Red

UNIVERSE
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Summary​​​​​​ : Donghae always have something to say about Hyukjae, while Hyukjae, he always ended up turning into a shade red darker

*

 It was Friday morning and as usual Donghae already freshened up after his light morning excercise and now he felt hungry. After one last glance of his bedroom, he quickly went down to the kitchen to find something to eat.

“Good morning.”

Someone greet him first thing when Donghae enter the kitchen. Donghae’s head shot up fast hearing that. A wide smile instantly light up his face seeing the person already sit comfortably on the kitchen counter while munching a sandwich.

“There you are, Hyuk. I was looking for you everywhere.” Donghae, still smiling, struting toward the person and without missing a beat giving the person a back hug and a quick kiss on the neck while saying his “Good morning” directly into Hyuk’s ear.

“Well, I was also looking for you earlier but you already went to excercise, so I take a shower, doing laundry a little and made my breakfast first. Here, I’ve made you a sandwich too, special with avocado slices.” Hyuk answered, not even feeling bothered with the addition of warmth and weight behind him, seems like he already got used to the affections Donghae gave him.

Hearing that, Donghae quickly peered into the counter in front of them. When he found that there was actually, not only his favorite sandwich on it, but also a plate of apple slices and a cup of tea for him,  his smile widening, and unhesitantly gave a loud smooch on Hyuk’s cheek.

“Oh I love you so much, you know that?” Hyuk just blushed hearing that.

Hyuk, or Hyukjae, is Donghae’s boyfriend whom only this last month living together with Donghae in Donghae’s apartment. So, they both still in the process to get used to each other’s habit in their daily life. Well, actually more like for Hyukjae to get used to Donghae’s habits.

It's not that Donghae have a strange habits or is hard to live with. It was just..Donghae is too happy. And who would have thought that happy Donghae mean more clingy, affectionate, and just simply..sweet? Hyukjae certainly wouldn’t have thought that that was possible because the usual Donghae is already full of all those things, but after a month living with Donghae and being the sole recipients of those affections, Hyukjae was proven wrong. He thought that he already got used with the random pecks, kisses, hugs, and flattering compliments. But still, sometimes he'd blushing madly when Donghae did it, especially if it was because simple things Hyukjae does.

Like this, Hyukjae just made him a sandwich and Donghae already declared his love for him, and it’s still 9 in the morning. It’s too early for him to be attacked like this. So, what did Hyukjae do after hearing Donghae showering him with compliments and literally a declaration of love? Yup, nothing.

“I know, now take your sit and just eat your breakfast.” Hyukjae said, shoving back Donghae’s body to let go of the hug and pointing at the plate of sandwich and a stool beside him, while trying hard to control his expression, hoping that Donghae didn’t get to see his blushing face or even heard his fluttering heart.

Hyukjae should’ve got used to it by now, the “I love you’s”. They –especially Donghae– have said it so many times to each others since their 2 years of dating. But no, everytime Hyukjae heard Donghae said it, it was just felt like the first time he heard it. His heart just felt full and content, and there’s this feeling of something blooming inside him, making him red and happy. Hence the blushing and all the tingling feeling. 

Donghae just chuckling, noticing the blush. He knew Hyukjae too well. Those kind of violent reactions could only meant that his Hyukjae was shy.

“You’re so cute.” is what Donghae said finally, before giving one last quick back hug and take a sit beside Hyukjae and eat his portion of sandwich which Hyukjae oh so kindly made for him.

Donghae noticed that by now his boyfriend was already done with his breakfast, and instead he just staring at him after his first bite of the sandwice with his hopefull eyes. He knew then, that Hyukjae was waiting for his reaction. Those eyes looked just like a puppy waiting for an approval, Donghae could almost heard the unsaid, “Did I do good?”

So cute.

Donghae chuckles, “It’s delicious, Babe. You did a good job this time.” 

The effect is almost instant, Hyukjae smiled his gummy smile after hearing Donghae praise.

“But what’s with this band-aid? I didn’t noticed it there last night, did you hurt yourself while making this breakfast?”

Putting back his sandwich onto the plate, Donghae took Hyukjae’s left hand into his, and then place them above the countertops. He softly brushed his thumb over Hyukjae’s band-aided index finger while examined it.

Hyukjae unconsiously pouting, “Yeah, the knife hurt my finger a little when I tried to open the avocado, but it’s nothing I can’t handle. I’ll be careful next time.” Hyukjae added so not to make Donghae worried.

“Next time let’s just make it together, the avocado is my speciality, not yours. But thank you for your effort to made this breakfast, Hyuk.”

Hyukjae laughed at that, “Yeah, yeah, sure you’re the avocado master with the amount of avocado you’ve cut open.”

Donghae just grinned at that. Then he softly kissed that band-aided finger and said directly to the said finger, “Please heal faster, I don’t like my Hyukjae feeling hurt.”

Hyukjae just rolled his eyes while muttering something like, “You idiot.” 

Which then replied by Donghae by something like, “Your idiot.”

*

After done with their breakfast, Donghae volunteered to do the dishes, while Hyukjae went back upstair to get ready since he said that he need to go to the studio at 11.

Donghae just finished wiping the countertop clean when he heard a ringtone indicating an incoming call from Hyukjae’s phone which apparently left there by the owner after their breakfast.

“Hyukjae! Babe, you have a call!” Donghae called out.

“What?” came Hyukjae’s faint answer from their bedroom.

“You have a call!”

“Oh, can you answer it first? I’m stil kind of...busy.” In the bedroom Hyukjae actually still struggling to wear his jeans.

“Okay.”

Just as he said that, the call already disconnected. But seconds after there was a ‘ding’ sounds indicating an incoming text. Donghae peered at the device and saw that it was Hyukjae’s manager who messaged Hyukjae. Donghae read the text briefly from the notification and then went upstair to their bedroom. Only to find Hyukjae in the middle of wrestling with the jeans he wear.

“Babe—“ Donghae stopped dead in his track seeing the view in front of him. He almos

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter