N°2 - "how about both yong and byul are so busy, and they finally find time to spend their weekend together after missing each other so much"

Moonsun One-Shots

Ah, , Byulyi mumbled under her breath as she walked into their bedroom, in the dark, having stumped her big toe against the frame of the bed where Yongsun was peacefully sleeping. No sign of Yongsun's sleep having been disturbed. Byulyi breathed a sigh of relief. She has to be up so early tomorrow, she'll kill me if I wake her up. 

Byulyi got into bed next to Yongsun and snuggled into her. At least, the good thing about my love language being physical touch is that Yong doesn't necessarily have to be awake for it, she thought as she enjoyed the feeling of Yongsun's skin against hers, the gentle rise and fall of her chest under her arm. Although, it would be nice to actually see her with her eyes open sometimes, was Byulyi's last thought before she drifted off to sleep. 

The next morning, when her alarm jerked her awake, Byulyi woke up to an empty bed. It was the same every morning, or at least it had been for the past few months - Yongsun's schedule begins early in the morning when Byulyi is still sleeping, Byulyi's ends late at night when Yongsun is already sleeping. She smushed her face into her girlfriend's pillow, breathing in the residual scent. Rise and shine!, she thought to herself, hearing Yongsun's voice in her mind, and chuckled. 

.

That can't be right. Yongsun's thumb came to a sudden stop and rested on the screen of her phone. Surely this is a mistake, she told herself before allowing even a tiny hint of hope into her thoughts. 

Since their solo activities had become more prevalent, the leader and the rapper had started sharing their schedules with each other on an online calendar. Yongsun especially derived comfort from it - from knowing exactly where Byulyi would be at any given moment, what she would be doing, who she'd be with, and imagining her girlfriend going about her day. Looking through the calendar had become a habit. Yongsun found herself checking it at least a couple of times a day - not because she expected anything to have changed on it, but in the same way she'd browse the catalog of online stores with no intention of buying anything, or scroll through a social media newsfeed when she felt just a little bit too lonely. 

But, right now, something had caught her attention. She quickly found the name she was looking for in the contacts of her phone, only half hoping her girlfriend would be able to pick up. 

"Hello?"

That was lucky.

"Byul-ah?"

"Hey, stranger. What's up? You alright?" Byulyi's voice was carried through the line. Yongsun could recognize a hint of worry. 

"All good," she rushed to reassure her girlfriend, "but, what are you doing on the 23rd?"

"Of August? I was supposed to go for a photoshoot, but they just told me today it got postponed. Why? I think I deleted the event on our calendar, but I didn't have time to -"

"Block it! Byul-ah, hurry up, block -"

"Oh my God, are you...?"

"Yes! I'm free on the 23rd! Block it now!"

"Someone's eager," Byulyi's teasing smile was evident in her tone. 

"Aish, don't tease me - please text your manager now, Byul-ah. I'll do the same. You know something else could come up at any time, and I miss you so much. Please."

Byulyi was moved by the sincerity and urgency in Yongsun's words. Her tone became serious. "Alright - give me a sec... done."

"Done?"

"Done. I miss you too."

"I have to go now - this has been the highlight of my day."

"Mine too."

"Love you."

"Lo -" but before Byulyi could finish the sentence, she heard someone call out Yongsun's name on the other end of the line, and the call got interrupted.

.

"Rise and shine!" Yongsun's face was only an inch away from Byulyi's, so close that when Byulyi opened her eyes she could barely make out her girlfriend's features. 

"Absolutely not," Byulyi groaned, trying to cover her face with a pillow and hitting Yongsun's head in the meanwhile. "You lie down and dim."

Yongsun rolled her eyes. "You think you're so funny".

"On the contrary," Byulyi said, her voice muffled by the pillow, "I'm dead serious. Get back here," her hand swayed at random, trying to grasp Yongsun so she could drag her on top of herself.

"But, Byul-ah, it's our first day together in ages!" Yongsun said avoiding Byulyi's arm, and did a little jump on the bed on her knees. She removed the pillow covering her girlfriend's face. "Come on!"

"Exactly, it's our first day together in ages and we're not gonna spend it running around like headless ducks. Lay down with me," Byulyi swayed her arm again. This time she was able to catch Yongsun's and she pulled until she felt the weight of Yongsun's body on top of her. 

"Fine," Yongsun said after a couple of seconds of silence. "This feels nice," she murmured, relaxing into Byulyi.

"Told ya." 

 


 

Author's note: Not much plot to this one-shot but it can be nice to write plotless things sometimes... hope you like the chapter, celstboch! Thank you for the prompt. More prompts welcome!