The ring (1)

Our Life
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

In the apartment, Yerin is packing their things for a short getaway with their close friends at the chalet. The place is sparsely populated and they can be themselves freely without always worrying about their image in public.

She sits on the stool in front of the dresser, the drawer is slid out to the end, and a velvety box lies at the terminal end. The box is worn out as she brings it where she goes, expecting not to miss any good opportunity to propose to Sojung.

Although Sojung had proposed to her months ago, she insists that she do the same to Sojung. No woman doesn't look forward to a romantic proposal from her future spouse. She wants to give it to Sojung but there is no right time since they returned from their last overseas vacation.

The pets cheer as someone enters the void, she quickly grabs and stuffs it into the deepest part of her backpack, she can't let Sojung find it out. "Yerin, are you done?" the question arrived before the tired voice reached her side.

"Yea! Almost done," she yells back and speeds up. Sojung enters the room. Meonji and Happy are following her too, their tails wagging to welcome the return of one of the owners.

"Hey, baby," Sojung snuggles Yerin from behind. She needs an instant recharge after the tiring schedule ended just now. They take the chance to escape from the city before another wave of jobs comes.

Taking their packs to their car and setting the pups in the backseat, Sojung naturally gets into the driver's seat. This is as usual when they date together. She assumes Yerin will get in the passenger seat at the same time. Her door is about to close, but Yerin's hand prevents her from doing so.

"Get to the other side, I'll drive today. The journey is long enough beyond your fatigue level, you can't withstand it."

"You are just so good to me," Sojung pinches Yerin's cheeks then switches to the next.

"Just nap, I'll tell you whenever we reach. The schedules these days were too tiring for you," she gives a light peck on the actress-model's forehead and resumes to the wheel.

"Wake me up if you need help."

"No worries."

It takes two hours to reach the town where the chalet they reserved, Sojung feels the car stop and makes her aware of it, their pets behind slightly lift their head too to see what is going on.

It turns out that their car is stopped in a parking lot and Yerin is coming out from the grocery shop not far from the car. Her hand is full of bags of things. Yerin opens the trunk skillfully and places the bags in it.

She returns and finds Sojung awake, groggily looking at the driver at wheel today.

In preparation for the route, Yerin asks, "Do you rest well?".

She shakes her head to answer Yerin. "Just a while, the chalet is fifteen minutes away," she pats her head gently. "They called me to buy something that lacks for the meals just now. Do you need something to sober up?"

"No..."

"It's okay. The dogs are impatient now," she laughs while looking at Meonji and Happy behind. They wag their tails.

They reach the chalet at the estimated time, and Sojung and Yerin move their baggage in. The model-actress slumps and then falls into a deep slumber as her body touches the bed, while Yerin is taking care of their pets. The bed is more comfortable than a car seat.

"Hey, Yerin!" Her friends wave with a leash, they have a pet dog too. Yerin heard it and walks to them with theirs and gave one of the leashes to the one that did not have one.

"SinB,

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter