Chapter 3

Where Do I Begin, Where Do We End

How fast the time pass when you’re with your family. Even though his family lives in Seoul, not far from his home and Astro’s dorm, and he can see them whenever he want, it’s still not enough. Not with his tight schedule as Astro member and number one actor idol. It’s not that long since he last saw his family but Eunwoo always value the time he spends together with them. Because you would never know when he is free to see them again.

 

That’s why, Eunwoo use every minutes, every seconds he has this break with his parents and dongsaeng. They went to holiday, shopping, golfing, watching movies and musicals, eating out and cooking together. They just came back from their vacation in Jeju, just landed this morning. Eunwoo is chilling and talking with Donghwi in his room after they ate their lunch when his phone rings.

 

Rocky

 

It said on the screen.

 

“What? Chingu?” Donghwi says excitedly.

 

Eunwoo giggles. “Yeah, your chingu. Want to talk to him?” he says before he swipes the green icon. “Hey, Rocky,”

 

“Hey, Eunwoo hyung.” Minhyuk’s voice greets him from the other line. “What are you doing? How are you? Are you still alive?”

 

The visual laughs. “Yeah, I’m still alive. I’m doing great and I’m just talking with Donghwi.” He looks at his younger brother from the corner of his eyes. “Donghwi want to talk to you.”

 

The younger Lee quickly shakes his head even though Eunwoo already holding the handphone out to him. “It’s okay, hyung. I can call him and talk later. Chingu miss you and want to talk with you.” He stands up from the bed. “I will leave you two alone.” Then he says with a louder voice hoping Minhyuk will hear him from the other side. “Chingu, I will call you later, okay? Text me when you’re free so I can call. It’s been long since we talk.”

 

Minhyuk’s laughs from the other side. “Yeah. I will text you later. Miss you too, chingu.”

 

Donghwi wave at the handphone as if Minhyuk can see him, before he walk out of Eunwoo’s room and closed the door behind him. It sounds weird but Donghwi want to give them privacy. There must be something they want to talk, something private or secrecy in Astro or entertainment industry. Or he just wants to leave them so his brother can talk freely and comfortably with Minhyuk.

 

Because out of five other Astro members, Eunwoo had mention Minhyuk’s name the most all break.

 

I think Rocky was mad at me.

 

Look, Rocky says nothing in our group chat.

 

Rocky didn’t pick up my call and didn’t reply to my messages.

 

Our Rocky is so amazing don’t you think? He is what you should call an all-rounder.

 

What do you think of this bag? It suits Rocky but I’m not sure if he would like it.

 

Have you watch Rocky’s new video? Make sure to stream a lot and give him views.

 

“He left,” Eunwoo says, putting his handphone on his ear. “How are you, Rocky? You were so quiet I’m wondering if you’re still alive.” He returns the jokes back, earning a small chuckle from the younger.

 

“I’m fine, hyung. I just…been busy with something.”

 

Eunwoo furrow his eyebrows, he moves his body to lie on the bed. “Busy? Are you working? Yah, Rocky! We are on break, you shouldn’t be working,”

 

“I’m not. I am on break.”

 

Eunwoo smiles, he can hear the pout in Minhyuk’s voice. “What are you doing this past week? Playing with Janggeun? Visiting your grandma?”

 

“Yeah, I did. I mostly stay home and be with my family.” A short silent. “What about you, hyung? What did you do?”

 

Eunwoo frowns at the questions.

 

Him, and four other members keep reporting their activities in the group chat. They usually send a message late in the evening saying what they did that day. Jinwoo mostly said he went camping and going fishing with his family or alone. He proudly sent the photos of him with the big fish he caught. Myungjun didn’t say much, just he spend the days with his family and friends and going shopping or playing soccer. Moonbin and Sanha were the same. Moonbin was staying and roaming around Seoul, going places he can’t go when they were on schedule. Sanha went on a cruise in Busan. Eunwoo himself telling the group he went to Jeju. He even sent a few photos of souvenirs he bought for everyone.

 

Except Minhyuk.

 

Minhyuk was the only one keep his silent in the group chat since last Sunday. He didn’t give a report or replying to their messages, in the group chat or privately. It makes Eunwoo wonder if Minhyuk didn’t even read their chat at all for him to ask what he did this break.

 

Eunwoo gulp his saliva.

 

Was Minhyuk still upset at them that he ignores their messages?

 

“Hyung…?” The voice calls hesitantly.

 

Eunwoo clear his throat. “I went to Jeju, just came back this morning. I bought this bag, I thought it would suit you. But I’m not sure if you would like it though,”

 

“Hyung, no matter what, if it’s from you, I will love it.”

 

He smiles. “I’m glad. I hope you will love it. I can’t wait to see you with the bag. You will look extremely cool with them.”

 

Silence.

 

Minhyuk say nothing to reply. Eunwoo frowns again. No. Not because of the quietness, but because of the background sound from the other side.

 

“Rocky-ah? Where are you? Are you at the beach?” Eunwoo asks curiously, the sound of heavy wind he knows would only come from a sea breeze clearly reach his ears.

 

“Yeah…” He says softly. “I am at the beach,”

 

“Where are you? When did you arrived?”

 

“Thursday…”

 

Eunwoo move his handphone from his ear to look at the time. It’s past two in the evening. Most hotels have a check out time at noon. Why Minhyuk still staying there and not at his hometown?

 

He put the device back to his ear. “Will you come back straight from there tomorrow? You’re not going back to Jinju?”

 

Silence.

 

“Eunwoo hyung…” Minhyuk calls, still not answering the question.

 

“Hurm?”

 

“Did you hate me?”

 

“Wh…what?” Eunwoo stuttered and sits up quickly. “Why did you say that? Are you on VLive or Instalive or something?”

 

“No. I’m not. You guys would know if I went on VLive.”

 

Yeah. He didn’t received any notification about someone log in Astro VLive channel and doing a live. But…but… The loud beating in his heart hurt so much. He didn’t know why. This is too scandalous to be a funny question.

 

“No. Why did you say that, Rocky? I don’t hate you. I would never hate you,” he says as sincerely as he hope will reach the other.

 

“Because I feel like you hate me.” Minhyuk’s voice start to vibrate anomaly.

 

“What? No!” Eunwoo quickly jump in. “I would never hate you, Rocky. Never. I love my hyung-dul and dongsaeng-dul. I love all of you.”

 

Silence.

 

Eunwoo healed a breath to calm himself, and hoping Minhyuk is too. “Why, Rocky? Why did you think that? Did I do anything to make you feel I hate you?”

 

“You almost never choose me whenever you were ask to pick a member.”

 

The visual sighs. That’s it? Minhyuk think he hates him just because he didn’t choose him when he needed to say a name? Was this a hill he would die on to be this upset and have a thought of Eunwoo hating him? Just because of a stupid question?

 

No.

 

Not a question.

 

Eunwoo actually lost count on how many questions they were asked to pick a member for something and something.

 

And Minhyuk was right. He almost never chooses him. He didn’t even remember if he had mention Minhyuk’s name as an answer.

 

He gulps his saliva. “It’s just a question, Rocky-ah. You know I was only joking, I was playing around to make it funnier and interesting,”

 

“MJ hyung…” Minhyuk replies. “…said you hates me,”

 

“No, Rocky-ah. M-hyung was only joking. You know how he is. We were only teasing and joking around.”

 

He had to squeeze his brain to think when Minhyuk heard Myungjun said such a thing, and to remember to ask Myungjun and the other members to stop saying it if it’s upset Minhyuk so much.

 

“I’m really worried about Rocky though. It seems like something is bothering him. Rocky was crying. Rocky was not someone to cry.”

 

The voice of their small leader crossed his thought.

 

Silence.

 

Eunwoo once again jump in his seat when he heard a sniffle from the other side. “Rocky? Rocky-ah. Are you crying? Hyung is sorry. I will make sure to pick you next, okay? I promise.”

 

This is not about him choosing other members than Minhyuk. This is not. The thing that upsets Minhyuk was bigger than they think. Eunwoo was sure of it.

 

“Don’t make promise you can’t keep, hyung,” Minhyuk says solemnly.

 

“Wh…what?” Eunwoo gulp the heavy lump in his throat.

 

“A promise makes to happen, not to break them,”

 

“I…I…I didn’t break any promises.” Did I?

 

Minhyuk let out a low chuckle, but it sounds so painful to Eunwoo’s ears. “You promise to stay with me, but you went to drive Sanha when he asked. You didn’t hesitant for a second and just leave me behind,”

 

“Rock…Rocky-ah. I’m sorry.” Eunwoo gulp his saliva.

 

Yeah. That thing did happen. Eunwoo remembered when he quickly said yes when their youngest ask him to send him home just after he agreed to stay with Minhyuk in the noon. Eunwoo hates himself. He can’t deny he did unconsciously hurt Minhyuk.

 

“I’m really sorry,” he repeated, feeling ashamed of himself.

 

“I know you likes Sanha more than me.” Minhyuk’s voice low and vibrate with sadness. “Sanha is your most favourite dongsaeng, of course you would chose him,”

 

“Rocky-ah…” Eunwoo feels his eyes hot with unshed tears. “I didn’t mean to. I just…”

 

Just what?

 

Eunwoo didn’t know.

 

“I’m sorry. I’m really, really sorry,” Eunwoo plead. “I will make it up to you, okay? I promise.”

 

Silence.

 

The sound of Minhyuk sniffles and the sea breeze were the only things Eunwoo heard from the other side.

 

Minhyuk was really upset. Eunwoo didn’t know how to comfort him. Adding with what Jinwoo told them, he didn’t think a simple apology and the Jeju bag were enough for Minhyuk. He needs something big and amazing to make sure Minhyuk knows they care, he cares.

 

“Were you just gone after you left me, hyung?” Minhyuk asks suddenly.

 

“Huh? What…what do you mean?” Eunwoo ask back, startled.

 

“I cooked ramyun after you left,” Minhyuk says. “I burn myself and while Jinjin hyung fussing after me, I thought you were there.”

 

Eunwoo gulp his saliva. “Huh? Huh?”

 

He chuckles. “Jinjin hyung said you were not, you already left. I didn’t see you but I can feel you were there.”

 

Yes, I was there.

 

Eunwoo wants to answer. But he can’t find in him to say the words. Because Minhyuk will ask why he still go if he saw him burned himself. Minhyuk was hurt and Eunwoo dare to left him without making sure he was okay.

 

Why did he left?

 

Eunwoo wasn’t sure.

 

But…

 

The picture of Jinwoo fussing after Minhyuk and holding the younger’s hand under the tap water to clean the burn flashes before his eyes.

 

Eunwoo unconsciously balled his fist.

 

No. He know why.

 

But. Wait.

 

Eunwoo shakes his head.

 

This is not the time to be jealous.

 

Minhyuk was hurt and Jinwoo was there first. As a leader, of course Jinwoo would nurse him as fast as his slowpoke self can be. Eunwoo should announce himself and went to Minhyuk’s side to check on him if he didn’t burn with envy.

 

Eunwoo shakes his head again and healed a breath. “Rocky-ah, I’m sorry for leaving, I’m sorry for breaking my promise, I’m sorry for not choosing you. I am really sorry, Rocky-ah.”

 

Silence.

 

“I will make up to you. I promise, and I won’t break them again this time. You can trust me,” he plead.

 

Minhyuk keep his quiet but Eunwoo can hear the smiles on the other’s face. He smiles too, hoping and relief that he can at least soften the younger.

 

“Where are you? I will go pick you up,” Eunwoo says.

 

“Huh?”

 

Eunwoo lowered his back to lie down on the bed. “You didn’t drive the other day, right, because Taeyoon hyung sent you to Jinju?”

 

“Ah…yeah…”

 

“So how will you come back to the dorm? Will your parents drive you?”

 

“Uh…I don’t think so…” he replies uncertainty.

 

The elder smiles turn bigger. Great. It’s easier for him.

 

“Where are you? Which beach are you at? I will pick you up tomorrow,”

 

“You want to pick me up?” Minhyuk’s voice sound surprise at the other side.

 

Eunwoo nods his head. “Yeah. I will pick you up. Let’s spend some time together before we go back to the dorm. We can take a walk at the beach, eat lunch, going shopping. Ah, we can fly a kite too.”

 

Minhyuk is smiling and his heart fluttering, and he might be blushing too. Eunwoo was sure of it. Whenever he gives his interest on Minhyuk, the butterfly in his stomach will fly and his heart will raced.

 

“That’s so nice of you, hyung. But you don’t have to,” Minhyuk replies.

 

“No, I want to. I want to see you. Group promotion had ended and we will be busy with individual schedules so it would be hard to see you after this. I want to spend times with you whenever I can,” Eunwoo says as sincerely as he hope to reach Minhyuk.

 

Silence.

 

The sea breeze blow loudly, it will be hard for Eunwoo to hear, so it might be the reason why Minhyuk take a longer time to answer. Even though he himself just coming back from Jeju, having his fair share of sea breeze live, listening to it from over the phone with Minhyuk’s calm and steady breath gives him some sort of comfort. And Eunwoo loves every bit of it.

 

“Eunwoo hyung,” Minhyuk calls after long.

 

“Hurm?”

 

“I love you.”

 

Ba-dump.

 

“What…?” Eunwoo chuckles.

 

“You like Sanha more because he is your favourite dongsaeng. You like Bin hyung more because he is your best friend. You like Jinjin hyung more because he is the nicest hyung. You like MJ hyung more because he is your son,”

 

“Rocky-ah, I like you too,” Eunwoo quickly says. “I like you the same as I like the other members.”

 

He didn’t know why his heart hurt by his own words.

 

Was it a lie?

 

Did he like Minhyuk just the same as other Astro members?

 

My son, best hyung, best friend, favourite dongsaeng. Each member of Astro has their special spot in his heart. Of course. Minhyuk has his spot too. But…what is Minhyuk’s place? What should he named him?

 

My natural enemy? 

 

It looks innocent and sounds funny. But natural enemy are nothing special. It just means they like to make fun and bickering with each other. Nothing unique. Not as special as the others. He can’t call Minhyuk his favourite dongsaeng since that place was for Sanha. It will betray Sanha and he won’t lie, the youngest is his favourite after all.

 

Eunwoo palmed his face.

 

Idiot. Of course Rocky would be upset. He is just a year older than Sanha. He had to be a hyung to Sanha but why can’t he be a dongsaeng to you too? Why can’t he be your favourite dongsaeng? Just put Sanha as your favourite maknae.

 

Problem solved.

 

Was it?

 

“Hyung…”

 

Eunwoo lowered his hand to his side and cleared his throat, a sign he is still there.

 

“Don’t be too hard on yourself. It’s okay. I can’t force you to like me. After all, I am your natural enemy.”

 

Ba-dump.

 

“Rocky-ah…”

 

He is. But why the words stab him in the heart hurt more when Minhyuk said it himself?

 

Minhyuk give a low chuckle, then a sniff. “Eunwoo hyung, even though you don’t like me, just remember I really like you. I love you, Eunwoo hyung.”

 

-------------

 

Minhyuk lowered his handphone to his side, touch the red phone icon on the screen, and let his tears falls freely on his cheeks.

 

The heavy feeling on his shoulder had lift but his heart hurt so much.

 

I’m sorry, Eunwoo hyung.

 

He is afraid Eunwoo would blamed himself when the news reaches them. It was the last thing he wanted but he can’t help it. Listening to Eunwoo’s soft melodious voice over the phone, it was as if the handsome face of the elder was in front of him. And he said it without thinking.

 

A hand touch his shoulder and squeeze them softly. “Hyung…”

 

Minhyuk say nothing. He can’t stop his tears. He can’t stop his crying. He let himself, a reliable and strong rock to break down in front of his little brother.

 

Janggeun wrap one of his arm around Minhyuk’s shoulder and the other hand rubs Minhyuk’s arm to sooth him. Minhyuk burried his face in his hand, letting his tears pooled in his palm. He feels sorry for Janggeun. He will be sad if he knows. He loves him. But Janggeun’s arms are not the same as s.

 

Because the only thing Minhyuk want, and need right now, are s, the Astro members he promise and swore to be together forever as they reach their dreams as the star in the sky.

 

------------

 

“What are you doing after this? A new drama?” Donghwi asks as he watch Eunwoo put his bag in his car boot.

 

“Don’t know,” he replies truthfully.

 

“You don’t have to keep it a secret, you know.” The younger pouts. “It’s not like I will tell other people.”

 

Eunwoo laughs. He turns around to face his little brother. “I really don’t know. They didn’t say anything. Maybe they are still choosing.”

 

Donghwi hummed, in between believing and not believing his idol brother. He watch as Eunwoo fish for his handphone, swiping the screen, touching here and there. And a sigh escaped his lips.

 

“What’s wrong?”

 

Eunwoo closed the messaging apps and put the handphone in his pocket. “Jinjin hyung ask when we will come back tomorrow,”

 

“Uhuh?” Donghwi tilted his head. The simple question was not worth a sigh, was there?

 

The message came not long after the call with Minhyuk ended. Eunwoo was still in daze from Minhyuk’s confession, if he can call it so. The ding save him from his blankness. Since the device still in his hand, Eunwoo was the first to reply.

 

He types in the group chat that he will return to his house from his parents’ house tonight. He plans to go pick Minhyuk tomorrow and spend some time with him, and he promise their leader they will be back before ten in the evening.

 

He waits for a few minutes to check. Minhyuk didn’t read his message, and Jinwoo’s message too he guess. He must has discard his handphone somewhere and enjoying the sea breeze, or going crazy by his own confession. Myungjun’s message come not long after. The eldest will start moving after breakfast, at ten at the latest and demand Jinwoo to have lunch ready when he arrive. Sanha reply the message late at the evening. His family will send him to the dorm after lunch tomorrow. Moonbin was the last to answer, when Eunwoo just finish the last dinner with his family and preparing his leave. Moonbin will send coffee truck to Billie’s schedule, stay for a short while to take pictures with Sua and watch them. He didn’t give an exact time but he promise to be at the dorm before the sundown.

 

And that was the last message in the group chat. Without Minhyuk’s answer to their leader’s question, or to response to Eunwoo’s plan. The visual sent a private message, asking Minhyuk which beach he is or to send him a location so he can drive there early in the morning. If he reach there early, there would be enough time to play before they head back. But just like all of his and their messages all this break, Minhyuk didn’t read any of them.

 

“Did you call him?” Eunwoo asks his younger brother.

 

Donghwi shakes his head. “He didn’t pick up my call. I text him after you were done, if he was free to talk. He didn’t reply me until now.”

 

Eunwoo sighs. “So that call was the first and last contact he did. I wonder what’s wrong with Rocky. I’m worried,”

 

“Today is your last day of break, right? Must be chingu want to spend the last day with his family. He lives far anyway. Not like you. You can come any time you want,” Donghwi tries to reason.

 

He sighs again. “I guess. I just hope he is okay. I’m worried.”

 

Donghwi pats Eunwoo’s shoulder. “He will be fine. Chingu is a rock, right? He will stand firm and strong.”

 

Eunwoo smiles. Donghwi’s words surprisingly didn’t make him feel better at all. If anything, it makes him more worried.

 

------------

 

His original plan was going to his house, sleep for the night, and going out in the morning to wherever place Minhyuk is at. But when he wakes up on Sunday, the last day of the one week break, he concluded the plans had to forfeit. His messages still went unread, the group chat still had Moonbin’s as the last sender. He calls Minhyuk but the younger didn’t pick up.

 

He understand if Minhyuk wants to spend the last of the minutes with his family. But he can’t help the uneasiness in his chest. Why can’t Minhyuk tell him so? At least reply to Jinwoo’s question. He was silent all week and keep them in the dark. Even if he is still upset with them, was it right to punish them with zero news?

 

Jinwoo was right. Something was bothering Minhyuk.

 

But Eunwoo can’t pinpoint what. Except maybe he himself was the cause. He had been neglecting the younger and hurt him unconditionally. They always retell the same jokes, and Minhyuk always received them with all smiles and laughs. Who knows the jokes had reach his final breaking point and he thought it’s enough and he needs to tell Eunwoo to stop.

 

It sounds innocent but for Minhyuk, it also means Eunwoo really hates him.

 

 

To: Rocky

From: Eunwoo hyung

 

I guess you want to stay with your family for the last day today. I’m sorry if I sound pushy. I will be at the dorm and wait for you to come back. Perhaps we can eat dinner together? Hopefully we can spend some time together before both of us are busy with new schedules. Rocky-ah, hyung miss you. Come back soon, okay?

 

 

Eunwoo hit the send icon on his screen when Jinwoo paddled to the living room.

 

“Rocky?” he asks.

 

“Yeah.” Eunwoo put his handphone on his laps as the leader sit beside him on the couch. “I hope he read them this time.”

 

Jinwoo sighs. “I keep messaging him when he didn’t answer me in the group chat. It left unread. He didn’t pick up my calls either.”

 

Eunwoo lean his head on the headrest.

 

“Truthfully, I was worried when you said you were going to pick him up.” Jinwoo added, Eunwoo lift his head to look at the leader. “I’m worried, and happy at the same time. Will it be okay? Will it work? Then I thought, since it was you, and Rocky likes you so much, it will be fine,”

 

“Why do you think so, hyung?”

 

“Remember when I said I believe something had been bothering Rocky?”

 

“Yeah…I remember.” Eunwoo nods slowly.

 

“After you and Sanha left, I stay with Rocky. We ate ramyun for breakfast. I talked to him, I asked him. He can tell me if he had something in his mind.”

 

Eunwoo gulp his saliva. “Did he say anything?”

 

Jinwoo shakes his head. “He said nothing. He assures me he was fine.” Then he sighs. “I know he was anything but fine. But he refused to tell me,”

 

“Hyung…” Eunwoo can’t shake the heaviness in his chest. “Do you think he will be okay?”

 

Jinwoo looks at the visual in the eyes. “I don’t know, Eunwoo-ah,”

 

“Hyung, we need to talk, all of us, about Rocky.”

 

Jinwoo didn’t know what kind of talk the other propose but he too believe they really need to have a group meeting. Last week, he caught Eunwoo and Sanha at the door before they step out, but they also gone a few minutes later. He didn’t get to see Myungjun and Moonbin, and he thought they needed a harsh scolding. How could they left when they make a promise just the night before to stay to eat brunch? How could they didn’t see that Minhyuk really want to eat together before they parted ways?

 

What kind of a hyung and best friend they are?

 

“Kids, I’m home. Jin-ah, are you here?” A voice of the loud Myungjun boomed at the entrance, announcing his arrival. 

 

“He’s here,” Eunwoo whispers.

 

Jinwoo smiles plainly. “I need to feed him first before I scold him.” He looks at Eunwoo. “At what time Bin will be here?”

 

Eunwoo peek at his watch. “Before sundown,”

 

“And Sanha?”

 

“After lunch,”

 

“Those kids…hope I can scold everyone before Rocky arrive, and that includes you, mister.”

 

-----------

 

There was no scolding to take place in Astro’s dorm. Myungjun demand food as soon as he steps foot in the house. After they ate their lunch, Sanha arrived and his parents stay for an hour to say hello and thanking hyungs for taking care of him. Moonbin was home not long after Sanha’s parents left. They clean, eat their dinner and talk, mostly about the things they did all break.

 

They mention Minhyuk.

 

Of course. They still remember their second youngest. They were not that cruel to forget about him.

 

They talk about how quiet he is and not responding to their calls and messages. Each one of them share the concern and hope everything would be fine. Seeing the genuine worry in their eyes, Jinwoo didn’t had the heart to scold them.

 

But they do have to talk about this.

 

Later.

 

Someday.

 

Except…

 

It will all be too late.

 

Astro human alarm, Cha Eunwoo was the first to wake up in the Monday morning. He grabs his handphone to read incoming messages. He, or they, had one unread message in Astro group chat. From the one and only Park Minhyuk.

 

 

Rocky

 

Myungjun hyung

Jinwoo hyung

Dongmin hyung

Bin hyung

Sanha

 

To my beloved Astro and Aroha, I love you all. I’m sorry…

 

 

Eunwoo jump from his bed, open his bedroom door harshly and runs to Minhyuk’s room. He opens the door and freeze.

 

“What’s wrong, hyung?” Sanha asks as he rubs the sleepiness from his eyes. He was awaken by Eunwoo’s loud footsteps.

 

He stops behind the elder and peek over his shoulder, and scream to wake the remaining members. Myungjun was the first to reach them, grumbling that it was too early to be so loud. But he can’t help to shout himself as soon as he gets to the room, urging Jinwoo to come quickly. Moonbin was the last to arrive, he was awaken rudely by the shock in front of him.

 

The suppose to be Minhyuk’s room was cleaned from any of his personal belongings. The clothes, the books, the family photos, Astro photos, Astro posters and Rocky poster on the wall, the stuffed toys, the gifts from fans, the gifts from fellow idols and artist. All gone. Only the bare bed, the empty wardrobe, bookrack, dresser are left in the room, as if no one had reside in it for a long time.

 

Eunwoo’s eyes caught something on top of the bed, he paddled inside the room, slowly, one foot after another.


Cold.

 

The tiled floor was too cold.

 

He gulp his saliva. Reaching the bed, he pick up that something, the only thing Minhyuk had left behind.

 

“CD?” Myungjun whispers behind his back.

 

When was he, and the other Astro members follow after him, Eunwoo didn’t know.

 

“Hyung, what is this? Where Rocky hyung? Why it’s all empty?” Sanha cries, pulling Jinwoo’s arm.

 

“I…” Jinwoo was shaking with fear. “I don’t know, Sanha…”

 

Was it too late? If anyone out of five of them open Minhyuk’s bedroom door yesterday, just checking if Minhyuk already home and planning to hide from them, they would know. If they saw the empty bedroom before the message sent, Minhyuk might still come back.

 

Will he?

 

Was his plead to eat dinner together on the last day, his silent from their messages and calls, the last call with Eunwoo, the empty bedroom and the lonely CD, was it all just because he was upset with them?

 

Park Minhyuk was not as fragile as this.

 

Does he?