N°1 - "What about a jealous solar oneshot"

Moonsun One-Shots

5:10am. Standing in the bathroom. Yongsun yawned so hard that she heard a click in her own jaw. That's new, she thought. She yawned again, then again, lethargically working to insert a tampon. Waking up early to rehearse used to be so much easier. Just a couple of years ago, Yongsun would have been full of energy and ready to face the day even at ing 5am. Even on days like today - rehearsal, then fansign, then recording for a show. Now, all she wanted was to go back to bed - dragging Byulyi back to bed too in the process, of course - and binge watch Netflix in between naps. Sweating all day in a room full of mirrors, meeting a hundred people and then putting on a performance while on her period was the very last thing she wanted to do. Oh, how things change. 

She turned the sink faucet on and lathered her hands with soap. I better not tell Byul-ah I got my period today, she thought. She'd just fuss over me and not concentrate on rehearsal. Remember that one time when she set a timer for me to have a break every 45 minutes and made me sit down and eat a piece of jerky every time it went off? She was so sweet but it made me want to kill her, she smiled to herself, turning off the faucet and catching a glimpse of herself in the mirror as she dried her hands on a towel.

And then she saw it. Her smile disappeared in an instant. , , . 

-

1:15am. Slam. The car door almost hit Byulyi in the face. "Hey! Yong!" she yelled, opening it again to get out of the SUV that had taken them home after their last schedule of the day. "Yong!" Byulyi finally caught up with Yongsun, who had gotten out of the car without even saying goodbye to the staff driving them, and was now pacing angrily in the parking lot of their building.

"What is wrong with you? You almost hit me in the face when you slammed that car door!" Byulyi asked, exhasperated by her girlfriend's behavior. 

"Mmh, maybe you deserved that," Yongsun replied with a sarcastic smile that Byulyi could barely see before her girlfriend turned her head away and doubled down on her pace to reach their elevator. 

"What?!" Byulyi ran again to catch up, tears welling up in her eyes, exhausted after their 20 hour work day. "Yong, will you stop and talk to me?!" But Yongsun did not stop, and Byulyi gave up. She let her girlfriend ride the elevator to their loft alone, while she just stood in the parking lot for a good ten minutes, crying out of sheer exhaustion, worry, and the pain of being rejected by Yongsun.

1:30am. "Yong?" Byulyi called her girlfriend once again as she walked in the door of their shared apartment, in a weak, tired voice. No response. Byulyi looked in every room, dragging her feet, before she realized that her girlfriend must have been in the bathroom. "Yong?" she called out again, slowly opening the door and finding her girlfriend sitting on the toilet with a grimace on her face, angrily scrolling on her phone.

"Yong? Talk to me, please?" Byulyi asked timidly as she sat on the edge of the bathtub.

Yongsun didn't look up from her phone. "Talk to you? You didn't want to talk to me when you could. Why don't you go talk to that fan instead?" she blurted out in a high pitched tone.

"Huh?" was the only thing Byulyi could answer, too tired and shocked to put together anything more coherent.

"Spend the night with her, while you're at it. I bet she could show you a good time."

"Yong, what are you talking about?" Byulyi asked, her voice so full of sincerity that Yongsun could not ignore it, after seven years together, even if right now she felt so angry she wanted to hit Byulyi in the chest with the shower head. She took a deep breath.

"Don't pretend you don't know what I'm talking about! That Australian MooMoo."

"The Australian...? ... oh. OH." Byulyi suddenly realized what was going on in her partner's head. "The one I spent our break with?" she asked softly. "Yong, she was just -"

"She couldn't have been older than 20 and you flirted with her," Yongsun's tone became high pitched and frantic again.

"I didn't -" Byulyi started to yell back, trying to get herself to be heard.

"I was waiting for you in the break room! The staff had to tell me that you were still hanging out with her, I felt so humiliated -"

"YONG! She was -" Byulyi stood up and walked towards the toilet where her girlfriend was sitting, but wasn't allowed to finish her sentence.

"Aren't you ashamed of yourself?!"

"SHUT UP!" Byulyi uncerimoniously sat on top of her girlfriend, facing her, her legs on either side of Yongsun's, and kissed her. 

Yongsun kissed her back hard, so hard, biting her bottom lip so hard that Byulyi was afraid she would bleed. But, at least she wasn't screaming any longer. 

The kiss was deep, Yongsun's face in Byulyi's hands. Byulyi made sure to make it last until she could feel Yongsun physically relax under her, the tension in her abs and shoulders leaving her little by little. She finally interrupted the kiss with one last peck. "You. Need.To. Shut. Up," she said, squishing Yongsun's cheeks together rythmically. The gesture was so cute that neither of them could suppress a smile. 

"Please let me explain," Byulyi continued. "That MooMoo was telling me about her parents. They wouldn't  accept that she was gay and kicked her out of the house when she was just 16. She has been working her off to support herself since, and she was telling me how Mamamoo have been her only source of comfort and laughter since. Her story touched me so much, Yong, it could've been us in a different universe... that's why I hugged her for so long and spent our break with her. I didn't know you would mind. You usually don't," Byulyi said simply.

Yongsun felt very stupid. "You didn't, like, like her like her?" She said in a small voice. 

Byulyi rolled her eyes and hit Yongsun's shoulder playfully. "No, I didn't like her like her. I like you like you." 

"Even if she was so much younger and prettier?"

"Younger, sure - prettier, impossible," Byulyi gave her girlfriend one of her infamous greasy smiles.

"Aish," Yongsun sighed. "I'm sorry I got mad. I got my period today."

"Yeah, I just realized that," Byulyi said, turning around to glance at the open tampon wrapper lying on the sink. "Am I making you uncomfortable?" she asked, raising herself ever so slightly so that her weight wouldn't rest on Yongsun's legs. 

Yongsun pushed her girlfriend's shoulders back down. "Stay. I like the pressure. Plus, you're practically weightless." 

The couple spent a couple of minutes like that, holding each other and breathing each other's air, Byulyi's hands expertly working to relieve the knots in Yongsun's shoulders. 

"There's something else," Yongsun interrupted the silence.

"What is it, babe?" Byulyi continued with her massage until she felt Yongsun's hands on hers, stopping her movements. 

"Look at me," Yongsun said very seriously, and then suddenly produced an exaggerated, forced smile. 

Byulyi pretended to look at a non-existent camera in their bathroom. "Aaaaand, ladies and gentlemen, after a 20 hour work day, Mamamoo's leader Solar finally lost her marbles."

"Byul-ah, I'm being serious!" Yongsun said between her teeth, her expression unchanged, as she hit Byulyi's shoulder. 

"Fine, fine, I'm looking... but Yong, what am I looking at? Apart from my beloved girlfriend's stinking cute face?" Byulyi asked, and she couldn't stop herself from placing a kiss on Yongsun's nose.

"Don't you see it?!"

"See what?"

"I have a new wrinkle! Right on my forehead!" 

"Ooooh..." Byulyi traced the line on Yongsun's forehead with her finger. "Relax, baby. You'll make it deeper." Yongsun immediately dropped her forced smile, her expression morphing into a sad pout. "Is that why you've been feeling jealous about me spending our break with that MooMoo? You think I'll start wanting someone without any wrinkles on her forehead?"

Yongsun nodded slowly, her eyes not meeting Byulyi's. 

"Yong... I have some news for you. You've had that wrinkle for the past, mmh, four months?" Byulyi smiled softly, tucking a strand of loose hair behind her girlfriend's ear. 

"... HUH?" Yongsun's eyes opened wide, disbelief evident on her face. 

"Yep. Wanna know when I first noticed it?"

"When?" Yongsun asked, slightly open. 

"June 28th. Reminds you of something?" Byulyi smiled. She watched Yongsun's expression change as she slowly connected the dots and looked down at her hand. Byulyi took Yongsun's hand in hers and started to play with the ring on her girlfriend's finger. "I saw that wrinkle on your face on June the 28th. It made me think that you are indeed getting older, love. But there's no way in heaven or hell that I won't also get older right by your side. That's why I went out that afternoon, and came back with the ring." Byulyi wiped a tear on her future wife's cheek. "We'll both get so many more wrinkles, no doubt about it. But we'll spend the rest of our lives counting them on each other's face. We'll be old and wrinkly and in love and we'll have so much fun. Together."

Yongsun smiled through tears. "When we're really old and really wrinkly, will you stop being so greasy then?"

"Not a chance," Byulyi smiled back. "Not a chance."

 



 

Author's note: Thank you to tpdlpcrid who gave me my first prompt! I hope you like the chapter. I am Moonsun trash. Expect a lot of fluff.