Lunchbox from Jungwoo

Spring, Love & Cherry Blossoms
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

[ Junhee's POV ]

My classmates have made plans to have lunch together. I was invited and I got very excited about it so I woke up early to prepare my lunchbox but when I opened the fridge, it was empty. I paused for a moment and looked for some canned goods or anything that I could bring for lunch but nothing was there. Only packs of coffee and an almost empty jar of sugar. I sighed, finally giving up.

I went to my dad's room to tell him that we didn't have food and my siblings won't have any food to bring for lunch later. My dad just sighed, I knew he didn't want to answer.

I went to school with an empty stomach. I still have money left from my allowance last week so I was able to buy a pack of biscuits and a warm drink for breakfast at the convenience store, but that was it. I will be walking home later.

"Good morning." Doyoung greeted me as he walked into the classroom. When he reached his seat, he turned to greet me as well. "Jun, good morning."

"Good morning," I greeted him back.

Then his arrival was followed by Jungwoo who greeted everyone in the room with his energy. Jungwoo was sitting behind me so he walked between me and Doyoung to reach his seat.

"Good morning, Junhee," He greeted me with a cute tone. "I have something for you." He said and went to pull a lunch bag from his backpack. "Here!"

"Whoa," Doyoung's eyes widened. "What about me?"

Jungwoo stopped and turned to him with a poker face. "Is your name Kwon Junhee?"

"No?" Doyoung answered.

"Then, I didn't make anything for you." He replied with a huge amount of sass as he got up from his seat and placed it on my table.

"Eh? Are you sure?" I asked as I could tell that the lunch bag was well prepared. It was still very warm and the smell of the food lingered in the bag.

"I am sure." Jungwoo winked.

"Thank you, Jungwoo," I told him. How can I express my thanks to more to him? I feel so happy and embarrassed. If only he knew that I was having a problem with lunch.

"Tsk. Tsk." Doyoung chuckled. "But it's nice that you guys are prepared for our class lunch party later."

"Sure, I am!" Jungwoo nodded cheerfully.

I just gave him a nod since I was still feeling flustered with the lunch bag.

Before I went to school, my dad told me to meet him at the gate to get my lunch or lunch money. When the school bell rang, I got up and headed to the door.

"Junhee, where are you going?" Doyoung asked. "Aren't you going to prepare lunch?"

"I- I just gotta meet my dad at the gate. I'll be quick." I told him and was about to leave when he grabbed my hand. "Sorry but I'm in a hurry.."

"Let's go there together. I am on my way there too." He smiled and I just nodded. Doyoung then walked past me and

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter