11 - It's That Time Of Year

💗Heart Collision💗
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter


 



It's hard... 

They say it gets easier in time...

But does it really? 


“Sweetie, will  you join us for this year's decoration of the Christmas tree next week?” Francesco asked.

Alex was silent as the words sunk in. It was that time of year… that date was approaching. It was supposed to be a day of joy. The Christmas sipirit. The joy in everyone’s heart. The happiness. But in Alex’s case… it was the opposite. It was the date of Chris’s death… and the day she would be alone. Yet, her Uncle and Aunt always called her. They wanted her to be with them, but she didn’t want to ruin the joy.

She tried to smile. She tried to be happy, but it was hard. Christmas meant something to her when Chris was alive. They had many lovely and fun memories over at Francesco’s place. They would decorate the tree, then help their aunt with cooking, later on, they would pack presents with Francesco before the rest of the family arrived.

***

“Grandma has a special surprise for you girls,” Franceso winked.

The two sisters looked at each other and grinned. “The big doll house that we want?!”

“Maybe,” Their uncle teased. “You’ll find out soon. But first, I want you girl to go get dressed. Your aunt made special dresses for you. They are in the room, and once you return, your presents will await you.”

The girls giggled and ran upstairs.

***

She blinked and wiped away her tear.

“Sweetie? Are you there?” Her uncle asked.

“Yes, sorry. I was just writing a report to Haneul,” She lied. “I’ll call you later and let you know… is that okay?”

“Alright, sweetie. I love you.”

“I love you too, uncle.”

With that, the line went dead and she placed the phone on the table, before dropping her head down. Chanyeol heard it all, but he didn’t say a word. Walking up to her, he placed her hands on her shoulder and gently massaged her, making her lift her head.

“Hey,” She smiled.

“Hey, baby girl,” He whispered. “Sleep well?”

She nodded. “And you?”

“It was good until you left and the bed left cold,” He pouted, wrapping her arms around her.

“I couldn’t sleep anymore, so I thought I could prepare some food for us.”

He nodded slowly. “I know it’s hard, baby girl. But try.”

She knew what he was talking about.

“For your uncle and aunt? For me?” He whispered, kissing her cheek.

“Can I think about it?” She asked.

“Of course,” He nuzzled her. “I have a suggestion, though.”

“I’m all ears.”

“Why don’t we go shopping, huh? It will both do us some good,” He smiled.

“I like the sound of that, but let’s eat first. I made your favorite scrambled eggs.”

He grinned. “Let’s go.”

*

Even though it was December, the weather was quite comfortable, and that is what made this part of Italy so good. It’s the reason why many people like coming here and spending the Winter season there. There was a lot to do, a lot to see, and on top of that enjoy the Christmas atmosphere. The streets were decorated already and the smell of apples and cinnamon filled their nostrils. It was wonderful indeed.

Chanyeol and Alex took a few pictures with her and made a few videos of the two of them just for fun as they walked through one of the famous shopping malls that were there. They were in search of some presents for her family and his as well. At first, he didn’t plan on it, but Alex talked him into it, as she wanted to bring something with her when she goes to Korea with him after the holidays.

“What is your family into?” Alex asked while they window-shopped.

“My sister likes cute things, and my parents,” He paused for a moment. “Dad likes wine and mom is into books or some accessories.”

“I know just the right place where to buy your sister a gift,” Alex smiled. “Well, wine isn’t a problem. Uncle will take care of that and we’ll find a nice broch and a book for you mom.”

“Alex, really-”

“I don’t want to hear it.,” Alex cut him off and linked arms with him.

“Then, I’ll do the same,” He winked.

Alex rolled her eyes playfully. “Whatever floats your boat.”

“By the way, baby.”

“Yes?” She looked at him.

He chuckled and the two continued their search for the perfect presents for their loved ones and themselves, before the bachelorette and bachelor party tonight.
 


Diana has picked out a newly opened club near the beachside. It was not secluded; it stood on the prominence of Milan. Diana wasn’t gonna do this but Alex's and Giovanna's reasoning made her accept. She hated big fuss.

You did say you want an Italian style wedding now you have to endure, her mind chided her. Her father gave the last word.

***

"We kinda rushed things, so it’s best if you don’t rush."

"Dad..."

"We had no money at the time. I told you how much we struggled," he said.

Giovanna pouted. "Pleaseeee..."

She sighed. Alex grinned and batted her eyelashes.

"Okay, okay!"

"YAY!"

***

The compartment where they were was private and had candles instead scattered all around making the room lit quite well. The girls gasped at how beautiful it was. Diana turned and saw Alex smiling for the first time.

She is smiling, Chris. Can you see it? Are you watching?

Just then a flick of a soft breeze rushed into the room, yet the Windows were closed. Diana felt inside its someone's presence. The scent of the fresia flower suddenly hit her nostrils. Christina adored that scent.

She is here.

A soft touch on her shoulder indicated her presence, confirming what she expected. The girls stopped. They felt it too.

What's with your face? Have I told you what I’ll do if I see it?

She chuckled.

Keep laughing, whatever I promise, I keep my word. Sheesh.

However, it was just for a short moment. Just as it appeared, it was soon gone. And Diana felt at ease, she no longer had a rock over her chest. Christina would always be part of their lives.

"Wow, the seats are made of velvet!" Giovanna gasped.

Diana chuckled. "We can enjoy like queens," she winked, "Let's get menus first."

Alex browsed through the menu as she had a difficult time choosing what she wanted to eat. All of it was delicious. “I can’t choose!” She pouted.

“Tell me about it…” Giovanna said.

"Hm, how about bruschetta or salmon salad?"

“Bruschetta sounds good,” Alex replied.

“I’ll go for a salmon salad,” Giovanna added.

Diana nodded. "I will take salmon salad too."

She presse

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter