Four

A Night on the Town Turns Into This?!

 

I allowed Dongwoon to lead me over to the couch. I still couldn't believe that I was in 
 
this type of situation but really it wasn't looking too bad anymore. What I couldn't get 
 
out of my head was how warm Dongwoon's hand was and how in the world I was going to drive 
 
home tonight. The two designated drivers had both been drinking.
 
With that put aside not long after I started thinking about it, I sat on the couch with my 
 
back against Dongwoon's.
 
"Any specific reason why you're sitting back to back with me?" he asked with a chuckle.
 
In response I just lifted our chained hands in the air. They were hanging off the side of 
 
the couch. It was either that or sit face to face with either our hands in my lap or his. This was much more comfortable.
 
I started talking to Dongwoon like he was a regular non-annoying person. Which, surprisingly, he was. After a while of talking and laughing, we had fallen into a comfortable silence.
 
"You know," I started out of the blue. "I'm actually having fun. I mean I never thought that could happen with you around."
 
"You see, I'm not that bad, am I?" he asked chuckling.
 
"No. You not that bad. But why?"
 
"Why what?" he asked turning around. I almost fell backward but he caught me fast.
 
"Why are you so mean to me?" I asked leaning my head back to look him in the face.
 
"You really want to know?" he asked laying my head on his lap. I nodded still looking up at him.
 
Well it started back on our first day of high school. You do remember us being at your school before Hyuna and the other transferred right?" he asked. Once again I nodded so he could continue. "Well, I was shy back then and you were this cute kinda nerdy girl. I wanted to say hi, thinking that maybe you'd be nice to me. I walked up to you and said hi. You nodded your head without looking at me and moved away instantly."
 
I looked at him in shock. I did that? Well, I wouldn't count that out. I was really shy when high school started too since I had just moved into the school district and I had no friends. I stayed quiet and decided to let him continue.
 
"Well, at first I thought that you were one of those cold girls but then I noticed that you were just kinda shy. I tried waving at you and saying hi whenever I saw you but it was like you never saw me. I mean you even talked to JunHyung and ignored me even though I was standing right next to him. One day I accidentally walked into you cause I wasn't paying attention and you actually noticed. So I decided I was going to get your attention even if it meant being mean to you. And the man- thing you hate, yeah, blame Kikwang," he ended with a laugh.
 
I laid there and thought for a second. I couldn't say that he was lying to me. I mean the first time that I noticed Dongwoon was the day he bumped into me and then stared at me like nothing happened. After that day he did little things that irked me and then the first time I actually talked to him was when I shouted at him for spilling milk on my desk.
 
I sat up and looked at Dongwoon. He looked back at me with a curious expression.
 
"I'm sorry," I sighed looking down. "I'm sorry I drove you to becoming who you are, although I don't claim the manwhore thing."
 
"It's okay Heeyoung. Really, it's no problem. I should have just dropped it anyway," Dongwoon shrugged it off.
 
"No. It's my fault and I claim responsibility. How about we make a deal? You stop being mean to me, and I promise not to ignore you. We can be friends," I said smiling at him.
 
"I'd like that," he smiled back. "Okay, it's a deal."
 
I smiled even wider and held out my right pinky. He laughed at it but ended up linking his left one with it. Now we were tied not only by our pinkies and the handcuffs but by our new friendship. Never thought it would happen.
 
"Okay, now that we're done being all mushy, I'm going to lay back down," I said laying back on his lap. "You're a really comfy pillow."
 
He laughed at my sillyness and we started talking again.
 
"You still haven't told me how you knew it was me earlier. I'm pretty sure you've never seen me without my glasses," I said poking him in the chest.
 
"I saw you that night you flashed the bar. It was just me though so don't worry," he laughed as I groaned. "And your eyes. You have very unique eyes."
 
"What, no I don't," I laughed it off.
 
"Yea you do," he smiled. "Your eyes are the perfect almond shape. And almond colored. And if you look close enough, they've got little gold flakes in them."
 
I turned my head away from him cause he was trying to look into them.
 
What? What are you talking about? Of course that's the reason why. What other reason could there be? Nooo, I was not blushing. ...okay who am I kidding. I was blushing and lucky that the room wasn't as bright as it could be because he definitely would have seen.
 
"Hello my lovelies!" Hyuna cooed as she burst in. Thank god! "Oh, what do we have here? Maybe I should leave you two alone for a few more minutes." Never mind.
 
"Hyuna! Dammit, stop playing!" I shouted getting up. My blush was full force now and Dongwoon was just shaking his head.
 
"Haha, I was just kidding," she said closing the door behind her. "I just came to set you two free. Are you guys going to continue being nice to each other?"
 
"You're looking at brand new friends right now," Dongwoon smiled at Hyuna.
 
"Aww! That's great! Well, I guess you two deserve to be set free now," she said fishing the key out of her bra.
 
I facepalmed at where she kept the key. I mean, really? She let us out of the handcuffs and I rubbed my wrist. With all the pulling and rubbing my wrist had been doing in those cuffs they were kinda sore.
 
Shinee's A-Yo was blasting through the speakers downstairs and I got excited. I loved this song. If not for its upbeat lyrics it was for its great beat. I grabbed Dongwoon's arm and ran downstairs.
 
"Wait, you really wanna dance with me?" Dongwoon shouted over the music.
 
"Why not? We're friends now right?" I shouted back laughing.
 
We spent the rest of the night dancing together and our friends. Kikwang tried to dance with me too but Dongwoon quickly took care of him. Everyone knew I hated Kikwang, except for Kikwang.
 
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
 
I guess this isn't the end. I don't why I'm dragging this out anymore but I still ideas for this. *Sigh* guess you'll have to deal with me.