back to Omaha to meet her mom, siblings and Park. 

PARK

He came back home. The kitten jumped from his hand on the ground and ran towards the living room. She finally found a place to hide herself, beneath the couch. His brother saw her.

"What's this you brought? She is so cute, though."

"I brought her for Eleanor. It'll be a gift."

"Cool!"

He went towards the little kitten who was shivering. Maybe she is hungry he thought. He pulled her out from beneath the couch, held her in his hands and went to the kitchen to feed her with some milk. The kitten seemed happy after having her lunch so he let her go. Park was saturated. He went to his bedroom and sat on the floor. The only concern now was how to give it to Eleanor. His mom called her out.

"Park, honey can you please here in the garage? I need your help."

"Sure."

He went to the garage and what he saw was a blonde girl, getting ready for a party maybe. She had a round face, beautiful blue eyes, medium length blonde hair, sharp eyebrows, long-curved eyelashes. His mom looked at him.

"I have to make an urgent call. So can you roll her hair? The one which are not in the bun?"

"Yeah, okay."

He went to the chair she was sitting on. He stood behind it. She was wearing an off shoulder, plain and short bubblegum pink dress. His mom has put on make up on her. Hot pink lipstick, light coral cheeks and smoky eyes. Half of her hair was tied up in a bun and the other half was on her right shoulder. She was looking beautiful. She glanced over right shoulder and smiled at him.

"Hey, Park! I'm Lydia Stewart."

Her smile was just as beautiful as she was. Park smiled back

"Hi! You new here? I have never seen you before."

"Yeah, We moved in a week ago. My mom's friends with your mom. Isn't it cool? And your mom does so good makeup."

"Yes"

She cleared .

"Can you please do it fast because I have to go soon."

Park nodded.

He took the roller in his one hands and some of Lydia's hair in another. Her hair was so smooth like silk. He rolled it looking at her in the mirror. She looked back and raised her one eyebrow. He rolled all her hair without looking away from her, not even for a moment. Lydia stood up. She was as tall as he was.

"Thanks. Hope I'll see you soon."

"Me too."

He both went out the garage. She walked out and turned back to wave at him. Park waved back.

ELEANOR

She was heading towards her uncle's house after work. She smelled like coffee. Soon she'll learn to make all types of coffee. She went inside. Beside the door was one black kitten in a box looking at her. Uncle must have brought her here. She lifted up the box. She was lovely. She smiled at her. Her aunt was sitting at the chair watching TV. 

"You got her? Someone knocked at the door and left her here. He was a boy maybe of your age? I thought it was for you so I brought her in. You can keep her if you want."

A boy left the kitten. Of her age. It must be Park she thought. He must have left that little gift for her.

"Thanks"

She took the kitten out of the box and ran towards her room smiling. Cath, she named the kitten.