Chapter 1. First meeting

HIM: The Movie

 

 

Lee gon had never traveled for that long before. They have been traveling for five days, but his father claims there is still more to go. When his father mentioned traveling to China, Gon wanted to accompany him. King Lee Ho had refused to bring him first, claiming that if he went along and saw him, the Emperor's condition might change.

It is not a rumor that the Xuan Emperor is a cunning ruler. Even though he is friendly to his people, he enjoys playing with their enemies or outsiders. One, in particular, seeks his favor. And no one can predict his conditions in terms of favors. Emperor Cao is well-known for acquiring the most valuable possessions of others. Whether it is useful to him or not.

So King Lee Ho was nervous about facing him. He is aware that the Emperor will not approve his proposal without any conditions. And he is concerned that his son would be affected by this issue. Lee Gon is, after all, his successor. But there is nothing they can do now because they are nearly halfway to the Xuan Empire.

 

"Aba mama," Lee gon sit alongside his father in the tent, taking a little break to nourish their horses. The king is deep in thought and hasn't touched his meal or water.

"Aba mama," the prince says once again, and the monarch turns to face him.

"I'm sorry, I was thinking," King mutters before offering his kid a slight smile.

Lee Gon understands his father's concern for their nation, and with both of them away from the palace, there is a potential that their enemies may assault the palace. Fortunately, they had instructed Court Lady Noh to Princess Se-Jin away from the palace. Lee Gon hopes that nothing bad happens to his sister or the people he cares about.

"I have to tell you something, son." King Lee Ho begins.

"Yes, aba mama."

"The Xuan Emperor is unpredictable, so don't trust him no matter what happens." We are only seeking his assistance. And I'm sure he'll come up with a condition that isn't in our favor. So, I believe you realize that whatever condition he brings up, we must agree with him. This is our only chance.-"

Lee Gon nods, taking his father's words to heart, despite his dislike for the direction their conversation is heading.

"Also, don't give up if something happens to me. But don't make a hasty choice. Improve yourself to the point where no one can predict your moves. Then take action. Understand?” King Lee Ho asks, holding his son's face with both hands. The prince nods, his eyes slowly welling up with tears.

"If something occurred to me, you must accept responsibility for our country and our people." Remember, you are Corea's crown prince and the future King. If that day comes sooner, seek out Court Lady Noh as quickly as possible; she will guide you," the monarch continues.

 

 

 

~

 

Jo Yeong is on his way to his chamber after his martial arts class. His favorite subject is among the things he learns regularly. And, according to his masters, he is excellent at it. Despite his delicate, pretty appearance, his brother Cao Qing frequently joked about his preferring combat. Jo Yeong is aware that his brother is proud, no matter how many times he jokes about it. Perhaps it had something to do with his mother, who was also a warrior and well-known in their country. Yeong realized that learning to defend himself was the greatest method for him to protect himself and others. Knowing his brother, their crown prince isn't a fighter. Cao Qing, on the other hand, is an excellent archer. He envies his brother's ability. Yeong acknowledged that he still has time to progress and surpass his brother.

 

As he walked through the hallways along with Kang Shin Jae, his commander, best friend, and cousin, he noticed the servants busily gossiping among themselves.

"What happened, Hyung?" "Why are they so enthusiastic?" Yeong asks his commander.

"I shall check, your highness." As they entered the prince's chamber, Shin Jae responded.

"All right, go look into it." "I'm going to wash up before going to lunch." As Yeong began to remove his layers of clothing, a servant arrived and informed him that his bath was ready.

 

 

 

~

"So, Hyung, what happened?" Yeong asks his commander as one of his servants helps him with his attire.

"It appears that the Corean King and Crown Prince arrived today." Shin Jae said, causing Yeong to turn around and glance at him with sparkling eyes.

As a half-Corean, Yeong longs to meet more Coreans, but the only Coreans he knows are his mother, grandparents, and cousin Shin Jae. It's no surprise that his father appointed Shin Jae as commander as soon as the other completed his training.

"What brings them here, Hyung?" Yeong asks again, his eagerness concealed, but Shin Jae gives a knowing glance.

"I suppose it's due to the war between them and Japan." Shin Jae responded.

"Right, there's a battle going on." Yeong hums and stands up once the servant has completed putting on his headpiece.

"Come on, Hyung, I'm starving." I suppose Father will contact me after their meeting." Yeong continues, picking up his fan and heading ahead, with Shin Jae close behind.

 

 

 

 

 

~

Lee Gon stood outside the throne room beside the lawn. His father had asked him to remain outside until the emperor summoned him. Lee Gon analyzes his surroundings to calm himself down. The palace is stunning. The palace guards, maids, and other workers look slightly different from theirs. Lee Gon discovered that the Xuan empress is Corean. Also the youngest prince. But he doesn't care since he is anxious to hear the emperor's decision. With the way things were going, he realized they wouldn't have a chance against Japan if the Emperor refused to support them.

While Lee Gon waited for his father's call, he noticed someone wearing bright pink attire strolling through the hallways opposite the garden. He appears to be younger, and his attire and headpiece imply that he is a member of the royal family. Gon searches for glimpses of his face, wondering as to who he is. But before he could look closely, a servant approached him, bearing his father's summons to see him. Lee Gon nods and walks after the servant. But before entering the open doors, he glances back to catch a glimpse of the most beautiful person he's ever seen, before said man disappears into one of the chambers with the guard he came with.

 

 

 

 

 

~

 

 

"Do you want my assistance?" Emperor Cao questions both the Corean King and the Crown Prince.

"Yes, your Majesty. Please help us." King Lee ho responded by bowing.

"Did you know I won't do anything unless I get something?" Emperor Cao asks, his gaze returning to the Corean Crown Prince.

"Your Majesty, yes." That's something I'm aware of. I will do whatever to earn your trust as long as your condition is within my capabilities." Corean King continues.

"You don't have to earn my trust; I was going to assist you anyhow." Because of my queen. since you ask me to assist you, I'm doing it on one condition." Emperor Cao responded with a chuckle, and both Corean royals await his condition.

Emperor Cao smiles as he looks at King Lee Ho and then Lee Gon. Lee Ho, on the other hand, had shivers from that smile. Giving him an odd sense about what they're about to hear.

"I'd want for your son to stay here." The Emperor stated this, forcing the Corean king and prince to gaze at each other.

Lee Gon realizes why his father was so insistent on him coming here. It's evident in his father's eyes. How much he blames himself for bringing him here.

"Oh, don't be concerned. It is not what you assume. You simply have to stay here till the war is over. And I'd like you to spend some time with my youngest son at that time. He is, as you know, partly Corean. I'm sure Cao Ying would appreciate having another Corean friend for a while."

Hearing that, Lee Gon's father let out a little sigh. Lee Gon has no problems if the condition is indeed this. Spending a few months away from his nation will not be a hardship, because it will be for the benefit of his country. Lee gon nods to his father, indicating that he is fine with it. After glancing at his son for a while, King Lee ho turns to face the Emperor.

“Yes, your majesty. We will accept your condition.”

 

 

~

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Following their audience with the Emperor, they were treated as honorable guests. Lee Gon spent the following two days going around the palace, once with Cao Qing, which introduced himself as the Crown Prince. King Lee Ho was preoccupied with strategic talks with the Emperor and his commanders.

Even though the Emperor stated that Lee Gon must spend time with the youngest prince, he has yet to meet him. While walking with Xuan Crown Prince, Lee Gon discovered that his younger brother, the youngest prince, enjoys meeting the Corean people. He also boasted that despite being five years younger, his brother Cao Ying, better known as Jo Yeong, is extremely accomplished in a range of aspects.

During his time in Xuan, Crown Prince Cao Qing invited him to a training session. And, despite his desire to politely decline the offer, he recalls what his father said. So Lee Gon accepts the opportunity to train with princes to improve himself, as his father advised.

 

Lee Gon lies restless in his bed on the second day at Xuan. His father had yet to return from his meetings. He knows how hard his father worked to find the best and quickest solution to ending the war. The lower the harm, the lower the burden.

Lee Gon let his mind wander while waiting for sleep to creep in, and his mind stopped at the recollections of the boy he saw the first day he arrived at Xuan. He was absolutely beautiful. Even though he didn't get a complete look at that boy's beauty, he's sure he's gorgeous. Lee Gon hoped to see him again and he wanted to get to know that boy. He recalls the boy laughing with his commander. As he smiles, his eyes form a crescent moon shape.

Lee Gon groans. What is he doing? He has come to serve his country. Not for chasing, pretty boy... he sighs again and sits up, wide awake as a consequence of the pretty boy.

Lee Gon exits the room, draping his outer robe over his nightwear. The guard in front of his room stops him and asks where he is going at this time. But after explaining that he needed some fresh air, he was permitted to leave his guest room, with the guard following him.

 

He wanders around the lawn near his room and notices a trail that leads to a tiny pond. Knowing he won't be able to sleep, he walks over to the pond and sits on the large stone near it. The moon shines brilliantly, providing enough light to see without a lamp. The moonlight shines on the black pond. Lee Gon gazes at it, seeking solace in the peace of nature.

 

Lee Gon was so focused on his peace that he almost missed the slight sound of footsteps approaching ponds. He looks to see whether anyone else is up in the middle of the night. A boy emerges from the opposite side of the pond, clutching a small puppy.

The boy sat on the lawn with the puppy. Lee gon can't see the boy's face since he's a few meters away, but he glances at the boy, who is now playing with a small dog alongside a pond in the middle of the night. His outfit is a plain pale blue. And he had long hair. Lee gon notices the boy's fair complexion. The boy suddenly turns toward him, his gaze fixed on his pet.

Lee Gon was stunned by the beauty on the opposite side of the pond. This is the same boy he saw on the first day. The same one causes his mind was repeating the image. Lee Gon felt he should go back to his guest room since his father could be waiting for him, but he only gazed at the boy as he played with the dog, completely unaware of his gaze. He continued to observe the gorgeous boy until one of the commanders, the same one he had seen previously, arrived and took him back to wherever he had come from.

 

~

 

 

Lee Gon was awakened by his father, who informed him that it was past his usual waking hour and that they should be ready to greet the Emperor and his family. Lee Gon was informed that the Emperor had invited them to breakfast.

 

Lee Ho stops his son before leaving the room after he has had a bath and gotten ready with the aid of their attendants.

"Son, I'm returning tomorrow." King Lee Ho said to Gon. The Prince stares at his father, knowing this day will come. But he is still unable to prepare for this time.

"Don't worry, we still have today." I simply wanted to let you know ahead of time. And keep in mind what I mentioned before getting here. Understand?” Lee Gon nods as the King asks.

King Lee Ho glances at his son and, with a breathy chuckle, wipes Gon's tears that had begun to fall.

"Be brave, my son; I will return to take you," I promise it. Just give it a couple of months." The King continues. Lee Gon nods once again, not trusting his voice.

"All right, now stop crying." You should not approach the Emperor with a swollen face. Go wash your face fast since we're running late." King said, shoving him inside the room.

 

 

 

 

 

 

~

Even though they were late, when they arrived at the dining hall, only the Crown Prince and Queen were there, waiting for others. Lee Gon sits on the chair next to his father, showing respect to the queen and prince.

"Are you the Crown Prince? I heard you're younger than our Cao Qing," Queen Jo Hye In remarks, in flawless Corean.

"Yes, your highness." Lee Gon responds with a little smile.

"What's your name, son?" With a warm smile, the Queen asks. She is reminiscent of his late mother.

"It's Lee Gon, your Highness." Gon responded.

"Your name fits you perfectly, Handsome and tall. I am pleased to see that the future monarch of my motherland is quite attractive." The Queen responds with a grin.

"Thank you, your highness." Gon politely bows.

Before they can continue their conversation, the doors open and the Emperor enters, accompanied by a boy who is enthusiastically talking to him. Lee Gon's heart freezes for a minute as he looks at the boy; this is the same boy from yesterday. So he was the emperor's youngest prince.

The boy is stunning. He can see his attractiveness now that there is enough light. Pale complexion, long black hair, big eyelashes, and beautiful red lips. Lee Gon had never seen a more beautiful human being in his sixteen years of existence. Lee Gon is aware that the younger prince is still a child at heart, but he is unconcerned. It piqued his interest in learning more about this prince.

"Good morning, everyone." As he approaches the head of the table and sits down, the Emperor says.

Cao Ying or Jo Yeong, the youngest prince, bows to them before taking a seat near his brother, still smiling as he enters the chamber.

"I was wondering as to why you were late today." Looking at her youngest son, the Queen said in Chinese. The boy merely smiles at her.

"I know why he is late." Cao Qing smirked at his brother and responded. "-he wanted to know whether he could keep the puppy he discovered yesterday." Before Yeong can say anything, the crown prince adds.

Gé~” Yeong whines, looking at his mother with a nervous smile.

Puppy? "Where did you get a puppy?" Queen ponder, perplexed.

It’s okay Hye-In he can keep it. It's just a puppy." The Xuan emperor remarked to the queen, surprising Lee Gon with the warmth in his voice. He is nothing like the look he gave them on their first meeting.

"All right, you can keep it. But you can't avoid your lessons. "All right?" the queen asks.

"Ma, I am no longer a child... I'm not going to miss lessons." Yeong pouts at his mother.

 

Lee gon and his father stayed quiet during the entire session. After all, it was a private moment for the Emperor's family. Lee Gon, on the other hand, can see how much the youngest prince in his family is adored. He figures no one can resist the younger prince's charms.

 

"Ying, here is Corean King Lee Ho and Crown Prince Lee Gon." The emperor introduces them to the youngest prince, who stands and bows with a wide smile to them.

"It's a pleasure to meet you, your highness, and prince Lee." Yeong greets them in fluent Corean.

"-and Crown Prince Lee Gon will stay here for a while." "You can spend your time with him, son," Emperor Cao added with a smile, widening the boy's smile even further.

"Really?" he exclaims, turning to face Lee Gon. Lee Gon felt frozen as the younger focused his gaze on him. But then his lips twist into a bashful smile as he clears his throat and responds with a small, 'yes.'

 

Lee Gon's heart raced like it was about to explode when he saw Jo Yeong's beautiful smile hearing his response. That's when the Corean Crown Prince realized he'd messed up big time.

 

 

 

+++++++++++++++++++++++

 

 

 

I hope you guys enjoy this story. and will leave comments, even a short one. your responses are what make me keep writing.