Chapter II

Divine: The Protector
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Okay, class. This year we are going to have two new students from Busan. Please introduce yourself, ladies.”

 

Krystal rolled her eyes when she heard that introduction and saw that creepy smile from the male homeroom teacher. To think that she will enter a class with only seven people as the occupants, isn’t that too little to be called a class? And, does she even fit to be in the same class with these intimidating people? But either way, she takes a step forward and puts on her usual poker face to hide her real emotion behind.

 

“My name is Krystal Jung Soojung. People call me Krystal or Krys for short. It’s up to you what you want to call me as long as you don’t call me my Korean name. Only my girlfriend and my sister are allowed to do so.” And with that, she ends her short but straight-to-the-point speech. Seohyun who is in the same class as Krystal only chuckles when she heard the girl. She’s funny without even trying.

 

Seohyun takes a step forward after Krystal returns to her position and begins to introduce herself.

 

“My name is Seo Joohyun or Seohyun for short. I’m the representative person for the house of Jung. And the girl behind is my girlfriend if there’s anyone wondering.” This is the first time for Seohyun to be this bold. She has never even told everyone about her relationship with the lastborn of the Jung. Back then, she would only smile shyly and now, she’s braver and more forward and Krystal can’t be happier.

 

The other seven occupants are looking at them with a smile on their faces. They know that these new students are the last family to join. And with the families reunited, they’re complete and they’re stronger than ever. But there’s something, or rather, someone is missing. The source of this crazily strong magic power.

 

“There’s someone missing.” Says the silver head pointedly.

 

Krystal and Seohyun didn’t give any answers, but the others know that there was something about the last one. The homeroom teacher for once being the useful man he is takes the chance to answer the invisible question mark above their head. “Miss Jung is currently in the headmaster’s office to talk about something important.” And when he finishes that, the class door is suddenly opened which scares the hell out of everyone.

 

“Why is everyone surprised I’m here?” Turns out, it’s the headmaster who enters the class.

 

The homeroom teacher lets Krystal and Seohyun choose their own seat as there are many available. The headmaster laughs looking at how tense the class suddenly has become after his appearance. “Fret not, ladies. I’m only here to inform you that from now on, you are going to have a joint class with a special student.” The headmaster announces and the silver head feels that something doesn’t add up. And thankfully, Krystal beats her first.

 

“What about my sister, headmaster?” The girl sounds confused when she asked the headmaster.

 

The older man only smiles and puts his hands behind him. “Miss Jung is currently undergoing some processes that might or not require her to join a special class by herself.” He explains and Krystal along with Seohyun feels their heart drop after the headmaster’s explanation.

 

Seohyun is about to retaliate but the slam on the table from behind makes her hide the urge to do so because it’s simply scary. The air in the room seems to thicken suddenly. She can see that the silver head has her golden aura swirling around her, she would take it as a bad sign if it were not for her realization that this class is for the four ancient families. If the silver head girl doesn’t make it clear, then the raven behind her and the dark brown-haired girl next to her must also release their own aura.

 

“You promised us that you’ll let us meet her once she returns!” The raven exclaims with a low growl rumble through . ‘Oh no.’ Everyone thinks. The raven’s aura is slowly morphing into her protector’s form. It just shows how much this affects her. But why would it?

 

Seohyun swears she sees red is starting to take over the girl’s black irises. It’s bad, like, really bad. Crimson Pegasus of the house of Hwang is known to be the hardest protector to control its power. And the fact that the transformation of the protector is almost complete, Seohyun can tell that this girl has the exact same portrait as the protector. Someone needs to stop her.

 

Krystal faintly remembers about what her parents have told her about the ability of the four families’ protectors when she feels light-headed and her silverish aura forms around her and flies straight to Tiffany and confines her like a chain would do and the transformation stops. Slowly, the aura slowly disperses and the raven is now back seated on her own chair. Her breath is heavy as if she’s been running for hours with a slight sheen layer of sweat on her forehead.

 

The silver head immediately rushes over to the girl’s seat to check on her. The others stay rooted in their own seat, afraid to do anything that might anger the silver head. After all, they know just how much she loves the raven, it’s just the raven never realizes it.

 

Seohyun can’t stay silent when she sees Krystal is second away from fainting. She knows that it always happens when she involuntarily uses her power. Without thinking twice, Seohyun immediately freeze the whole room for Krystal to recover faster, after all, the real affinity of the silver dragon is ice but it just happens that they got both ice and fire as their power. The temperature lowered and the

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter