Feelings can hurt too

HIM: The Movie

The body of the Corean King had been taken to Xuan palace by Xuan troops. Lee Gon had requested for him to be allowed to depart Xuan with his father's body and the surviving troop members. However, the emperor declined his request, claiming that he was under his guardian and that Corea was now under their empire because they lacked a  king and Gon had yet to be crowned. Lee Gon was enraged and questioned how this could be possible given that he had already been anointed as their Crown Prince, and it was his responsibility to reclaim the kingdom after his king died. And although the Emperor agreed to help them with the war, he never mentioned taking their land under the Xuan Empire. But no matter how long Lee Gon argues with the emperor, that man does not listen.

Despite his numerous defeats and loss of his chance to leave Xuan, the Emperor permits Lee Gon to hold his father's funeral in Xuan. With a broken heart and a desire for vengeance, Gon burnt his father's body and carried the ash with him, promising to release it in their home nation.

 

~

 

Jo Yeong had no idea how quickly a person can change. But he saw it himself when his crush, Crown Prince Lee Gon, changed overnight. Lee Gon is no longer the same man he saw two years ago. He is considerably quieter and seems less interested in seeing him and his brother. Lee Gon no longer joined them for dinners and no longer practiced with them. But Yeong had seen him train alone, with just his commander by his side.

Yeong attempts multiple times to meet the older prince, but the older prince always finds an excuse to avoid seeing him. It made the younger prince uneasy. He'd never been treated like this before in his life. He always received everything he asked for and longed for. So when the older prince rejected him, Yeong was furious at first. But as time passed, he realized why had happened, and why Lee Gon avoided him. But Yeong is resolute; he, like his father, Emperor Xuan, achieves whatever he desires.

As a result, the younger prince decided to alter his approach to the older prince. If he wanted to become the older prince's, he realized he had to take a risk and support him in archiving what the older prince so desired.

 

 

~

It was the 18th birthday of the Crown Prince of Xuan. And that is the day the prince will be formally anointed as Crown Prince. And the entire palace and city were adorned to celebrate it. The event was attended by royals, knights, and nobles from all across the world. Despite the festive atmosphere, Lee Gon was in his chamber, away from all the commotion and people he would know. It was better that way because he knew there would be people among his father's allies. And he doesn't want to face them just yet.

Lee Gon's reading is interrupted by a knocking sound. He looked at the door, perplexed by the unexpected visitor. Lee Gon responds with a simple, 'come in.' And in the next second, the youngest prince appeared at the door of his chamber, dressed in a gorgeous dark blue robe with a silver pattern on it, half of his hair wrapped into a  bun on top of his head and fastened with a silver headpiece that flowed down to his left ear. It was a gorgeous sight that Lee Gon would like to admire for days if not that he is avoiding him.

"What brings you here, Prince Yeong?" The older asks, and the younger sigh loudly in response. He stares at the older with a little pout on his lips.

"Are you not coming to the celebration, Hyung?" Yeong asks, despite the fact that that is not what he intended to inquire.

The older did not respond and returned to his seat, grabbing his book and continuing to read as if no one was waiting for him to respond.

 

Yeong sighed again before taking a seat in front of the older prince. He held out the dark blue envelope to him.

"I know you're disappointed with us, but I hope you'll come to meet my brother on his special day."

With that, the younger prince rose and silently left the chamber.

 

 

Lee Gon closed his book with a 'thud' and rubbed his face with both hands, letting out a long sigh as soon as Yeong exited the room. Yes, he is furious with every single royal in Xuan. He doesn't care if he hurts the younger prince or not, because he was the one who was hurt first. However, Lee Gon is reminded of Yeong's unhappy expression. Even his expression is stunning. Lee Gon grunts and slaps his own face hard, reminding himself not to waver with useless feelings.

Lee Gon looks at the envelope that the younger had left after a few minutes of stillness.

 

Dear Gon Hyung,

I've given this letter a lot of thought before writing it. You are avoiding me, I know that. Besides, you loathe us. I heard what actually happened. I also get your feelings and your anger for us. But I won't lie—whatever happened was the result of my father's actions. Even though I'm his favorite son and I like him dearly, I won't support any injustices if they actually did take place as you claim.

I'd want to speak with you, Hyung. However, it appears that you won't give me a chance. Do you truly despise me so much? Is it bad enough that you have avoided me for months?

Do you know what Hyung? As long as you talk with me, I don't mind if you hate me. You may curse at me all you want; I don't mind. If you stop avoiding me, I don't mind taking the brunt of your hatred. Hyung, I miss you. I miss spending time with you. I long for your voice. I miss your stories.

You could assume I'm self-centered. I can't help it, though. I'm in love with you, Hyung. I know I love you.

Talk to me, Hyung, please.

Jo Yeong

 

Lee Gon examines the letter once more in disbelief. Yeong loves him. But as he kept repeating the letter's wording, he became irritated. He pitied him, how dare he? He may have been attracted to the younger one. But it's too late now. And Lee Gon would never have faith in someone with the Xuan imperial blood. With hot, enraged tears in his eyes, he tears apart the letter till his knuckles turn white. Throw the crumpled note on the tableside lamp.

 

Jo Yeong's confession to the Xuan prince burnt as Lee Gon muttered the words with his jaws clenching.

“Jo Yeong!”

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

------------------------------------------------------------------

I am back! but temporarily :)