1/1

Change Of Plans
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Donghae sat on top of Hyukjae, grinding down on the man as heavy moans escaped his swollen lips. Hyukjae had his hands firmly placed on Donghae's hips, letting the man take charge, the way he’d requested. Right now, he knew Donghae wanted to get off while using his body. And like always, Hyukjae let him.

 

Just then, their ministrations were interrupted by two consecutive pings on Hyukjae's phone. While Hyukjae paid no heed to his phone lying on the side table, Donghae stilled immediately and placed a hand on Hyukjae's nape, gesturing to him to check who the messages were from. 

 

Hyukjae shook his head in sheer annoyance, "Nah, let it ring. Right now, it's just you and me. No one else" 

 

Donghae chuckled softly as he ran his hand through Hyukjae’s messy hair, "As much as I appreciate all of your attention being on me, I really want you to see if it's an important message or not. Then we can continue what we're doing. You know there's no stopping me once I'm out to get what I want" 

 

When Donghae shamelessly rubbed his over Hyukjae's hardening just to make his point, Hyukjae had to struggle to hold back a moan as he reached out for his phone to see the notification without unlocking the device.

 

"."

 

"Hyuk? What is it? Is everything okay?"

 

The expletive that escaped his mouth was something Donghae really hadn't expected and he was immediately concerned as to what had caused this reaction.

 

Hyukjae raised his hand and began rubbing it over his face as he turned the phone towards Donghae so the latter could read the message himself. 

 

"Oh noooooo," Donghae whined, getting off of Hyukjae and sitting down next to his thigh, skimming through the long text message as fast as he could. "It's tomorrow! They've been trying to contact you for a week now, and the training was pulled forward, so it starts tomorrow instead of next Sunday!" 

 

Hyukjae nodded, adjusting his cotton trousers, and sat up as he pushed his long hair off his forehead. He’d known that he would eventually have to go but he wasn’t ready for it to happen all of a sudden.

 

The mood in the room had changed 180 degrees too fast and there was no chance they'd continue what they'd been close to doing just a minute ago. 

 

Hyukjae looked crestfallen, as if someone had given him bad news that he never wanted to hear. Reserve force training wasn't a walk in the park of course, but he was a healthy and active young man so it wasn't a big issue for him. His schedules would have to be cancelled and he'd miss Donghae but that was pretty much it. Yet there was a feeling of unease, settling slowly in the crevices of his heart.

 

When Donghae noticed the machines turning in Hyukjae’s head, he was quick to change his position so that he was leaning into Hyukjae, his thick arms wrapped around the leaner man’s shoulders, "Hyuk? What's up? Why do you look like someone took away an entire carton of your strawberry milk?" 

 

Hyukjae gave Donghae a small smile just because his attempt to cheer him up was as childish as it could get.

 

"I think I don't really mind going for the reserve training for three days but," Hyukjae paused as he leaned his head on Donghae's shoulder, rubbing his nose against his exposed skin, "Sundays are cafe breakfast days for Haru. And me being called in for training at 8am tomorrow means we won't be able to take her out for breakfast. She'd have to wait for an entire week for her cafe breakfast day, and I know it’ll make her really sad."

 

Donghae's heart swelled up with happiness. Out of all the things that Hyukjae could be concerned about, the first thing on his mind had been their daughter. There was once a time when he cherished all of Hyukjae’s attention being on him. But now, every time he put their daughter before him, Donghae could not help but feel warm and fuzzy on the inside.

 

"This is rich coming from a man who didn't even want a kid a few years earlier," as if to soften his teasing words a little, Donghae wrapped his fingers in Hyukjae's hair and pulled in his face gently to place a small peck on his lips. 

 

Hyukjae growled in annoyance but didn't pull away from the kiss. When Donghae drew his head back to catch his breath, Hyukjae had a little frown on his forehead. 

 

Before Donghae could ask anything, Hyukjae spoke up softly, "You do know that there's nothing more precious to me in this world than our daughter, right?" 

 

Donghae nodded with a naughty smile on his face, except that he still felt like teasing Hyukjae a little more. So he carefully climbed onto Hyukjae's lap, pushing him back to lie flat on the bed and bent down to place his lips on the nape of Hyukjae's neck, "What about me? Aren't I the most precious one to you?" 

 

Hyukjae shook his head as he raised his arms to wrap them around Donghae's waist, pressing his body flush against his own, "Nahhhh, you're at number two now. Haru's always going to be number one. Unless, of course, I get you knocked up and you give birth to another baby of mine. Maybe then the hierarchy will shift." 

 

Despite the fact that Donghae had been teasing Hyukjae merely seconds ago and he half expected Hyukjae to do the same to him at some point, the words that left Hyukjae's mouth took him by a pleasant surprise. 

 

Donghae grunted shyly and buried his face in Hyukjae's chest, mumbling against his cotton t-shirt, "Lee Hyukjae, you shameless man! You'll say whatever comes to your mind without any sort of filter, huh?" 

 

Hyukjae chuckled naughtily as he pressed kisses on Donghae's fluffy hair, one after another, "Yes I will, because I know no matter what I say, you'll still end up loving me." 

 

Donghae scoffed as he closed his eyes and adjusted himself even more comfortably on Hyukjae's body.

 

"You do know that you're VERY heavy, right?" Hyukjae whispered as his chest rose and fell in an effort to draw in adequate oxygen, and when he felt Donghae nod against his body, he knew there was no use in postponing what was bound to happen anyway in a little while, "Well if you know to that already, I think it's time for you to get off my body and get on your knees for me, so I can show you just how much you mean to me" 

 

It took less than a minute for Donghae to do exactly what Hyukjae ordered him to do, yet the one thing they knew they needed to take care of, was to keep their voices as low as possible so as to make sure their daughter didn't wake up and witness the funky business her honry dads were up to.  

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Donghae wasn't woken up by his usual 5 am alarm, so when he opened his eyes, he was surprised to see the soft sunlight filtering in through the partially open curtains. 

 

He sat up too quickly, only to realise within the next second that there was a very dull yet familiar ache at the base of his spine, and instead of feeling any discomfort, he found himself smiling shyly, blushing at the tips of his ears and his cheeks.

 

He was brought back to reality when he heard Haru's giggling voice coming in from the living room. How late did he wake up for Haru to be up and about already and how was Hyukjae out of bed before him, especially on a Sunday morning?

 

All of his questions were answered in the next moment when the door to his and Hyukjae's bedroom slammed open and Hyukjae stepped in, holding their daughter in his arms. To Donghae's utmost surprise, Hyukjae was already wearing his camouflage uniform and Haru was dressed in a pale yellow cotton frock and white summer sandals, her hair tied up in a small yet neat ponytail at the back of her head. 

 

"You're up and ready and so is Haru? How in the name of God did this happen? And that too on a SUNDAY?" Donghae asked, his mouth hanging open, as Haru jumped out of Hyukjae's arms and hurtled towards Donghae, whose reflexes were quic

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter