03 - Borderline

💗Heart Collision💗
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter



They meant what they said...

Every single word of it...


Present...

France
 

The previous night… the night before everything changed…

Yet another working day was over and it was time to kick back and relax. 

Diana was cleaning the table as her mother went to bed. She decided to stay up because her vacation started tomorrow so she didn’t have to worry about work anytime soon. Thank god, I can sleep longer. Thanks, boss, you're a legend. She thought happily. Had thoughts of Alex left her mind? No. 

It kept her up. She was worried for her friend. She and her parents spent almost the whole night talking about the tragedy. It was the first time after a long time that they touched a painful subject. It was unfair. Why do parents hate Alex so much? What had she done so wrong to them to make them hate her? She hoped only for the best. She is not alone, fortunately, she has a family who adored her. Diana's uncle even offered legal help. Everyone wanted to help Alex. She'll put a reminder to call Alex through Skype on morning coffee like the girls always do. 

Max was nearby eating from his pot. Bad things outshined good things. Yet it didn't make her stop thinking of him. Whatever she was doing, his image resurfaces. They played once again. He played the guitar, she played the piano. Like in the movie Once. It reminded her of it. Yet he played that song. Her ears won't forget the soft tune of a voice. She remembered the way they finished class and Haneul's semi-serious, semi-teasing question. Once again he brought up their colleague.

***

"I told you, you and your friend will follow in Jack's footsteps." Haneul teased. 

She groaned. "Must you mention him? Jeez... We are friends." 

"Please... You do realize I am your boss and I monitor lessons. Right?" 

"Really? I didn't know." She was sarcastic. 

"I said the same when I was your age and look at me, long-term relationship with a fatal Japanese woman." He said. 

She sighed. 

"Get in the action, LeBon. Use that voucher. He won't wait." He winked. 

Before she could respond, the video ended. She clenched her jaw. "Dio Mio. Perche io..." She muttered. "I'll kill him. How come Yuki never killed him?!" 

***

She grabbed three black plastic bags and walked out in her pj's. When she took the trash out, she checked the horses and smiled realizing they were asleep. She headed towards her home and locked the door for the night. She checked if everything is in place - living room, kitchen, dining room. When she was done checking she went upstairs to her bedroom and got a text message that brightened her night. 

Rest well. Sleep well, princess. Good night, angel. 

-Jongin

*

Next morning...

Was it going to be a normal day one or does life have something else in the plan for her?

The light has woken her up,  instead of an annoying alarm. She stretched a little and reached for the phone to check the time. It was 6 already. She yawned and continued laying in her bed. She loves lazy mornings. She hates havoc. She hates mornings before work, they are very hectic. And almost always she gets things done at half. She always forgets something. Either to change the down part of her pj's or to smooth her hair a little. 

She was about to turn when her phone buzzed. She huffed. 

"Are you kidding me?" 

She sighed and grabbed the phone to see a text from him. She half yawned when she read the text.

I'm in Dijon. Give me the address where you live. 

-Jongin

She sat up as if someone splashed her. Her mind froze for a while until she jumped from the bed and texted him the address. 

"! I'm still in my pj's! Oh god, breakfast!" 

She ran out of her room downstairs. Her father was enjoying his tea but once he saw her he raised an eyebrow. 

"Good morning to you too. Max wishes--" 

"No time, papa! EMERGENCY!" 

He shook his head. At that moment, her mother walked bringing Max's pot with food and the little puppy barked happily. Diana smiled and greeted him.

"Sorry, boo boo, just your mommy is rushing and has a nervous breakdown. Do forgive her," Diana cooed.

"What in the world made you jumpy at 6 am?" Louise asked. 

"Well..."

Jean raised an eyebrow. Diana flushed and he folded his arms. "Diana..." 

She sighed. "A guy friend is coming... And um... I invited him to stay at our place..." 

Louise hid the grin. Jean was amused. 

"Guy friend? You act as if he's your boyfriend," Louise was blunt. 

Her heart jumped. "Mother. Not true! I don't have time for this!  IT'S A WORLD CRISIS!" 

"Okay, I'll make breakfast, you, Louise, go help her with whatever you women do." Jean winked. 

With the help of her mother, she was ready. It was a battle for makeup, but once again Diana prevailed. She likes being natural and Jongin likes it better. She blushed at the thought of him. Jean had finished making breakfast for all of them, so all he had to do was set the table. When he set the table, he poured himself a cup of coffee and sat down. Waiting. 

The doorbell rang and she ran to open it. She took a deep breath and opened the door. Before her, stood a man she was seeing only behind the screen. He looked handsome even more than on screen. He was tall, taller than her. He had broad shoulders. His sunkissed skin 

"Hey, you."

She smiled hypnotized. "Hey..." 

She didn't hide a grin. She ran towards him, absolutely forgetting everything her mind was warning her. logic. 

He grinned, opening his arms, she ran right into them wrapping arms around him tightly. Kiss? She was too shy for that. His lips met hers as he held her tightly. She melted into him, as she returned the tender kiss. She hid her face in the crook of his neck. 

"Crazy..." 

"I told you I'd come…" He whispered.

She smiled widely. "You did." 

She was doubtful, but he had pushed that doubt away. He's still crazy. She thought. 

He nodded and twirled her around. "Amore."

She yelped in surprise, as the action caught her off guard. She blushed at his pet name. He kissed her nose and put her down.

"Let's go inside," she said. 

"Will your parents be alright with me staying over?"

"They will be. They are in the living room," she frowned. 

He nodded. She led him inside. She caught his look. "What?" 

"Did I tell you that you are even more beautiful in person?"

She blushed.  "I... N-no." 

He wrapped an arm around her. "Lead the way." 

She led him inside of her "modest" house. It was a private joke between her parents and her. They are the housekeepers while some families are on vacation. She's still taken aback, by how other people don't get the joke. They actually think she's serious. 

She led him into the living room and her puppy came running happily barking at Diana but was slightly hostile towards Jongin as he didn't recognize his scent. She got down. 

"Max, be good. Jongin won't hurt you. Okay?" 

The puppy wailed and began sniffing the latter and his favorite thing jumping at people. She sighed. 

He smiled and took out a treat. "Here you go." 

"You're creating a monster, trust me." 

He chuckled. The three of them headed inside the living room and her parents were standing there. Her father and mother greeted him, though she noticed they were slightly hostile. Jongin understood that. 

"I am Kim Jongin," he introduced himself. 

"I'm Jean, Diana's father." 

"I'm Louise, Diana's mother."

"It's a pleasure to meet you," he said. 

"Papa made a brilliant breakfast," she smiled.

*

"What do you do for a living, young man?" 

"I'm an architect, sir, I am a partner in a firm with my friends from college," he explained. 

Diana was glad he was not stiff with English but he actually decided to challenge himself. Was it perfect? No. But it's an effort. She did sense nervousness oozing off him.

“That’s nice,” Her father nodded. “Do you have a special reason for being an architect?”

"I love art. Especially sketching, I love designing things, and my father was also a big inspiration. That's why I became an architect." He said.

He nodded slowly. 

Diana felt something strange in the atmosphere. She knows her parents had a completely different opinion of Korean culture. Mainly what the media says. Would this be harder than she thought? Perhaps. 

“What are your intentions with our daughter?” Jean was blunt.

“I would like to get to know her better and develop our relationship.”

Diana wanted to smile but she couldn’t. The atmosphere was tense and she didn’t want to make matters worse. Louise cleared . 

“Your culture seems… harsh.” Louise tried to say gently. 

Here we go. The worrying. Her parents love to overthink. 

“I understand your worries,” Jongin said. “But, I can assure you that I will never do anything to hurt her. With all due respect, I believe that cultures, age, and everything else don’t matter when you develop feelings for the other person.” He was blunt.

Jean was pleased with what he had heard. Has that made things easier? No. He still was a parent, and it was only natural to worry. Would he become like Alex’s parents - Giovanni and Maria? No. He’d kill himself if he had ever done what they did. 

“I strongly believe in the same, young man. Do forgive us if we are slightly cold, we only worry for Diana,” he said. 

“No worries,” Jongin smiled. “I can understand.”

“It’s our mistake we listened to the media, despite we all know that they only showcase lies,” Louise said, “if Diana had already chosen you, then we are happy to have you around.”

“That happens,” He said. “Many mix South and North Korea, so no worries. Thank you for having me over.”

“Call me, mom,” Louise frowned. 

Diana blinked. “Mom...we are not married yet...”

Louise smirked. “As if you don’t want it deep inside.”

“Your mom is right,” Jean winked, “you may call me dad.”

Diana glared. She knew this would happen. She didn’t know this would escalate so fast. Jongin chuckled.

“Mom, dad,” He said. “You have a deal.”

She blushed. 

“We have to go sightseeing, Jongin and I made some plans,” said Diana, getting up.

Jongin followed. “It was nice meeting you. I will see you later.”

Once they exited outside she breathed in relief. Sometimes they can be a handful. She remembered how each of her exes was freaked out. It wasn’t because they were strict but what her parents would say. They don’t know what to expect. Jongin was the first who won them. Even letting him call them ‘mom’ and ‘dad’.

“I like your parents.”

“They are not that strict just when it comes to my happiness they are, but once you get to know them....they are sneaky snakes,” Diana chuckled.

“Don’t worry about them,” He smiled. “They are fine.”

“They can go overboard with that, I am surprised they haven’t,” she said. 

“All parents are the same, are they not?” He winked.

Ha...Yeah... At least your parents aren’t trying to accuse you of killing your twin when a drunken driver did that and plus accusing you of illegally trying to take family money. She thought with hidden anger. 

“Of course,” she said, “how long do you plan to stay?”

“Until January 5th,” He smiled. “A little less than two months.”

Diana was visibly pleased with the response. She turned to him. “Two months is enough,” she replied shyly.

He smiled and wrapped his arm around her. “Where are we going first?” 

“We are going first to one of the palaces that were used in the fifteen century,” she smiled, “and the cathedral that’s built in the same century. I think your artistic mind would get inspiration to create or design something else.”

Everyone who visited the sight ended up getting inspiration. To her Dijon in Burgundy is a magical place. And she is glad her parents and her escaped the too-crowded Paris to move into her grandmother’s weekend home and make it their place to be.

“The architecture from the 15th century is quite something. It’s impressive.”

“There are so many palaces and mansions from that time. We are going to one of the hunting lodges used by King Francis I,” she grinned, “come!” 

She led him by the path through the forest. He followed, holding her hand. She smiled and looked at him before she leaned in and kissed his lips. The touch was soft but it didn’t last for too long. She smirked and ran away. He smirked and ran after her.

“Get back here!”

“Nope!” 

She giggled, but soon he caught her. “Got ya!”

“Now what?” She smirked. 

He turned her around and kissed her again. “This,” He whispered. 

She blushed and let her lips melt into his. She deepened the kiss, letting her tongue melt with his. The kiss was passionate and tender. She savored the taste of his lips, their soft texture. She wrapped arms around him and leaned in more into the kiss they shared in the November-like forest.
 


Italy


Alexandra drove her car over to her uncle’s place to talk to him. She didn’t want to worry him, because he was an elderly man, but at the same time, she had no choice. She needed to let him know what had happened. Will he be angry? Yes. Will it affect his heart condition? She hoped not. She parked the car in front of the house and stayed inside for a few more minutes. Thinking about the best possible way to tell him and not cause his blood pressure to go up. She sighed and grabbed her purse, getting out of the car. Her aunt had already spotted her and had walked out to greet her. Alex smiled and walked towa

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter