where are you?

you into me, me into you.
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Today, Rei and Jiwon have made plans to spend time with their shared best friend, Wonyoung.

The three of them have been close friends for years. Wonyoung was initially closer friends with Yujin, but Yujin's constant busyness and waning bond as they became adults made Wonyoung grow closer to Rei and Jiwon.

When Rei and Jiwon started dating, they worried that it would impact the friendship they had with Wonyoung. Their friendship could have just turned into Wonyoung third wheeling them all of the time. But thankfully, that never became an issue and Rei and Jiwon made sure of it. They were never too lovey in front of her and made sure to always include her in what they are doing.

Though, now that Rei and Jiwon are married, it's been different. Wonyoung is closer to Yujin once again, especially after getting over her old crush on her and becoming a secondary guardian to Hyunseo. But, they still make sure to hang out whenever they can. Whenever they aren't busy with work or their relationships, that is.

Of course they're still best friends, but they have accepted that they're grown now and must focus on grown up responsibilities first.

Once Jiwon's pregnancy hit its tenth week and she was cleared by her doctor, she finally felt comfortable telling people about it. Wonyoung found out earlier than that, but that was the time Jiwon decided to tell Yujin and Gaeul after helping Wonyoung babysit Hyunseo one day. That's also when she told her family the good news. 

Yujin has been a lot of help to Jiwon since. Since she has been pregnant before, although almost three years ago, she has been giving Jiwon a lot of advice. Jiwon is grateful that Wonyoung had introduced her to someone like Yujin. Both her and Gaeul seem like people she can really rely on other than family.

Rei and Jiwon hold hands as they approach the door to Wonyoung's apartment together.

Before they even reach the door, it suddenly opens.

"Hey!" Wonyoung's smiling face shows up on the other side of the doorway. "I'm glad to see you both!"

"We're glad to see you too!" Rei chimes in with a smile as Wonyoung holds the door open for them, inviting them inside.

As soon as they head inside, Wonyoung follows in behind them.

"Feel free to have a seat. Would you like a drink, Rei? I could fix you one! And a non-alcoholic one for Jiwon?" She chuckles as she heads over to the kitchen.

"Yeah, thanks," Rei responds with a smile, turning her head to Jiwon. "Do you want a water or something, honey?" She asks her.

"Yeah. Water please," Jiwon responds, a little bummed that she cannot drink alcohol for as long as she is pregnant. She always loved when the three of them would chat over drinks. But water will have to do for now.

Wonyoung soon returns with the drinks before they sit down together at the dining room table. Jiwon takes a sip of the cold glass of water as soon as she gets it, feeling refreshed with just one sip.

"So, how's the pregnancy going, Jiwon?" Wonyoung asks curiously.

"It's going fine, other than the morning sickness, but that should be over soon, according to Yujin at least," Jiwon answers honestly. "But the baby is healthy and that is what matters."

"I have been by her side the whole time," Rei adds, smiling over at Jiwon. Jiwon smiles back, but she cannot help but feel a little angry at this.

No you have not. Jiwon wants to say, but she keeps it to herself.

"How are you two feeling? Nervous? Excited?" Wonyoung asks curiously. "I know I would be a good mixture of both if I ever became a mother. But more on the excited side if I'm not the one pregnant and more on the nervous side if I am."

"Woah, slow down Wonyoung. You should probably put a ring on it before starting a family! You shouldn't be thinking about that just yet!" Rei teases Wonyoung playfully. Wonyoung playfully rolls her eyes at this.

"I mean, hypothetically," Wonyoung smiles wide as she stifles back a laugh.

"Oh, how's it going with Yuna, by the way?" Jiwon quickly changes the subject. She really does not want to discuss her anxieties.

"It's going well!" Wonyoung answers happily after taking a sip of her alcoholic drink. "I want us to get engaged soon but I'm too nervous to propose myself, so I'm hoping Yuna proposes to me soon instead."

Jiwon lets out a laugh once she realizes something.

"That's exactly what I did!" Jiwon responds, glancing over at Rei. "I waited and waited for Rei to propose to me but it took literal years! I was ready two years before she actually proposed!" 

"You were ready. I wasn't,"

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter