Chapter 2

Eleanor And Park

ELEANOR

It was midnight. She was laying in her bed looking out of the window. She saw the moon- so clear and beautiful in the dark sky. Moon is definitely pretty just like Park. It made her feel relaxed just like Park. Everything was just like Park or Park was the one she needed more than anyone or anything. She rolled over the other side of the bed and looked at the letters, postcards and yellow padded packages which she had laid on her bed. She really wanted to open and read them. But something in her heart- her fears stopped her from doing this. She sat up on her bed and tried to open a letter. Her hands trembled. She couldn't do it. She looked at the letter as if it were the moon. She clenched her jaw. Tears came up in her eyes. She tried to blink them away but she couldn't. Blinking away those tears (those tears of love) would mean to blink away her love for Park and she could never do that. Park was in her heart; in every part of her. His memories flooded her mind so did the tears in her eyes. One tear fell from her eye on the letter. She finally opened up that letter. Looking at the letter felt like looking at Park. It felt like being loved and this was probably the feeling she wanted in her whole life.

Eleanor,

I just want to say that I love you. I don't know anything beyond that. Please Eleanor, please, Write me back. It's okay if you can't write back frequently. But please, write back. Don't ignore me. I know, there must be some reason you are not writing. I am okay with long distance. I am okay with anything that brings us together. Because Eleanor I can't think of my life without you. I feel so incomplete without you. I want to live with you. I hope you want the same. And if you do, then there is nothing keeping us apart. I won't let anything. If you aren't good there, you can come to my house, you know? We can go to school together and to the prom too. I imagine you in a beautiful red dress, your hair fell across your shoulder, your eyelids glittery with eyeshadow, your beautiful lips in red lipstick, your pink cheeks with your freckles and I think can't think beyond that except that you are with me and this is what matters. Then I shall come to you and kneel down to take your hand and I wouldn't stop looking at you (I can never). We'll go to prom like this, with our hands in hands. I already miss you a lot Eleanor. Hope I'll see you soon. Please, write back love. I love you.

Yours

Park 

Eleanor too wanted to be with Park forever. She really wanted all the things written in letter to turn out true.

"I love more, Park"

Even saying this made Eleanor so overwhelmed. The letter fell of her hand on the bed. She brought her knees up to her chest and put her arms around them. She put her face in her knees and cried thinking about Park and their love. After reading the letter she decided this one thing, that she was never going to let Park go away (she shouldn't) 'cause one doesn't find true love again in life.

She wondered if Park has read her postcard. Will he write her back? Is he mad that she didn't write back? Will she be able to talk to him again? Or was it their end?

Eleanor slept crying that night. Maybe that is why people say loving is hard but it is definitely the most adorable feeling one can have.