New Friends

Heist of a Lifetime

 

The street of Songwol-dong Fairy Tale Village was filling up with visitors. People were busy walking up and down the street, most of them headed towards the same area, the filming spot of a tourism television program. The centre of attention was an American billionaire, the now former owner of an ancient green emerald. But he does not know that yet.

Few blocks away from the filming spot was a tragedy waiting to happen. Krystal and her ex-boyfriend, G-Dragon is now locked in an unprompted staring contest.

"What a pleasant surprise," G-Dragon steps closer towards Krystal. "Have you changed your mind and finally decided to join me?"

Realising that G-Dragon's attention was entirely on Krystal, Hyun Bin pulls Rosé along with him and they continued walking, acting like they were just some random passers-by. It worked as G-Dragon did not even glance at them as they walk pass him.

Krystal takes a short breath, "I came here to see you." She gently places her hands in G-Dragon's, "I just- we need to talk. About us."

"There's nothing to talk about," G-Dragon pulls his hands away from Krystal. "You had your chance, and you blew it."

Krystal covers her face with her hands as she starts to cry. She dashes away from G-Dragon, looking all broken hearted.

Once she was out of G-Dragon's sight, Krystal pulls her hands down, and she sees Hyun Bin and Rosé smirking right at her.

"Alright then, show's over," Although her eyes were a bit red, Krystal did not actually shed any tears for G-Dragon. "Now, back to our original plan."

Hyun Bin and Rosé slowly claps as a sign of mockery and Krystal jokingly bows down.

"You should become an actor honestly." Rosé puts her arm on Krystal's shoulder as she said that. The three of them then continues walking towards the appraisal store that they were heading for.

After almost twenty minutes of walking, they finally reach the store. By the looks of it, the owner of the store must be a Chinese. A signboard written in Mandarin characters sits comfortably above the main entrance, along with some Chinese lantern right beside it.

Krystal and Rosé steps inside hand in hand while Hyun Bin follows from behind. Clink, the sound of a bell can be heard as Krystal pushes the door open. She takes a look inside and sees a middle-aged woman sitting behind a glass counter.

"Ah! It’s been a while," The woman, who was analysing a golden necklace, gets up from her seat. She puts the necklace on the counter and takes off her glasses. "So, what brings you here, Krystal?"

"Good to see you too Yeoh." Krystal approaches the woman with a friendly smile on her face. She gives the woman a hug and they briefly kiss each other's cheeks.

Hyun Bin and Rosé shakes the woman's hand along with a routine Hi, nice to meet you. Krystal wasted no time as she immediately pulls out the green emerald from Hyun Bin's bag.

She places the emerald on the counter in front of Yeoh, "How much do you think this thing is worth?"

"You went quiet on me for three years and then you return here with this?" Yeoh snickers as she picks up the emerald, inspecting it. "You haven't even introduced me to your friends yet." She puts her glasses back on and takes a closer look at the ancient artefact.

"The tall one is Hyun Bin and this cute one here is Rosé." Krystal gently pats Rosé's head as she introduces her 'friends' to Yeoh.

Right at that moment, Krystal notices that Yeoh's facial expression had begun to change. The smile on Yeoh's face slowly disappears as her jaws drop. Yeoh tried to cover to hide her expression, but it was still very much visible.

"Everything alri-" Krystal asked when Yeoh suddenly drops the emerald and runs into a storage room at the back of the store.

Krystal looks at Hyun Bin and Rosé. The three of them certainly did not anticipate Yeoh's reaction and they were left clueless. Few minutes later, Yeoh returns to them while holding a very thick book in her hand. As Yeoh flips through the pages, everyone could see that it was an old book. The papers have turned yellow and brown spots could been seen on each page.

As the common scent of old books reaches everyone's nose, Yeoh stops flipping through the pages and points at a drawing. She picks up the green emerald and places it right next to the drawing, which coincidentally looked a lot like a sketch of an emerald.

"As I live and breathe," Yeoh, just as surprised as before, looks to Krystal. "Do you know what this thing is?" She said as she picks the emerald up.

"Yeah, it's just a green emerald, is it not?" Krystal did not know whether Yeoh was expecting a different answer from her.

Yeoh scoffs, "Just a green emerald? No, you don't get it. This artefact is a part of an ancient relic that was said to be the key to immeasurable wealth."

Krystal seemed taken aback by Yeoh's explanation. She softly smacks Rosé's arm, whose jaw has already dropped to the floor.

"It says here that when this emerald is placed inside Cleopatra's Staff, it can unlock a vault that stores all the wealth of an ancient civilisation."

The excitement level of Krystal, Hyun bin and Rosé went through the roof as Yeoh continues with her explanation. After taking a minute to compose herself, Krystal steps closer towards the Yeoh.

"Where can we find this Cleopatra's Staff?"

"In the same place she was buried, Egypt."

The already calm Yeoh replied to Krystal. Krystal turns around towards Hyun Bin and Rosé, and they all nod in an agreement. It seems like the gang would be setting off on another adventure.

"You know, we could use someone of your expertise," Krystal said as Yeoh hands the emerald back to her.

"I haven't left Incheon for so long," Yeoh could see the anticipation in Krystal's face as she said that. "But what the hell? I'm in."

The entire store was filled with cheers and joy after Yeoh decided to tag along on the adventure. All four of them then get into a group hug.

"We're going to Egypt!" Rosé shouts, and the rest burst into laughter.

--

Inside a coffee shop in the heart of Incheon, Krystal, Hyun Bin and Rosé were sitting at a table next to the window. They brought a small luggage each before catching their flight to Egypt. Occasionally, Krystal would look at her watch and glance out the window.

Noticing that Rosé has been looking uneasy ever since they stepped foot inside the coffee shop, Krystal speaks up.

"Hey, it's gonna be alright," Krystal leans closer towards Rosé. "Yeoh will be here any moment now, and we'll be on the next plane to Egypt."

Rosé lets out an obviously fake smile. Krystal was about to give more reassurance to Rosé when she notices a grey sporty sedan stopping right in front of the shop. Yeoh steps out of the car, and she waves to someone in the driver's seat as the car drove away.

Yeoh enters the coffee shop while carrying a travel backpack. She looks at Hyun Bin, who was leaning back on his chair with his eyes closed.

"Looks like someone didn't get enough sleep." Yeoh said as she sits down beside Krystal.

Hyun Bin was woken up by Yeoh's remark and he grunts as he stretches in his seat.

Krystal shakes her head as she begins to give out some small, navy-blue books to the rest of the group. "This passport contains a fake identity to cover our tracks." Krystal gives some time for the others to take a look at their new passport.

"Now that everyone's here, we can head to the train sta-"

Before Krystal could finish her sentence, a bunch of policemen storms into the coffee shop. An officer wearing a suit step in front of his colleagues.

"Is there a Krystal Jung here?" The officer, whose name appears to be Ji Jin Hee as written on his name tag, asked. The other customers in the shop all stared at him in silence.

Right at that moment, Krystal jumps out of her seat and runs towards the shop's back door. Jin Hee instructs his men to go after Krystal as he rushes through the front door. Yeoh, Hyun Bin and Rosé casually exits the shop, tailing Jin Hee from behind.

Sprinting as fast as she could while still carrying her duffel bag, Krystal runs through the back alley while heading for the street. But then two police officers appear at the end of the alley, blocking her path out. Krystal turns to her right, and she sees an opportunity to escape.

She jumps on a dumpster, and she begins to climb using air-conditioner condensers that are bolted to the wall. She leaps from one condenser to the other, working her way up. After she has managed to climb onto the highest condenser on the wall, she jumps and just barely manages to grab on the rooftop ledge.

Krystal uses her upper body strength to pull herself up onto the roof. She turns back and sees the officers that are after her climbing up using the buildings ladder. The ladder is situated some distance away, giving Krystal ample time to escape.

She then continues to sprint through the rooftop, vaulting above any vents in her way. When she finally reaches the end of the rooftop, Krystal takes a moment of catch her breath. It was not long until all the officers have finally finished climbing the ladder, and now all of them are running towards Krystal.

Krystal turns her entire body towards the rooftop parallel to the one that she is currently on. She takes a few steps back and initiates her movement. She runs towards the other rooftop, and as her foot lands on the ledge, she uses it as a boost to jump.

For a moment, Krystal was flying in the air as she leaps from one rooftop to the other. She rolls just as she lands on the rooftop before getting back on her feet. The officers on the other side went scrambling back to the ladder, knowing that they could not pull off the jump like Krystal did.

After flipping and hurdling through obstacles, Krystal eventually reaches a ladder on the other side of the shop lots. She gracefully slides down by placing her hands and feet at the sides of the ladder. Once she was firmly on the ground, Krystal taps on her pockets to check on her belonging. Fortunately, all of them stayed in her pockets throughout the entire chase.

Krystal jogs through the street, looking for a place to hide and reassemble the crew. That is when, out of nowhere, Jin Hee emerges in front of Krystal. He points his gun and instructs Krystal to put her hands up.

Krystal complied, but then Yeoh sneaked up behind Jin Hee and kicks the gun out of his hand. Then Hyun Bin follows up by punching Jin Hee's head, knocking him out cold. Lastly, Rosé plays a part by spitting on Jin Hee who was lying unconscious on the ground.

"That wasn't necessary, but I'm not complaining." Krystal said as she puts her hands down and walks towards them.

"Ehh I think it was." Rosé grins proudly while looking at Krystal.

Their trouble did not end there though, as police officers pop out from the shop lot corner, running towards them.

"Oh give me a break!"

Krystal is definitely exhausted, but she starts to run again, the others along with her.

Like clockwork, the grey car that Yeoh got off from few minutes ago stops beside them just as they began to run. The tinted car window rolls down, revealing a young handsome man at the helm of the Porsche.

"Get in!"

Yeoh was the first to get into the car while the others had no choice but to follow. The car speeds away from the officers that have now stopped running. Without thanking the man just yet, something lingers on Krystal's mind.

"Who the hell are you?" Krystal asked while she puts her bag down on the car floor.

The man stays silent but instead, Yeoh answers for him. "He's my nephew," Yeoh, sitting at the front passenger seat, turns around to Krystal. "I might have told him about the operation."

"Well, you have a very fine nephew." Rosé interrupts the conversation, trying to flirt with the man.

The man chuckles and turns around, facing the back seat. He did not turn to Rosé though, but instead, all his attention falls on Krystal.

"Nice to meet you. I'm Taehyung."