Chapter III

Divine: The Protector
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

It has been two weeks since Jessica, Seohyun, and Krystal officially moved in to Seoul and it also has been two boring weeks since the school started. Well, obviously, it’s only Jessica who felt like that because Seohyun and her little sister are in the same class while she’s in a class that’s reserved for special students only. Jessica wanted to laugh at that when she heard that, because she knew how rare those special students are in this school. She has tried to ask the headmaster to put her in the same class as the others, but he refused. And when she tried to ask for the reasons, what she got in return is only vague answers. When she knew that she wouldn’t get any valid reasoning, she stopped and tried to find out the reason by herself. And she might as well adapt to the school life while she can.

So far, she’s doing really well in the classes that don’t require her using her magical power since she rendered it useless as it’s currently sealed. And since she couldn’t use it, it leaves her only with physical combat to choose and now, this is where the fun part comes into the scene.

With her inability to use magic, physical combat becomes the only thing that she focuses on during her classes. She might not look like it, but in the house of the Jung, Jessica is the only one who can defeat 30 armed and grown-up Divines with only a staff made of bamboo by herself. Even the current heads of the house of Jung which can only mean her parents, had a hard time facing her together. And it has become a pride to the firstborn of the Jung. Because, apparently, she’s not completely useless.

According to her schedule for the day, she has a physical training along with close range combat training, hence, her prepared self, starts as early as she can because the teacher, or should she call as instructor? is strict as hell despite her doing well in the said class.

She’s now in her loose grey t-shirt and white sweat pants as she ties her golden locks into a high ponytail and starts warming up immediately. She’s too focused in what she’s doing that she doesn’t sense other presences inside the room.

“Miss Jung?”

She turns around when she hears her name is called and someone clearing their throat.

When she turns, she finds herself being stared down by ten pairs of eyes, three of them being her instructor’s, Krystal’s, and Seohyun’s. Jessica wants to laugh loudly at the absurdity of her situation now.

“Mr. Yang, I might sound rude to say this in front of them, but what are they doing in my class?” She asks, not caring if she offends the rest of standing students.

Well, she can easily tell that they’re actually offended though, except for Seohyun and Krystal who know her. They just shake their head and roll their eyes at her to show their disapproval. Jessica doesn’t really care about it, but it’s fun to observe their reactions.

For some reasons, Jessica really finds it amusing that the other seven students there have very different reactions. The raven who stands the closest to her sister and her girlfriend stares at her boringly, but speckles of red starts her face. ‘Oh. The heiress of the house of Hwang.’ Jessica nods her head. And then there’s this doe-eyed girl standing next to the raven, her eyes are switching back and forth from black to red and Jessica sighs, she must be an Im, the aid of the house of Hwang from that color.

Jessica was in the middle of her thinking session when the dark brown-haired girl on the right end speaks up with a tone that can easily annoys her.

“For your information, this is not only your class. It’s a joint class. And do you seriously think that we want to be here?” Jessica raises her brows when she hears that. Something inside her is provoked from the way that girl speaks to her.

Jessica might not show it on her face but everyone can definitely tell that the girl is anything but seething inside. The blonde’s mind flies back to the memory where Krystal told her that she and Seohyun were attacked by a black lightning from the girl. Apparently, the reason behind the attack was because of the sudden freezing that Seohyun did to save her girlfriend whose power was involuntarily triggered. They should be grateful, really. But it looks like they lacked some common sense. Fine, Jessica will show them how it feels.

Despite them coming from the four ancient families, she will not hold anything back. Just like how this dark brown-haired girl dared to attack her sisters. Related or not, they need to pay.

“Sorry to burst your bubbles, heiress of the house of Kwon. I’m here to tell you that you’re free to leave this room if you want. This is MY class, not yours. And with that said, you’re not welcome here.” Mr. Yang is about to scold Jessica for being thoughtless and rude, but the look on the blonde’s face is frightening. A feral smirk is plastered and eyes unwavering. “Besides, you’ve made a mistake by doing something wrong to my sisters two weeks ago. And now, you’re just purely annoying to me.” Whatever Jessica says cannot be comprehended by the dark brown-haired girl as she’s now triggered by how the blonde looks at her.

Ignoring the whispers of her friends in attempt to calm her, Yuri lunges toward the blonde with flash steps. Not one to back out, Jessica meets Yuri in the middle and the clash between the two heiresses cannot be avoided. There are three reasons why no one wants to interfere the clash between the two. One, no one could really match Yuri when it comes to physical training and close-range combat like this, so the students from the other class can only hold their breath in anticipation. Two, Jessica is finally having fun, so why should she let the others to stop her? Three, the bloodlust in their veins is finally waking up and decide to go all out. It shouldn’t be that hard.

Seohyun and Krystal can only watch with hopeful eyes that Jessica doesn’t do anything stupid that can hurt her. The older girl isn’t one to choose any rash decision like this. No matter how strong Divines are, fighting hand to hand with Jessica is purely asking for death itself. They know because they’ve seen how Jessica didn’t hesitate when she fought. She doesn’t hold back, that’s why it’s scary.

The fight is still going on. Yuri is now kneeling on one knee while panting and wiping her sweat away. No matter how fast a

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter