001

Golden Girl

Miyeon heard a knock on the door she quickly put her sweater on over her gold colored shirt and buttoned up her jeans. She didn't bother to fix her hair and forgot about the cut on her lip. She opened the door and saw Shuhua. 

 

The younger girl stood there crying drenched from the rain. Suddenly nothing else mattered to her. "Unnie..." Shuhua sniffled. "Wait Unnie what happened to your lip? And why is your hair so wet?" Miyeon hummed. "Oh this I just slipped in the shower I'm fine..." Miyeon pulled her into the house. "Go get a towel I'll make you some hot chocolate." Shuhua nodded and went to dry off before going to Miyeons room to steal her favorite blanket. 

 

Miyeon walked back into the living room with a sigh seeing Shuhua in so much pain. "You really should let her go Shu..." Shuhua looked up at her teary eyed. "But unnie..." Miyeon sat the hot chocolate down and pulled the girl close wrapping her arms around her. 

 

After a while of silence Shuhua had finally calmed down. "Unnie...I want your help..." Miyeon nodded. "What is it name it and I'll do it." Shuhua looked up at her. "Will you pretend to be my girlfriend? I need to see if Soojin unnie has any feelings for me at all." 

 

Miyeon looked at her. She didn't answer for a moment. 'Oh yeah what a good idea. Fake date the girl you've been in love with for a while. It's a good idea. Absolutely not Cho Miyeon you'll get your hopes up!' "Yeah I guess if that's what you want." '!' Shuhua smiled at her. "I can't wait to see how jealous she'll get when she sees me holding your hand and cuddling you. And maybe even kissing if you're okay with it unnie." 

 

Miyeon would be okay with it under very different circumstances. But she didn't know if she could here it felt like taking advantage of the girl. "Nuh uh Yeh Shuhua. Keep your lips to yourself. The closest you'll get to a kiss from me is my cheek. Got it?" Shuhua nodded. "I hope she will believe it!" 

 

The following week they met up as usual for lunch. "So Minnie and I were talking. We're tired of sneaking in and out of each other's dorms. So what if when the new semester starts we all move into an apartment?" Yuqi smiled hopefully at the group. Soojin raised an eyebrow. "Why do you need us to move in with you?" Yuqi hummed. "Well the only apartments close only have three bedrooms available when we need them." 

 

Soojin nodded. "So we have to have a roommate? Please don't stick me with Shuhua she never cleans!" Shuhua looked a little hurt but too Miyeons hand in hers. "Well I guess it's time we tell them then?" She looked at Miyeon. The older woman had zoned out looking at their hands. It was common knowledge to everyone but Shuhua that she had feelings for the younger girl. 

 

She came to with Shuhuas fingers snapping in her ear. "Earth to Myeon!" Miyeon looked up blushing. "Sorry I uh... I got distracted... What were we talking about?" Minnie wiggled her eyebrows playfully. "You and Shuhua we're gonna tell us something?" 

 

Miyeon smiled shyly her free hand finding it's way to the back of her neck playing with the baby hairs at it's base. "Oh yeah uhh. I finally got up the courage to ask her out. We've been dating for what two we-" Shuhua cut her off. "Months two months Myeon. You know what they say time flies by when you're having fun." Shuhua gazed at the older woman lovingly. It almost looked real if she didn't know any better. "Yeah it does..." Her eyes drifted from Shuhuas eyes to her lips. 

 

"Hey! No making out with the makne at the table! We're trying to eat!" Soyeon complained her protective side coming out for Shuhua. She hugged the taiwanese girl glaring at Miyeon. "I-I wasn't going to..." Minnie laughed across the table. "Come one Ramiyeon. You were practically trying to seduce her with your eyes." 

 

Soyeon glared more at Miyeon. "That's it I'm rooming with Shuhua you and Soojin can room together." Soyeon yelped suddenly. "Let the couple share a room. If not and I walk in the room and see them fu-" Soyeon widened her eyes cutting her off with her hand pressed firmly against the taller woman's mouth. 

 

"You win they can room together...But I swear to you Cho Miyeon if I see a single mark on her Or hear a single noise!" She stood pointing at the oldest threateningly. Miyeon raised her hands in surrender. "I'm the cuddly type. She's the one who likes to get ha-" Shuhua covered . "Cho Miyeon! Not another word or no cuddling for a week." Miyeon showed her puppy eyes. Shuhua kissed her cheek and moved her hand. Miyeon responded to this by blushing. 

 

Minnie whispered to Yuqi not so quietly. "I win you owe me a massage." Yuqi pouted. "That means nothing!" Minnie pouted back. "That seemed like something a top would do to me." Everyone else stared at them in horror. "What the hell?! A top?!" Soojin yelled at them causing everyone to look.bShe noticed and her face turned red from embarrassment. She mentally debated if she needed new friends. After a few seconds she sat down crossing her arms her eyes piercing into the couples souls. "Wanna explain yourselves?"

 

Yuqi then went on a long winded rant about how she and Minnie had ranked their friend group on who could top who. "But see I thought Miyeon unnie would definitely be the first like the top top. Like maybe she could even top Minnie. But apparently she's below Shuhua literally and figuratively. And now I'm starting to think that maybe I could top her cause I could totally top Shuhua-" Shuhua snorted. "You could try but we all know who'd be in charge." Soojin just got up and left the table. Soyeon followed her shaking her head. 

 

While Shuhua and Yuqi argued over who the top out of them would be Minnie leaned to Miyeon. "So what's your theory?" Miyeon thought for a second. "You then me Soyeon Soojin Yuqi Shuhua." Minnie laughed. "So you are the top after all?" 

 

They watched the two from the bottom of the list argue while they ate. "Who's gonna tell them that neither of them could top anyone?" Miyeon hummed. "Yuqi's voice is pretty deep she might be able to trick anyone who doesn't already know what a baby she is into thinking she's a top." Minnie nodded. "Touché I like the way you think Ramiyeon. So you and Shuhua are just two months into dating and you're gonna move in together. How's it feel?" Miyeon looked down at the table focusing hard. "I won't lie I'm nervous." 

 

Miyeon saw her phone ringing but was currently holding down a purse theif. "Stop fighting! I could accidentally snap your neck if you're not careful." The man gulped and stopped moving. Miyeon tied him up and grabbed the purse putting it on her shoulder. She easily picked the man up. 

 

She walked with him over her shoulder and returned the purse to the old woman it belonged to. "Thank you golden girl! I should repay you..." 

 

The old woman moved slowly as she was easily in her eighties. "No ma'am I can't take-" The old woman took Miyeons hand placing a small piece of candy in it closing her fist around it. "There you go sweetheart. Have a good night get home safe... And eat something you're to skinny it can't be good for you." She said as a typical grandma would. 

 

Miyeon smiled softly bowing to her. She looked at the small butterscotch candy in her hand and chuckled tossing it up on the air and catching it again. She shoved it in her pocket as she noticed the sun coming up. "Time to get back..." 

 

Miyeon climbed into the window trying to be quiet. She thought she had successfully snuck past her sleeping roommate til she heard the oh so familiar voice. "Miyeon? What are you wearing? And why is it so shiny?" 

 

The sleepy Thai girl sat up in her bed staring at her then it finally registered. "Wait... You're... That explains... So first you're dating the makne and not telling your best friend. And now you're golden girl!? And you didn't think I should know?!" 

 

Minnie was pissed. "What if something happened to you and I watched you almost die on TV only to find out later that it is in fact my best friend who almost died in front of my eyes!?" There were tears running down her face. Miyeon went to her hugging her. "I'm sorry I'm really sorry." Minnie punched her arm. "I hate you so much right now!" She hugged back.