Chapter 2. Downfall

HIM: The Movie

hey guys, it's been ages since I have updated my stories. I was busy with my university graduation stuff. but now I have finally graduated... so here I am with my sorry excuse of a story. LOL.. anyway I hope you will enjoy this story... cz after this one I have more stories to share.

 

 

 

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

 

 

 

 

If Lee Gon had known this day would come, he would never have proposed to join his father. Yet. Here he is, attempting to hide his anxiousness and fear from others as he walks out of the Palace with his father, who is about to return to their country with the Xuan troop.

Gon ignores the sensation that this could be the last time he sees his father, afraid that it would become true. He only has his father as a parent, and he cannot picture his life without him. Gon looks at his father one last time, holding his tears, and the elder extends his arms, and the younger leaps to his hold, curling his arms firmly around his father's armors. Even his father's cold metal armor covering his chest seemed odd to him. King Lee ho kissed his son on the crown of his head, whispering, 'I'll be back soon.' 'Take good care of yourself, my son.'

Lee Gon glances up with teary eyes, still attempting to keep back his emotion, and gives a slight nod.

"Aba mama, don't get yourself hurt." I'll be waiting for you."

The Corean king joins the waiting soldiers after bidding farewell to the empire and empress. Lee Gon stood at the bottom of the stairway leading to the palace, watching his father, their commanders, and Xuan men depart Xuan in the hope of ending the war.

Lee Gon doesn't know how long he stood there staring at the village ahead of him, but after a while, he felt a familiar presence alongside him.

"Your highness, let us go inside now," Ho-pil says, worriedly. Ho-pil was the only soldier left behind him, as his father insisted. The Corean prince saw that, although younger than the other warriors, the guy was competent. And his father encouraged him to continue honing his combat abilities. That is why the Corean King chose to leave the youngest commander with him.

Lee Gon sighed deeply and began climbing the stairs. As he approached the palace, Gon noticed someone standing in front of the door.

"Prince Jo?" Gon speaks as he notices the youngest prince waiting at the door, his new pet sitting beside the youngest foot.

When he hears the older's voice, the younger glances up from his pet, a slight smile on his face. His heart is less melancholy after seeing the youngest innocent smile.

“Prince Lee. Do you have any free time?" Yeong asks, motioning to the young guard beside him to get his pet.

"I guess..." Gon answered, unsure if he wanted to go along with the younger or spend some time alone with himself.

"All right, let's go." The younger prince replied, a little too enthusiastic for whatever he had planned, and began walking toward his chambers.

~

Yeong was aware that the Corean prince was depressed. He can tell by the look on his face. That older is attempting to seem tough in front of others, but he can see through the mask. So Yeong wanted to help older relax a little. He can imagine how terrified older would be. Yeong had read stories of battles and their consequences, as well as what they might do to royals and others.

He is relieved that he can communicate well with Corean. At the very least, with only one familiar face, the prince will not feel isolated throughout his stay.

 

"We've arrived," Yeong said as they reached the royal library, which was stuffed to the brim with bookshelves and scrolls.

"What brings us here, Prince Jo?" Gon asks, but his eyes dart about, sparking.

"I heard you like to read, Prince Lee. I thought you would like to spend some time here. You are welcome to come here at any moment; I have got permission from my mother." Yeong responds with a smile, then turns to face his guard.

"Can you tell the maids to get us some tea and snacks, Hyung?" You can also take a break. We'll be here for a few hours anyway." Looking at Lee Gon, Who is already standing next to a bookshelf, looking for a book, the younger prince remarked.

 

After both personal guards have left them in the library, Yeong looks at the older prince and smiles as he notices the older prince is already deep in a book. He also takes a small poem book, which was his mother's favorite, and sits on the floor beside the older one.

Sensing the presence beside him, Gon raises his head from his book and is confronted by the deep blue eyes of a younger man. As younger blinked, Gon's heart began to race.

“Hyung,” Yeong speaks.

“Huh?” Gon asked, perplexed. His heart continues to race as his mind struggles to focus on what the younger is saying.

"Can I call you 'Hyung'?" With hopeful eyes, Yeong asks. How can anyone resist that look? He nods before realizing he should respond with words so as not to offend the prince.

"Of course, Prince Jo." Gon responds.

“Really? Then, Hyung, you should stop referring to me as "Prince Jo." You can call me 'Yeong.' After all, no one calls me by my Corean name," the younger responds with a pout.

Gon couldn't help but smile as he looked at the younger's pouting mouth.

"All right, then I'll call you 'Yeong.'"

"Thank you, Hyung!"

~

Even with Xuan's assistance, the war has lasted longer than expected. Months had passed since his father had left him Xuan for the war, and he was summoned by the Emperor to gather some information before sending more troops to Corea. Then months become years. During the previous two years, King Lee Ho had sent him a few letters informing him of the battle situation. According to his father, they may finish it quickly, say in a few months, because Japan has begun to weaken due to the strikes. And Gon hopes that it will come true and that the conflict will stop soon.

Gon is eager to visit his father and return to his home. But that thought makes his heartache, as though he doesn't want to leave Xuan. Because, as time passes, Lee Gon begins to fall for the younger. Nothing new was done by the said boy. Yeong is always his cheery and beautiful self. And when he trains in archery or hand-to-hand combat, he appears more daring. They always make the most of their time together. When the younger had lessons, Gon would spend his time in the library, devouring any book and scroll he could get his hands on. And when Yeong gets fighting or archery lessons, he comes along and practices with him.  While his heart races for the younger, he tries his hardest to focus on his training, as his father advised.

 

During his two years in Xuan, Gon witnessed the transformation of Yeong's beauty with his own eyes. The younger is becoming more beautiful and handsome. The boy had begun to grow taller, and his pink cheeks turned to the sharpened jawline and had grown more evident. The younger has a lean physique with just enough muscles to support his strength. And as he grows, his bodily curves grow more permanent. If Gon had struggled to manage his feelings for the last two years, it had suddenly become even more difficult for him. He desired the younger, whenever he saw him.

But Gon knew what would happen if he allowed his instincts to take him. He traveled there to seek assistance for his country. His father is in the midst of a conflict that is nearing its end. Even if the younger prince reciprocates his feelings, the empire will not permit them. Or he might be punished for his feelings for the younger. As a result, Gon makes every effort to conceal his feelings for Yeong. Which is becoming increasingly difficult as time passes.

~

 

After precisely two years and eight months since his father departed Xuan, a messenger arrived at the Xuan palace with a victorious message. Gon was overjoyed as soon as he heard the news, looking forward to seeing his father and returning to his homeland.

Lee Gon considers what to do next after returning to their homeland. How he intends to assist his father in restoring Corea to its former glory. And what they should do next to prevent another conflict from breaking out. Gon had studied everything he needed to know about ruling the kingdom, assisting with the literature in the library, and Xuan Crown Prince. And he intends to use what he knows to restore his country to its former glory.

 

 

But all of his intentions were foiled when the news of the Corean King's death reached the palace. Gon had no idea what had occurred. Especially now that the conflict has been won. In the previous letter, his father stated that he was in good health. Which he received the day following the news of the war's ending. But now? His father became ill unexpectedly while traveling to the Xuan. How could this be?

Lee Gon was unsure whether his father's death was part of the Emperor's plan. However, according to certain rumors, his father died as a consequence of a poisoned bullet used by the Chinese. That's when things began to change, including his feelings for the younger prince.

~

 

Yeong was aware that Lee Gon was having difficulties. He understands the elder even without saying a single word. And he is aware that the elder is avoiding him. As if the dreads having to confront him. It hurts. He was rejected by his crush. Yes, his crush. Yeong had begun to develop feelings for the older prince. He first assumed that was because he was Corean. However, it does not. Yeong, according to his cousin Shin Jae, likes him. It's possible. How could he not fall for such a lovely man? Even though Lee Gon is only a few years his senior, he is far more attractive than any other man he has seen. Also, Yeong is aware of the older's generosity. So it's not his fault that his heart fell for him.

Yeong intended to confess to the older prince. Even he is unsure whether the older prince would accept his feelings. He hopes that older will not despise him for liking him. What if he is only interested in women? Things will be awkward then. And Yeong is still a child, therefore he will be treated as such. So Yeong was thinking about how to express himself without making things difficult for both of them.

But, before anything further could happen, the news of the Corean King's death reached the palace. He's at a loss on what to do now.

 

 

 

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++