You Belong With Me

UNIVERSE
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“You sure it’s him?” Donghae tried to confirm the information given by one of his man—his friend, a Delta named Ryeowook, just now. Since he listened to Ryeowook’s reports, his visage was grim, still. But his tone now hopeful.

“Yes, Sir. We have been secretly following him this past 3 days and we positive it’s him. Apparently, he has been staying in this town for about two weeks now, and almost every night he frequent The Eclipse Bar.”

"Good. You've made sure he didn't suspect any of our move, right?” With his ever calm demeanor, Donghae asked the Delta, again to confirm that everything is, and will be going smoothly this time.

"Yes, Sir. Everything is clear. We've made sure to followed him in a safe distance, and to not make unnecessary move." This time Ryeowook's head is hung low as he answered. Indeed, he's still feeling guilty about his mistake the last time.

"You did a good job, thank you Ryeowook."

“Thank you, Sir.” Ryeowook bow a little. He look a bit hesitant for a second before he continue, "What is the next order, Sir? Should we get going now? He will be at the club at this time of the night." He tried to suggest.

"We should,” Donghae nodded silently. Then he fix his gaze to the Delta in front of him. Waiting for him to continue, because he felt that there's still another thing that the Delta wanted to say to him.

Understanding of what the Alpha meant by his stare, Ryeowook then gulped, he dare himself  and asking, “Since your Beta isn't available now, C-Can I come with you, Sir?”

Donghae regards the man sitting in front of him, noticing his worried expression. Ah, right. He almost forgot that Ryeowook is one of  Hyukjae’s Dongsaeng who’s always admiring the lanky man. Donghae contemplating it a little, but then think otherwise. After his Change, Ryeowook have met Hyukjae before, so Hyukjae must have able to recognized his smell, possibly making him alert, and running away again.

“I think, I will meet him myself this time, Ryeowook-ah. And as my Beta, I purposely stationed Leeteuk Hyung in the pack on my behalf right now for this reason.” Hearing that, the Delta's face fell. But then he maintain his professional stance once again.

"We understand." said Ryeowook.

Realizing that Ryeowook probably still felt guilty for his actions last time, and what Donghae said could be misunderstood as if he didn't want to risk the possibility of Ryeowook making the same mistake, he then tried to appease the Delta.

"Look—" said Donghae firmly, but the tone was calming. Typical Alpha's. Making Ryeowook naturally obey him, he raised his originally drooped head to look at the Alpha in front of him. When he is sure that the Delta's attention was fully on him, he then continue, "—this is not because I don't trust you, Ryeowook-ah. You know that, right? The only scent that he's still unfamiliar with in our team was mine. So, me going there alone is our best option." 

Ryeowook then nodded in understanding, his countenance now undeniably full of relief, "Yes, I understand, Sir."

Donghae just nodded back reassuringly and smile at him. He then glance at is wristwatch, noticing the time is now at 10 PM already.

“I better get going now then, thank you for your report. You can take a rest, or go back to the pack with the rest of the team. I’ll take care of this matter from here.” He gave Ryeowook’s right shoulder some light pats as an appreciation. Then he walk towards the door, ready to walk out of the suite room.

“Hyung..” Suddenly Ryeowook called just before he can walk out of the room completely. Donghae just turn his head with his raised eyebrows, questioning why this Ryeowook suddenly calling him in such an informal way after such polite exchanged, and moreover with those worried tone. Not that Donghae minded though, he also prefers if his friends address him just the same as before. But still, it caught him off guard.

“Yes, Ryeowook-ah?”

“Please bring him home.” Hearing this, Donghae got stunned for a moment. But then his face turn determined.

Donghae nodded, “I’ll try my best. Call me if there's anything, and be safe, okay?”

“Okay, Hyung.”

Donghae is the new member of the Alphas of their pack, having just bear the title for less than a year. And indeed, after his coming of aged and him leveling up to the high title, suddenly his life changing so much. One of the biggest change was of course, the missing of his bestfriend, Lee Hyukjae. It has been almost a year also since Hyukjae’s dissapearance. He left the pack right on the night of Donghae’s coming of ages ceremony when the mark of Alpha engrave to his skin. No one know the reason why he left.

Hyukjae is a Sigma. A title which always look down, got side eyes, ostracized even, more than an Omega—the last rank of a pack member. Because at least an Omega will stay put, lay low and be of help for the well-being of the pack and community, but a Sigma? They often than not will only brought havocs into their community. People’s respons of Sigma sometimes vary, they can be admired by people from how their views could make a difference in the community or being hated the most—usually by the higher rank of the pack, because they can cause imbalances of the pack. In other word, a trouble maker. Not every pack can controls their sigma, that’s why almost all of pack's sigma, well most of them, will become a lone wolf, or worst becoming a Rouge.

In Hyukjae’s case however, he didn’t get shorn of the pack nor he is the most troublesome trouble maker. Their pack members welcome him. He is a lovely person, his manners is good with the elderly, playfull with the childern, so witty and such a good friend to his peers. Moreover, he also got Donghae as his best friend who will always defend him and got his back no matter what. So when one day—right after Donghae’s coming of age ceremony done, the pack members noticing that Hyukjae was gone, they began to search for him. Their pack members also wondering why did Hyukjae left just like that. But even so, the search was only lasted a week after Hyukjae's disappearance. And after that everything went back to normal. It was as if they moved on just like that. Of course there were rumors flying around, the gossipers said that he maybe got kidnapped by neighboring pack because he is crossing their territory, or maybe he got thrown out by The Head Alpha because of the ruckus he made which often regarding the pack’s policy, and coincidently, just days before his dissapearing, Hyukjae also made some remarks in the pack’s meeting about some crucial policy, so maybe the Alphas thought that they cannot just let Hyukjae be anymore.

Donghae didn’t care about all of those gossips and rumours, but he did also got curious as to why Hyukjae just left him like that when they are bestfriend since childhood. He desperately want to know his reason. He already asked the higher up of their packs especially the Alphas, and they said that they actually have no involvement in Hyukjae’s dissapearence. It was as if they didn’t even care anymore, about why and how Hyukjae went missing. “He is a Sigma, and it is a relief if he gone for good anyway. A blessing in diguised. We can't tied him up any longer after all.” said one of the Elder Alpha. Donghae gritted his teeth when he heard that.

No more search party issued or whatever after that. Donghae and his circle of friends who was close with Hyukjae was the only few people who still care about this case.

So, for this past months since his coming of aged ceremony, Donghae worked so hard to get recognition for his work in their pack, and became one of the strongest young Alpha. He is now one of the youngest Alpha who get to join the pack's higher rank members table, along with the other prominet members of their pack. That was how he finally manage to get the permit to re-open Hyukjae's missing case and began a search party for Hyukjae three months ago. The team only consist of ten members, all of them are Donghae’s and Hyukjae’s close friend. And personally, between his duties as an Alpha of the pack, Donghae also act as the leader of this searching team.

The search itself was not easy, since Hyukjae is a sly-clever man. If he want to hide from you then you will not find him. With his missing for months, he could be anywhere. But they didn’t give up just like that. They patiently and diligently continue the search while waiting for the moment Hyukjae will be more unguarded.  Their attempts were not in vain though, because finally, last week, the search team on duty in Gangwon Province and its surrounding areas reported to find a clue about Hyukjae’s whereabout. This was the second time they finally got a sight of Hyukjae again after last time they tried to directly approached Hyukjae and failed—it was last month at Suwon. Ryeowook who has just became a Delta, finally join the search team and he was the one who found Hyukjae at one of the homeless shelter and decided to tried and approached him. But alas, Hyukjae runaway as soon as he saw Ryeowook’s face. This time though, they got to tracked him around Wonju. That’s why the team, including Donghae and Ryeowook rushed here, to a city about 60 miles from Seoul, just to find Hyukjae. They resided in one of hotel in Wonju since then, while everyday looking for Hyukjae’s whereabout. And finally, after their careful movement here and there around Wonju for days, they manage to found him again. Now there he is, at The Eclipse Bar.

At that moment, Donghae finally arrived at the said bar. And right after he entered the entrance door, he saw Hyukjae, sitting in front of the bar counter, backfacing the entrance door while talking to a person. Even just from looking at his backside, Donghae could recognized those figure everywhere. And the mannerism? He was sure then that man is definitely Hyukjae. Donghae continue to enter the establishment, and looking for an empty seat at the side of the counter. From the distance that he is now seating, Donghae noticed that the person Hyukjae’s talking into right now is a bit similar looking with Hyukjae himself. An almost porcelain white skin, soft feature, delicate and smooth hand, and although in Donghae’s opinion Hyukjae is pretty cute, that person is a bit too pretty looking for a man. Donghae also noticed the difference of their scent, although it was faint because of their distance, he's aware that the one with powdery smell and

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter