Prank on Me

UNIVERSE
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

19yo trainee Donghae X Hyukjae

Summary : Hyukjae like to prank every new trainees who join their entertainment company. That was like a tradition for him, along with his bestfriend since six, Junsu. One day, when he was about to pull a prank on a new trainee though, his last failed prank keep haunting him...quite literally 

*

"Have you heard? There is another trainee coming today! And by the look of it, I think this one is younger than us." Hyukjae suddenly said to his bestfriend, Junsu, who was busy washing his hands in the wastafel, as Hyukjae waiting for him while checking his appearance in the mirror beside him.

"So?"

"Wanna prank him?" Hyukjae asked, eyes already turning mischievous.

Junsu just eyed him weirdly, "Him? You've already meet that trainee?"

Finally done with washing his hands, Junsu then pick a paper towel to dry his hands. And walk over to the trash bin to deposed the already used paper towel.

"Well, as a matter of fact, I did already meet him just now. He asked for directions to the practice room and how to find Jihyun noona, so as a kind person that I am, I help him." Hyukjae explained.

"And now you want to play a prank on him? This idiot. I thought you already done pranking people. Weren’t you said it was childish the last time?”

Hyukjae grinned, "No, it was fun! Beside he look like a baby bear and just seems so unfazed when I told him that Jihyun noona is scary, or that the practice room is haunted by a ghost girl! Isn't that crazy? I think we should prank him to know if he was really a cool dude or just pretending."

“You’re helpless. Just do it by yourself then.” Junsu headed to the door, ready to exit the toilet.

“Come on. I can’t do this without you, Junsu-ah.” Hyukjae grabbed Junsu’s jacket sleeve, pulling at it playfully with a pout ready to form on his lips. He still didn’t want to give up his idea to prank the new baby bear trainee.

“No, I don’t wanna get involved in your stupid prank anymore. Beside, you’ve failed the last time. Don’t you learn your lesson yet?”

For whatever reason that Junsu don't understand, he saw Hyukjae's ears reddened as he brought up his last prank. But of course, stubborn Hyukjae didn't want to stop there just because he failed the last time.

“Last time was last time, this time is different. Come on, pleasee...” The pout now became apparent plus his eyes also getting bigger and too shiny for Junsu to handle. If Junsu stay here a bit longer he for sure will just succumb to his idiot bestfriend’s plan. He need to get out of here faster.

“Don’t you dare using those pout and puppy eyes on me, you little minx. And let go of me!” Junsu tried to let go of Hyukjae’s grab on his jacket

“Nuhhh..say yes first, then I’ll let go.”

They were already in front of the door. Junsu’s other hand was already grabbed the door’s handle, wanted to open it to quickly get out of there and leaving his crazy bestfriend, when suddenly he felt someone also pulling the door from the other side. 

“Oh—“ Junsu lost his grip and the door opened wide, showing a familiar trainee standing there. This trainee is same age as them, but only entered the company’s trainee program last month—while Junsu already a bit more than a year there and Hyukjae on his six months. This trainee was also the last trainee that almost became Hyukjae’s prank victim. Why almost? Because as Junsu said before, the prank failed...miserably. 

Well...

To be honest, no one except those two knew the detail about it actually. Not even Junsu, since he can’t help Hyukjae on the day of the prank execution. But after that day, everytime those two person near each other, the hell broke. So, Junsu just concluded that Hyukjae’s plan to prank this particular new trainee had failed, and even backfired. That was the only possible explanation for him.

“—Hi, Donghae!” Looking at the familiar face, Junsu immediately greet the later cheerfully.

“Hello, Junsu.” Donghae greeted him back with a smile. He was ready to move aside to give Junsu space for him to walk out first when his eyes finally caught on Hyukjae that was still pulling at Junsu’s jacket sleeve.

“Oh, hi there Hyukjae.” The kind smile immediately turn into a smirk. Hyukjae just grunted and rolled his eyes at him. His hand that was on Junsu’s jacket now pushing at Junsu’s body to move forward and get out of there quickly.

Donghae can’t help but move aside as to not getting collide with the pair of bestfriend.

“In hurry much?” said Donghae in a teasing tone, only to get a glare from Hyukjae which made Donghae chuckle.

“See ya around then, Donghae!” said Junsu while still being push forward by Hyukjae, away from the toilet and Donghae.

*

“Dude, stop! What the heck!” said Junsu finally, after they were far away enough from Donghae. He break free from Hyukjae and face his now grumpy bestfriend.

He then asked Hyukjae, “What is wrong with you? That’s so not nice of you, Hyuk!”

“I don’t care.” answered the later, who now seems grumpy? Sulky? Junsu doesn’t know anymore.

Hyukjae then continue to walk outside of the building and walked over to the patio that coicidentally not far from them. Junsu tailing behind him.

“Come on, dude! Did you still hold a grudge on him just because you’ve failed to pranked him that time? It’s been a month, you should just forget it—” He said, or more like blabbering, since Hyukjae don't seems like listening to him at all, while still tailing behind Hyukjae. “—beside, wasn’t it him who supposed to get angry? I mean, you’ve switched his americano with fish sauce on his first day as a trainee, that’s mental, if I were him, I will get mad and even planning a revenge on you,”

By now, Hyukjae already spotting unoccupied desk and rush over there, throwing himself on one of the comfy stool. A second later Junsu also sat himself on the stool across his bestfriend. 

“But why it seems like he is fine with it, and instead you are the one who get angry?” is what Junsu finally said when they both finally settled and he just stare at Hyukjae curiosly.

Hyukjae, once again, just avoiding his eyes when Junsu asked him about the failed prank and Donghae.

Junsu stare at him hopefully, he know Hyukjae tend to keep things too much by himself. But if it makes him like this, he wish this bestfriend of him could share his problem with him.

“I don’t want to talk about it.” is what Hyukjae answered after some silent, as always when it come to this matter. 

Junsu just sighed. If Hyukjae don’t want to tell, then he cannot force it out of him.

.

.

.

For a while, they just stayed silent like that. Until Junsu finally looked at his phone and noticed the time.

"I have to go now." He then said to Hyukjae who by now layed his head on the table in front of them, eyes closed.

"Is it the time already?" Hyukjae opened his eyes, staring at Junsu lifelessly.

"Yep! Gotta go." Junsu rouse up, "You have attitude class, right, after this?"

"Uh-uh" Hyukjae finally straightened his sitting position.

"Good luck then, please tell Miss Bona about my abstinence, okay? See you tomorrow, Hyuk!"

"Okay"

And by that Junsu left. 

Hyukjae only stayed five more minutes before he too, make way to his class. They actually attend this class together, but Junsu have another important schedule today. Since Junsu had already on the talk to debut, every saturday he need to attend dance practice with his co-members. And today, isn't just another practice day. He and his designated members is suppose to meet their company CEO to talk about the debut album today. It's a big day for Junsu!

Hyukjae felt so proud of him when he heard about this. But looking at the situation now, how he has to attend the attitude class alone without Junsu, make him anxious, a bit sad even.

Hyukjae dreaded this class the most every week since a month ago, and more so after that toilet incident before.

Hyukjae could only grunted once again remembering Donghae's smrik from before.

All of this because of the prank, no, all of this was actually because he choose the wrong person to prank. Why did he messed up with Donghae?

 

Last month...

 

After he saw how Donghae's face changed when he tasted the fish sa

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter