A Proper Giza

Heist of a Lifetime

 

Alexandria, Egypt

Krystal carefully crawls under another hidden opening, which leads to yet another long and dark passageway. Behind her are Hyun Bin and Rosé, one holding a backpack and the other a torch.

The three of them have been scouring through the Pyramid of Giza for more than hour, but their target is nowhere in sight. They had to break through a wall near the pyramid's entrance to reach the supposed resting place of the Cleopatra's Staff. The path that they are currently on had not been used for centuries.

Placing all her faith in an old map that Yeoh had given her, Krystal steps into a room that is filled with spider webs and dusts. Lying in the centre of the room was a sarcophagus, gold in colour and filled with scriptures on its sides. Krystal pushes the sarcophagus cover open, revealing a stairway to an abyss of darkness right beneath the ground that she is standing on.

"If I'm reading this map right, this stairway would lead us to the last known location of the staff."

Krystal flips the map in her hand to Hyun Bin and Rosé before climbing into the sarcophagus, all eager to go down the stairway inside it. As she was finishing her sentence, Krystal saw Hyun Bin drop to the ground to catch his breath.

"Can we at least take a short break?" Hyun Bin says as he takes a sip from a water canteen.

"Come on! We're nearly there." Rosé extends her arms out to Hyun Bin.

Hyun Bin groans as he grabs onto Rosé's arm and gets back on his feet. He puts his water canteen in his safari shirt pocket before walking towards Krystal.

"And I thought I was the oldest one in this operation."

Yeoh's voice could be heard by everyone in the room through a walkie talkie that was clipped on Krystal's belt. Because of her age, Yeoh was deemed more suited to stay back at the base and give out instructions to the team. As for their newest member, Taehyung was tasked to be their getaway driver which means that his only job was to relax in a vehicle in case they require a quick getaway.

"Easy for you to say," Hyun Bin climbs into the sarcophagus. "How about you come down here and I'll stay back at the camp site."

Instead of coming up with another dig at Hyun Bin, Yeoh just laughs in surrender.

Rosé was the last one to get into the sarcophagus. Once she was inside, the three of them begin their descend through the stairway.

Even the torch in Rosé's hand could not provide much help to them as the stairway was too long and hollow to be lit completely. Barely seeing the steps under their feet, they walk down cautiously. Krystal tries her best to look for the end of the stairway while Rosé walks beside her.

As they were walking, Hyun Bin reaches his hand out to the walkie talkie on Krystal's belt and switches it off. "Are you certain that Taehyung would be up to the task?" He asks Krystal who was visibly confused by his action. "Why do we even need a getaway driver?"

"Having a backup plan wouldn't hurt, would it?" Krystal positions her hand next to the walkie talkie, wanting to switch it back on.

"Besides, I think our boss here kinda fancy Taehyung." Rosé teases as she gives Krystal a nudge.

"What the hell are you talking about?" Krystal flusters for a second and she shakes her head, trying to dismiss Rosé's remark.

Krystal switches the walkie talkie on, and the stairway was filled with deafening silence once again. At last, they were no longer descending while their feet continue to march forward.

Now walking on a flat surface, Krystal rolls the map up and she stores it in her pocket. She takes the torch from Rosé and begins to inspect the passageway for any y traps. The three of them keep on walking until finally, they reach an archway to a secret chamber.

"Stop!"

Krystal suddenly shouts and slowly gets down on all fours. She brings the torch closer to the ground, and a thin string just a few inches above the ground could be seen. "Step over this string and into the chamber, carefully."

Hyun Bin and Rosé, already frozen in their tracks, obeyed Krystal's instruction. After the two have crossed over the string, Krystal does the same and walks through the archway straight after. Krystal steps into the chamber and lights up the torches on the wall. Although they have not been used for so long, the wall torches work just fine, and they lit up the entire chamber.

Few trinkets and pots were scattered along the chamber's walls, but that was not what the group were after. Across the room stood a stele, a tall stone slab, but the carvings on it could not be seen clearly from where the group are standing.

"There! That's where the staff should be." Krystal points to the stele.

Rosé is the first to run towards the stele and stops right in front of it. But then, she turns around to Krystal and Hyun Bin and utters the words that neither of them wanted to hear.

"The staff is not here."

Krystal and Hyun Bin looks at each other for a moment before running to the place Rosé is standing. Turns out Rosé was right; Cleopatra's Staff is not in its supposed location. All they could see on the stele is the carving of Cleopatra wielding, well, nothing. In Cleopatra's hand was only the outline of something in the shape of a staff.

"Yeoh, talk to me." Krystal pulls the walkie talkie closer to .

"It doesn't make any sense. Someone must have taken the staff because the book was pretty clear about the staff's location."

"Do you have any idea about who it could be?" Krystal grows uneasy and begins to pace back and forth.

"Anyone that has ever lived between the time of Cleopatra's death until now could be a suspect."

Krystal clips the walkie talkie back to her belt and shouts in frustration. She inhales and holds her breath for seemingly an eternity before turning to Hyun Bin and Rosé.

"Come on, lets head back to camp." Krystal, looking defeated, begins to walk out of the chamber with the other two following suit.

All of them stayed silent during the walk back to the pyramid's entrance. Rosé extends her arm around Krystal as they continued walking but she too did not utter a single word to Krystal. After an hour of walking back through their trails, they finally reach the exit.

What they did not expect to be waiting for them outside of the pyramid was the Cleopatra's Staff, shining ever so brightly under the hot desert sun. But holding the staff was none other than G-Dragon. Next to him were almost a dozen men, with their rifles pointing straight at the pyramid's entrance.

"Looking for something?" G-Dragon says smugly while lifting the staff up.

Krystal, Hyun Bin and Rosé stood still at the mouth of the pyramid. The first to react was Krystal as she steps in front of Rosé in case one of the men starts shooting.

"So you have the staff," Krystal said as she places her arm behind her back and grabs Rosé's hand. "Which is worthless because you don't have the emerald, and you still don't know the location of the vault."

"That is why you will hand the emerald to me now." G-Dragon he pulls out a revolver and points it at Krystal. "And don't worry, I know where to get the map to the vault."

"What makes you think that we will simply hand the emerald to you?" Hyun Bin steps beside Krystal after throwing the question.

G-Dragon smiles as he looks around at the armed men next to him. And he fires a bullet at Hyun Bin.

The sound of the revolver startles Krystal and Rosé as Hyun Bin drops on his back to the ground. Krystal could see the bullet hole on Hyun Bin's chest pocket, which prompted her and Rosé to start running. The armed men then begin to shoot but all of them fail to hit the target.

"Taehyung, pick us up now!" Krystal shouts as she and Rosé runs around towards a rocky plain near the pyramid.

G-Dragon hands the staff to one of his men and he runs after Krystal. The other armed men spread out in an attempt to flank Krystal and Rosé. G-Dragon, accompanied by one of the armed men, chase straight after Krystal.

The chase continues even as Krystal and Rosé had entered a rocky plain filled with boulders and bushes. They change direction and turn at a huge boulder, with G-Dragon and his man right on their tail. But as G-Dragon reaches the boulder, he trips over a foot that suddenly pokes out from behind it and falls.

Rosé jumps on G-Dragon and snatches the revolver from him. Krystal then appears from behind the boulder and punches the armed man with G-Dragon. The man's leg flail because of the punch and Krystal takes the opportunity to give him a head kick. As the man falls to the ground, Krystal put her arm around his neck in a guillotine style. The man punches Krystal to get out of the headlock but he gets slower with each punch. Few seconds later, the man stops resisting as his arms came to a stop.

Krystal let the man's head out of her arms and the man drops to the ground unconscious. She turns to Rosé who is aiming a revolver at G-Dragon.

"Where's the map?" Krystal asks before jabbing G-Dragon in the face.

G-Dragon screams in pain and grabs his nose that has already begun to bleed. "Monaco! The man that owns the map, Lee Byung Joon, is in Monaco."

"Byung Joon the Korean politician?" Krystal jabs G-Dragon's nose again as he nodded to her question. "Thank you for your cooperation."

Once again, G-Dragon screams in agonising pain and rolls on the ground. To add salt to injury, Rosé follows up with a kick to G-Dragon's groin.

"That's for killing my friend!" Rosé's shouts with her eyes filled with tears.

Taehyung arrives to the scene in a Jeep right after. Krystal and Rosé get on and they speed away from G-Dragon. The armed men then reach G-Dragon just a few seconds later.

"Hey, I heard everything that happened." Taehyung softly speaks up as he hands out a handkerchief to Rosé.

Rosé, already broken into tears while leaning in Krystal's embrace, takes the handkerchief and wipes her eyes. It was not long until she once again bawls her eyes out.

"Yeoh, start packing our things," Krystal said while keeping her arms around Rosé. "We'll be on the next plane to Monaco"

"Copy that."

Yeoh's voice came out from Krystal's and Taehyung's walkie talkie simultaneously. Taehyung switches his off and turns to Krystal, expressing his sympathy.

Krystal nods to Taehyung as a sign of acknowledgement. After Taehyung had turned his face back to the road, Krystal rests her head on Rosé's.

A single tear rolls down her cheeks, followed by another. And another.

 


A/N: Hey firstly I wanna thank everyone that has subscribed to this fic. It means a lot to me :)

Also I would appreciate any comments cuz I would love to get feedbacks on how you're liking the story and maybe how I can improve

I have a rough draft of the story but I literally wrote only one paragraph for this chapter

so, it was kinda a struggle to expand the idea but I hope you enjoyed it.