Chapter I

Divine: The Protector
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Morning is never a Jessica Jung thing. She despised morning with passion and would never understand how there were people who actually like it. One of those people is Seohyun. Again, Jessica doesn’t understand how she can like that time of the day when she can sleep later than she usually does. That is why she is sulking in her seat by the dining table. Seohyun purposefully summoned her magic to wake her up hence why she is in a very bad mood. Her sister, Krystal Jung Soojung, is also in the same state as hers, except she has Seohyun pampered her with all her affection. Yeah, Jessica is jealous.

 

“Hyun, what time does our class end?” The blonde asks as she eats the breakfast Seohyun has prepared. Toast with sunny side egg, two slices of bacon, and baked beans. Not exactly her favorite, but that will do for now as none of them can cook decent food. The last time they did, they almost burned the whole Jung’s mansion down.

 

Seohyun took a seat next to her pouting girlfriend and Jessica tries really hard not to vomit rainbows at the cuteness the couple emit in front of her salad. She secretly smiles, but masks it by sipping her expensive premium English breakfast tea, it’s not that expensive, but the cup is.

 

“Our class starts at 9 and ends at noon.” Jessica raises her brow at the answer. This is the first time for her to have a class that ends early. Don’t get her wrong. She loves leaving early, but this is weird. Even if it’s magic school, leaving early is still confusing. “But every new student is required to come one hour earlier so we could be sorted into our class.” This has Jessica sighing loudly. Not only does she need to wake up earlier, but she also needs to go to school earlier too. She hates this. Why can’t she just attend an ordinary university like the non-Divines out there? People can’t even tell whether she’s a divine or not.

 

Jessica just sighs as she continues eating. Her social battery is not ready for any activities and most definitely is not ready for school interaction. While putting a forkful of her breakfast in , a thought suddenly crosses her mind. ‘It’s going to be a long day.’ She thinks as she sighs one more time.

 

 

The whole SM School of Magic goes into a state of panic when someone spreads the news of there are going to be new students from Busan. It’s normal for them to be excited, thrilled even. SM School of Magic is known for being very strict with its program of selecting new students. And when they do accept students, it’s not going to be many. Some will say that the number of new students every year can be counted by fingers.

 

And it is the truth.

 

Every year, SM School of Magic would only accept approximately 15 students at most and this doesn’t happen often. There was a year when they didn’t accept any. It just shows how strict they are when it comes to the students that will continue their studies there. And not to mention that this school is also the school that produces the greatest Divines throughout the centuries. It’s only obvious to say that they are the best out of the best.

 

And with the same reason stated above, it’s no wonder why the students are very excited and thrilled to see who these lucky new students are. The same goes for the seven students who are staying in the classroom that is reserved only for them. Even though they have not come out of the room, they can tell how chaotic it is outside the four walls. They can tell because the seven of them feel the same thing. A strong magical power that can only belong to the divines who have ancient blood running in their veins.

 

“Three of the four houses are already here. Does this mean that the last family is finally here?” asks a girl with a petite frame. Hair long and sleek with the prominent silver hair dye. The face shows child-like features that have people mistaken from time to time. Her body is smaller compared to the others, but her aura screams power and authority.

 

A tanned skin girl who is sitting by the window frame shows her agreement with a nod to what the silver head asked a few seconds ago. Her silky and straight dark brown hair is gently blown by the wind that comes through the small gap in the opened window. Her eyes sharpen as she looks at the crowded outdoor basketball court and the quiet garden next to the court. Not many can enter the garden as it’s the sanctuary for the seven girls. The heir of the house of Hwang has put up an invisible barrier around the perimeter and only the seven can enter, making them easily resented. Not that they mind it, in fact, it makes it clear that they’re not on the same level as the other.

 

“But don’t you find it weird that the power is so strong that we can already feel it when the owner is not even here?” A raven who has been sitting on her seat looking at her newly polished nail with pink manicure finally looks up and opens to say something. She has listened to her friends and finally lets out the thing that has been bothering her since they started to talk about the last of the four families who will finally join them.

 

The other occupants of the room are silent because they don’t know what to say because it’s not their place to utter their opinion despite having the same source of power as the heir of the four families. At least until the shortest between the seven decides to say something that breaks the silence.

 

“We will know sooner or later, Taeyeon, Yuri, Tiffany.”

 

And that signs the end of the conversation as they start to go back to their respective seat. The bell has rung and it’s time to start the class.

 

 

Jessica doesn’t like the fact that she’s going back to school for another additional three years. She doesn’t know what’s gotten to her parents’ heads that they are doing this to her. they obviously know the burning passion of her hatred for school in general. Whether it’s the non-divines’ school or the school for Divines. She’s also different from her sister and girlfriend, who enjoy spending time together in school. she doesn’t even understand where the romantic pa

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter