Chapter 4: Let Me In

Until I Found You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The past few days were pretty uneventful. A few stray messages from Haseul but you were both busy with something. Her upcoming comeback (STREAM FLIP THAT), and of course you with college. School has gone the way it started, your difficulty in speaking and understanding Korean is still currently kicking your . A deep sigh releases as another day concludes.

Walking home, a random person messages you from your Kakao. "Hey! We were wondering if you can contact Haseul? She went out but still hasn't come back. Tell her manager-unnie is looking for her now." the text read. You simply reply asking who it was whilst heading to the subway and catching a ride. Soon enough the person reponds, "Oh, it's Vivi, she was just supposed to grab a few groceries but she's been gone for too long. Can you contact her? We can't seem to get a hold of her." you then bring her number up and call her.

 

Ring. Ring. Ring.

 

H: "Oh. Y/N, why are you calling?" Haseul says way too casually catching you off guard.

Y/N: "Well, Vivi messaged me, asking for you. She said your manager was looking for you."

H: "They can blame Yeojin and Chuu for spamming my phone for stuff they "needed". I had to shut off my notifications because of them."

Y/N: "They also said you've been gone for a long time, what happened?"

H: "I had to go around looking for their "needs" but I'm heading back now. Thanks for checking in on me Y/N"

Y/N: "Where are you at noona?"

H: "I'm at a supermarket pretty close to our apartment why?"

Y/N: "I'm on my way wait for me okay?"

H:  "But Y/N-"

 

You turn off the call and soon enough, you arrive at your stop which was close to BlockBerry Creative. Knowing that Haseul's apartment was pretty close to yours as well, it was worth the detour to see her. You walk around for a while and see a supermarket that was nearby her apartment. You head in and see a gray-haired girl in line clad in a hoodie, mask and a cap. You approach said girl and tap her on the shoulder. The girl jumps and glares at you, it was Haseul. "Y/N! You came!." she says way too loudly grabbing the attention of the other patrons in line and hugs you tight. You smile and blush, "Why wouldn't I? I told you I would right?", she cutely nods and kept on holding you.

You grab her cart and move it forwards whilst the girl still was still wrapped around your waist. "Noona, we're in public." you whisper to the lady, even if you want to keep her wrapped around you, she was still an idol with a reputation to take care of.  She looks around and blushed feeling embarassed. You laugh and kept on moving with the line. She receives a call, it was Vivi. You try and eavesdrop but all you heard was, "Yes unnie! We-I'm on my way back! Why are you asking about him? No! Like I said me and Y/N aren't dating! We just went for coffee once and that's it." Haseul says as she steps away from the line for a while. You brush this off as her just hiding your relationship from the members, but then again, why would she hide it from her members. But you can't help but wonder, what are the both of you? You shrug off the doubt but still have a sinking feeling in your stomach, a pit of sadness welling up within.

A few minutes pass, you reach the counter and see Haseul rushing back to you. You help Haseul bring up her groceries to the counter brushing over her hands multiple times causing both of you to blush; kind of making up for what you were feeling earlier. Haseul pays and you help her carry the bulk of the paperbags. She leads you along the road heading up a hill. "How have you been?" she start off the conversation. "You're acting like we didn't see each other three days ago." you reply to which you both laugh. "It's just been really stressful. Recording, practices and of course our comeback stage." she then goes off on how much stress she was experiencing just from the few days she went back to work.

A few more minutes of ranting pass and you go past the gate and head towards her apartment building. "Here we are! You can head i- BUT ifyouwanttojustheadhome, it's totally cool, you can just leave it in our lobby. You carried so many bags up a hill and just listened to me rant. You don't have to bring it up." she says seeing you carrying most of the groceries she bought. "It's okay noona!" you flash her a smile but with a mask an eyesmile was only visible. "I'll help you bring these up." she wanted to ask if you were sure but you start heading towards the elevator before she even mutters another word.

She follows you, not making eye contact and presses the elevator button. The elevator opens and you both head in she presses the 12th floor. "So noona, who's in your dorm? Is it just Vivi noona, Chuu and Yeojin?" you ask, "Oh, we don't live in our dorm anymore. I have my own apartment." she replies. Baffled on why Chuu and Yeojin was bothering Haseul for stuff on her trip to the supermarket, you were going to say something when the elevator stops and opens. She looks at you momentarily still avoiding your gaze and starts walking to the end of the hall and making a quick right and approaches a door.

She opens the door and you were about to follow in to lay the bags down when she blocks the doorway. "I'm sorry if it's a bit messy, I wasn't expecting a guest and I had no time to clean up with our schedule." you flash her another eyesmile and reply, "I'm sure it's fine noona, I can even help you clean up and organize this." she nods and lets you in. The apartment was quite big, definitely more roomy than yours. "You can lay those bags on the counter. I'll prep the fridge, are you sure you want to help me organize?" you nod, "Well, I can't do anything about that. How about this, I'll cook you dinner after we tidy up." you agree and she starts sorting the fridge.

The next few minutes pass by easily, it's never a dull time when you were with Haseul. You could be running around playing tag or just doing this, sorting the refrigerator. "So these, I'll hand these to Chuu and Yeojin just wait for me here." she says holding up a bunch of soaps, sh

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter