why so distant?

you into me, me into you.
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Even before they got married, Rei and Jiwon did almost everything together. Even if not, one would always make sure to at least invite the other if allowed. 

However, Rei has seemed to have plans without even inviting Jiwon. The first few times were fine to Jiwon, as it seemed Rei had good excuses as for why Jiwon was not invited. Though, it has been happening more and more often recently and it is making Jiwon worried.

Jiwon wonders if it is because she is pregnant now. When you are pregnant, you cannot drink alcohol, so maybe Rei has some alcohol-related plans with friends. Even then, Jiwon could still tag along and just not drink any alcoholic drinks. She might need to ask her about it later.

While Rei is out, Jiwon spent her time watching a drama on TV. It can at least distract her from her worries and her nausea, the latter of which has only been getting worse by the day. This morning, she ended up vomiting her breakfast, but thankfully she had Rei by her side the whole time to care for her. Today she has been eating and drinking lightly as to not upset her stomach so much that she pukes again.

She is twelve weeks pregnant now and she hopes these symptoms go away soon as she enters the second trimester of her pregnancy. Yujin told her that they should, so she trusts her advice, though Jiwon is open to the fact that it could be different for everybody.

Even though Jiwon has been doing her best to distract herself, her mind keeps drifting to Rei and wonders what she could be doing that she wouldn't be invited to. It is definitely strange, but she reminds herself that she shouldn't doubt her wife. They have been together for many years now so she should have complete trust in her. She should know Rei wouldn't be doing anything bad. Though it is weird that she randomly started doing this now.

Speaking of Rei, the slightly older girl opens the door to their house, seeming shaky and stumbling on her feet.

"Rei, darling!" Jiwon shoots up to her feet and hurries over to her wife. Though, she's quick to notice the state she is in.

"Rei... are you drunk?" Jiwon questions, noticing the glazed, near lifeless look in Rei's eyes. She is in a whole nother world.

Rei just nods as a response. She momentarily looks like she is going to vomit but swallows it back down. 

"Oh... how much did you drink? You shouldn't have drank so much, honey!" Jiwon's voice quivers in concern as she leads her wife to the bathroom because she is starting to look quite pale. "Please don't tell me you drove!"

"Taxi..." Rei responds simply after shaking her head. 

"It's okay, we can go get your car tomorrow," Jiwon assures her as they enter the bathroom.

As soon as Rei laid eyes on the toilet, she quickly rushed over, kneeled down, and started to vomit into it. Jiwon lets out a small sigh and starts rubbing Rei's back, just as Rei did to her earlier today.

Jiwon believes that her previous possibility must be true. Rei must be going out and drinking with her friends for her to come home drunk like this. But still, why couldn't Jiwon come? She could be their driver. She would understand if she wasn't invited just for today because she was sick this morning, but she wasn't sick during the previous opportunities. She easily could have tagged along.

After a good few minutes, Rei finishes and flushes the toilet before laying down on the cold bathroom floor, letting her body relax. Jiwon sits down next to her, star

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter