Gym Mishaps!

Spring, Love & Cherry Blossoms
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

[ Junhee's POV ]

I stood by the gym's entrance as I watched my classmates running around getting all warmed up for PE class. I always hated PE class but I have to do it because just like the teacher said, it is good for our health.

"Oh, Junhee, aren't you coming?" Seolri, one of my classmates was walking with Doyoung asked me. I straightened my back and started to panic. I always feel intimidated by her. Seolri is a pretty girl and smart too. She's almost friends with everyone in the class. Not to mention, she is pretty close to Doyoung too, knowing that they were elected as the class president and vice president.

"I am, I'm just waiting for uhm... I mean, I am going to the restroom." I explained and frantically headed the opposite way but accidentally bumped into Hana. I bounced back and almost fell to the floor.

"Watch where you're going, loser." Hana snitched as she looked at me angrily.

"Hana, you don't really have to be so mean," Seolri calmly spoke.

"I don't care. She's weird enough to be an eyesore," Hana added. I stepped aside and avoided her gaze before she walked inside the gym.

Right, I completely forgot about Hana.

"Are you okay?" Doyoung came to me and checked. He was about to put his hand on my shoulder but I immediately moved away.

"I'm fine. Don't mind me," I said and started running to the restroom. I ran past Jungwoo who was with his friends. We caught each other's eyes but I chose to ignore him. I got into one of the cubicles, closed the toilet lid, and sat on it. I took time to regain my composure. I took a couple of deep breaths but my hands continued to tremble, so I just hugged myself and tried to clear out my thoughts.

The school bell rang so I had to go back to the gym. When I arrived, everyone was already separated into groups. I ran behind the first group going to the teacher. He then gave me to the group sitting on the benches. It was Seolri's group.

"Hi!" Seolri waved her hand at me and moved to give me space on the bench. I took the space next to her while muttering thanks. "No problem. I actually asked the teacher to have you on my team,"

I was surprised that I turned to her eyes wide open.

"Are you alright? Hana must have startled you," She said while placing a hand on my shoulder. I immediately moved away. I couldn't help it. I never liked being touched by people randomly. "Oh, I'm sorry..."

"N-No, don't say sorry." I shook my head. "I couldn't help it. I just don't like people touching me.."

"I figured, but was there a reason?" She asked me. I paused and looked at her thinking that it was too personal for her to ask despite us not having a special relationship.

"Nothing, I just don't like it." I replied.

"I see, I hope we can be friends." She smiled, I just nodded. I don't really know how to respond to this positivity.

For our PE class, we were asked to follow the teacher's exercise routine for five minutes. Even though I hated exercising, I always walked from home going to the bus stop which was quite far to begin with. We started jogging in place and followed by doing jumping jacks. Two minutes have passed, but Seolri and the other girls in our group started to buff

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter