Merry Christmas

Our Life
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Year-end festive is around the corner, and a bundle of variety shows is aired to cater for the merrier theme in the town. "Babe, I'm back" Sojung announces after her network broadcast. Yerin is dozing on the sofa with her attire on.

Yerin only hums in response as she is too tired to move. The actress-model put neatly her boots and the coat on the hanger and walked over to her lover with their pets jumping up and down excitedly as the door opens, revealing their owner is back.

She lounges with Yerin, and the latter snuggles near the source of the walking heater. In order to allow Yerin to rest quietly, Sojung lowers the volume of the TV. It must be so tiring to host a grand award ceremony last night and a noon schedule straight.

Yerin buried herself further in Sojung’s arms. Thanks to her long limbs she managed to reach the folded blanket in the corner of the sofa. It is warmer than wearing only thin clothes.

Looking at the snow outside, she begins to drowse too.

Sojung wakes up after hearing some clinking sounds coming from the open kitchen. The space beside is already gone, Yerin is holding two red mugs filled with hot chocolate.

“It is nice to have hot chocolate these days,” she replies with a warm smile and takes over the mug. The marshmallow topping is a different size.

"Does the bar have any special Christmas recipes? The topping is different.” Sojung notices it and asks if Yerin will serve the newly introduced snack and drinks at the bar to Sojung when she is free.

“Yeah, Lucas sent me the Christmas-themed recipes at the beginning of the month, but it is almost over," Yerin puts down the mug and takes the nicely decorated paper bag along to the tea table. “And here are the cookies I baked during the live stream. The teacher said that I could bring them back.”

She squeals with delight as she takes the gingerbread Yerin to give her. “You’re even cuter, my super cutie pie,” Yerin pinches the pouting cheeks of Sojung.

"So, what have you done in your live? It's too late for me, I'm too tired," she tucks Happy into the blanket she's wrapped in. Meonji is already curling up in his owner’s lap.

“I did a wreath, and the teacher praised me for having a dab hand at it,” Sojung pulls it out and shows it to Yerin. You have a keen sense of colour; the colour suits our house door. I’ll hang it up later.”

“You want to hang it? Do you look as tall as me?” Sojung teases the all-round entertainer.

“3 cm is enough,” she fakes her anger and proudly declares their height difference, saying it is almost the same. Sojung has a pleasant laugh, and Meonji slightly tilts his head due to the vibration of her laughter. Her lips are pouty as she whines.

“Okay, okay. My 169cm-tall-chick, the task of hanging up the Christmas wreath is handed over to you ya,” Sojung announces the chore to Yerin.

-

" It's time to wake up. We need to go to the bazaar. We had promised Umji a month ago,” Sojung tries to wake Yerin up in several ways to keep the date.

Sojung piles on top of Yerin, applying some slight force in order to wake her. "C'mon, this is our only date this week," she says to her.

“Start button, please?”

Sojung kisses Yerin on the lips as the latter tells her the ultimate way, yet Yerin turns Sojung down in a transient strength and starts to tickle the taller one.

“Hey! Hey! We’re gonna be late if we continue like this,” their carefree laugh echoed in the bedroom.

Fully disguised as a passerby, Sojung drives to the town bazaar where Umji had sent the location earlier to her. There are only a few people preparing to open the booth. It was their only free day, and they chose this day as a Christmas date. Umji had also promised that if the crowd was smaller, they could enjoy the event.

Eunha drives Umji there early in the morning and accompanies her to ensure everything is okay. Umji is shy and nervous about meeting the crowd. The whole time, Eunha is there to ensure she is okay.

In addition to helping in and out of the booth's needs, the showbiz couple attempts to get their working passes from Umji. As the sun moves toward the middle of the sky, the flow of people increases.

While Yerin is busy sto

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter