003

Golden Girl

Beep... Beep... Beep...

 

Miyeon hated hospitals. She always had since her powers developed. It's hard for someone s soft hearted as her to hear so many people suffering at once. "Thanks again for getting me in where fans won't see. I owe you." 

 

Miyeon had seen the EMT who helped her last week and asked if he could help her get to the hospital. She knew if she went as Miyeon it wouldn't make sense but she also didn't want to get spotted. 

 

He smiled at her. "No thank you you saved two lives just that night. And who knows how many you've saved overall. Anything you need or want I'll help with." Miyeon smiled the enthusiastic man. "Thank you Mr.Kim." She bowed. 

 

"No call me Kibum oppa since we're friends now...Don't worry I won't try to find out who you are." She smiled. "Well then thank you Kibum oppa. Have a good rest of your shift." She bowed to the man before knocking on the door to the room. 

 

Knock... Knock... Knock...

 

"Come in." She heard a familiar voice. Miyeon entered the room a bouquet of flowers in one hand and a bouquet of little plush Stitch toys in the other. "Hello how are e feeling?" She smiled at the little girl sitting at the foot of her eommas bed coloring. 

 

"Golden girl!" She jumped up and held her arms for a hug. Miyeon chuckled and hugged the little girl. "I see you're doing fine. And you ma'am?" She looked at the woman in bed. She had bandages all over as well as a cast on her left arm. "Oh me I'm fine thanks to you of course." She sat up hissing from the pain. Miyeon sat the flowers on the table. "Hey be careful." She fluffed up the pillow behind the woman. 

 

Once the woman was settled she held the flowers up. "I brought these. An apology for not sticking around and making sure you're okay." She woman scoffed smiling at her. "You pull me and my daughter out of a burning building then apologize cause you were to injured to stay? You're a strange cookie Golden girl. My name is Chaerin. You met my daughter Chaeyoung... Thank you so much. And really please don't feel guilty for not being able to stay. My wife was apparently outside fighting with the firefighters to go get us." She chuckled. 

 

The door opened and a small woman rushed in. "Okay I got your change of clothes and... Oh we have a visitor. Hello Golden girl My name is Dara it's a pleasure to meet you. Thank you so much for saving my family. If there's anything we can do to thank you..." Miyeon smiled. "Please I do it because it's only right. You really don't have to do anything for me." She bowed. She heard her phone ringing and widened her eyes. She bowed again. "I have to take this." 

 

"Shuhua is having a fit." Miyeon was concerned. "Why what's wrong?" Minnie could be heard in the background. "I said I don't know about any other woman! Get that thing away from me Yeh Shuhua!" Yuqi sighed. "She saw you buy flowers and not bring them to her and she started wondering who you were giving them to. When you didn't answer... Just hurry back please." Miyeon sighed. "I'm kinda at the hospital right now. I'm about thirty minutes away can you calm her down til I get there?" Yuqi was concerned. "Why are you in the hospital? Are you okay?" 

 

"Who are you talking to Yuqi?! Is Miyeon in the hospital?" Shuhua took wrestled Yuqi's phone from her hand. "Yah Cho Miyeon what are you doing in the hospital?! Which one are you at I'm coming now?" Miyeon sighed. "I'm just visiting someone. Listen I'll be home soon okay? Calm down please I don't want to have to visit another friend in the hospital." She joked. 

 

She hung up and sighed. "Well that's my que to leave. I'm glad to see you're doing better both of you. And nice to meet you as well." She spoke to Dara. The older woman gave her a business card. "If you do end up needing anything." Miyeon bowed and thanked her before going to the window. 

 

She got ready to jump out but quickly turned to the little girl. "Chaeyoung? You see what this crazy unnie is about to do? Never ever try it got it? I can only do it cause my powers." Chaerin laughed at her attempt to not be a bad influence. Miyeon waved and dove out the window landing on the roof of the next building about twenty feet down. The next drop was a little higher but she made it fine. Once on the ground she could run straight home.  

 

Minnie met her behind a nearby gas station with a change of clothes. "Quick I'll make sure no one comes down here." Miyeon took off the golden girl costume shoving it in Minnie's bag she brought. She was in shorts and a tank top as she quickly slid on a hoodie. Minnie forgot to bring pants in her hurry but at least she had her shorts. "Okay you go first I'll be there soon." 

 

 Miyeon walked into the apartment a little bit later. "Hey I'm back sorry." Shuhua stared at her with an unreadable face. She just walked into their room and grabbed a pillow and extra blanket taking them to the couch. "What are you doing?" Miyeon asked. "Making your bed for you." Shuhua said as if it were obvious. "Shu... Hey what's gotten into you? You don't trust me?" Shuhua looked at her and crossed her arms. "Where's your pants? You left without saying anything to anyone. I was worried! You wouldn't answer your phone! And here you are coming home without pants?!"

 

Miyeon was taken aback my this. 'Is she really jealous? She seems jealous.' "Shuhua I..." Soyeon the ever vigilant came in and hugged Shuhua as she looked like she was gonna cry. "Hey calm down. I know what you're thinking Miyeon would never betray your trust like that... If only you could see the way she looks at you you'd know she only sees you." 

 

Shuhua finally calmed down and wiped the tears that almost escaped her eyes. "Are you okay at least? You're not the reason you ended up in the hospital?" Miyeon sat beside her and opened her arms. Shuhua hesitantly climbed into her arms still a little upset about everything. 

 

"I told you I was visiting someone. One of the victims of the burning building last week used to be my babysitter." She lied immediately feeling guilty. "I saw her face on the reports and I had to go make sure she was okay." She smiled. "The flowers were for her. Did you see the other one?" Shuhua nodded. "I didn't see what was inside. "Little plushies of stitch. For her daughter." Shuhua stared at her "Well now I'm extra jealous. Where's my stitch plushies?" She joked. "I'm sorry... I shouldn't have reacted like that." 

 

Miyeon smiled softly. "Does this mean I'm forgiven?" Miyeon asked. Shuhua blushed a bit embarrassed by her irrational behavior. "Yeah I guess." She mumbled. Miyeon hugged her holding onto her tightly. Shuhua rested her head on Miyeons shoulder. 'Why was I so upset? I did tell her she could go after the girl she loves. Maybe I should make this easier on her and we can stage a break up. But I'm kinda liking this...' 

 

"Hey Myeon Unnie..." Shuhua looked up at Miyeon. The older girl smiled at her. "Yes Shu?" Shuhua felt a bit nervous asking. "Will you tell me about the girl you're in love with?" Miyeon was a little shocked. "Oh uhh why what did you want to know." Shuhua shrugged. "Just want to know what my Unnie likes. That way when we stop the relationship thing I can know who."

 

Miyeon looked a bit sad. "Ah yeah when we stop the relationship..." She sighed softly. "Well she's only a little bit shorter than me but something about the way she carries herself makes her seem like a giant to me. She's got beautiful long hair and she refuses to do anything to it. She's got a cute accent I could listen to her talk for hours. Her eyes they betray all of her thoughts with a single look. And I think I could get lost in then forever. Shes very straightforward about her feelings and will confess her love to them a thousand times a day...But it hurts a bit when the words aren't directed at me..." She sighed but showed Shuhua a smile. 

 

"Oh Unnie..." Shuhua could tell by the look in her eyes that Miyeon really loved this woman. She felt something in the pit of her stomach. She took the older womans hand. "I won't ask anymore I don't like seeing you look so hopeless..." Miyeon smiled. bit. "It's okay if I love her and she doesn't feel the same. I would do anything for her. Even if she doesn't love me back I will continue this way. For the simple fact that to see her happy makes everything just a little better." She smiled. 

 

Shuhuas heart was beating fast as she stared at Miyeon. "So what about you any progress with sooj-" Miyeon was cut off as Shuhua suddenly kissed her. The younger woman caught up in her feelings cupped Miyeons cheeks breaking the kiss. "Forget about her. Both of them." She dove in to kiss again. Miyeon had just began to respond to the kiss when Shuhua realized what she was doing. "U-unnie I'm sorry I-" She jumped up and ran out of the apartment. Miyeon was sat there in shock. 

 

Minnie walked in first followed by the rest. "Hey where's Shuhua going in such a hurry she looks upset. Why do you look upset? did you two really have a fight?" Miyeon didn't realize it but she had tears running down her eyes. "I uh... No we didn't fight. Can't fight if we're not really dating." She chuckled bitterly but not at Shuhua never at Shuhua. "Anyway I should go after her." She stood up and wiped her eyes before going to her room to grab something. She came out with a bag and Minnie knew exactly what was inside. 

 

She pulled Miyeon to the side whispering. "Miyeon what happened? And what do you mean not actually dating? Don't try to pull some bs on me I can see the look in your eyes." Miyeon chuckled. "I'll explain later. I gotta go make sure she's okay you know how she is when she's upset she forgets Korean gets lost it's not safe." Miyeon walked out the door with the bag over one shoulder. To anyone but her friends she looked like she was fine. But they could see the way her eyes glazed over the same way they always did when Shuhua used to reject her affection. Miyeon was not okay.