Prologue

Divine: The Protector
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“…and that is all for today. I’m glad that we’re able to make it in time for school tomorrow.” A tall brunette with fluffy cheeks said as she wiped off the beads of sweat that began to form on her forehead as she moved around the huge space of the apartment she is going to stay permanently with boxes in her hands. She along with her girlfriend and her girlfriend’s older sister have recently moved in to Seoul from Busan to continue their study.

 

When the brunette looked around, she knitted her brows when she realized that her two other companions were not there tidying their stuffs and left their things on the floor instead, it was as if they were waiting for her to bring those things to their respective room, which she would not do. They were not that lazy but she could not help but to feel suspicious.

 

Sighing to herself, the brunette walked to the direction where the other rooms were located. Since they were living in the heart of the city, it was not that hard to find a nice apartment for three and well, let’s say that it was not exactly cheap. But being the daughter of wealthy people definitely helped a lot. They didn’t need to think about of their financial status and the only thing they needed to do is to focus on their study. That was the only requirement that their respective parents wanted them to do.

 

The brunette was now face to face with the white oak door of the oldest girl’s room. Gently knocking the door thrice, she opened the door after making her presence known to the older girl. The brunette frowned upon the sight in front of her.

 

There laid on the king-sized bed, was a beautiful girl with blonde tresses sprawled all over the pillow and one hand clutching hard the sheet under her body. She might be sleeping but anyone could tell that she was not having the nicest sleep she could ever get at that moment. The blonde was sweating a lot and breathing heavily, brows furrowed together, and lips murmuring incoherent things that the brunette didn’t understand.

 

She didn’t know what happen but this was not the first time for it to happen to the older blonde and it worried the brunette. Not wanting to prolong the girl’s discomfort or nightmare or whatever the girl was dreaming, she went closer to the bed and placed her palm on the girl’s forehead. She closed her eyes for a few seconds and her palm emitted a light blue glow and enveloped the blonde’s body which effectively calmed the girl. Her breathing gradually slowed down before returning to the normal breathing pace, the brows were no longer furrowed, she also stopped sweating and the brunette took as the cue to remove her hand.

 

It didn’t take a long time for the blonde to make a slight movement and opened her eyes slowly. Her eyes slowly adjusted with the darkness of the room. And when she did, her eyes met with the brunette’s who was standing next to her bed. “Seohyun?” She called; voice hoarse from sleep.

 

“It’s me, unnie.” The brunette, Seo Joohyun, or better known as Seohyun, is the daughter of Seo Hyojun, a prosecutor who worked for Seoul Central Court after moving from Busan three years ago.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter