Chapter 4 : The Mysterious One

Sweet Lies

“So that who Tao was eager to meet with, huh. I can see now why he wants her.” 

 

After introducing yourself, you quickly sit back on your seat while furiously blushing. There’s just something about taking off your face mask that makes you embarrassed, so you just decided not to take it off unless an authority figure make you.

 

Soon the class started, quickly taking out your textbook and a note book to make sure you’re not leaving any explanation that Sir Henry gave on how to get full marks on the upcoming exam. You aren’t exactly a hardworking student but you just don’t like failing things as academic validation clearly has a grip on you. Continuing to take notes, you didn’t notice one pair of eyes looking at you ever since you introduced yourself. 

 

As you were taking notes you accidentally dropped one of your pens, crouching down to grab it you suddenly hear a shuffling noise behind you. Turning your back to see what the shuffling sound was, you were shocked to see Kai shielding your behind with his school jacket while glaring everyone who had their eyes on you. Realising that your skirt was actually has ridden up to your upper thigh you quickly pull your skirt down blushing furiously at the same time.

 

Seeing that you have already pull your skirt down as you are getting back to your seat, Kai who are still standing suddenly put his jacket on your lap. You were not sure if it was because the weather was a little cold today or because your skirt was too short but if you have to choose it was probably the latter.

 

“Thanks, Kai." muttered you slowly while flashing your eye smile to him as a sign of appreciation.

 

“No problem, dummy. But make sure to not crouch down when I’m not around.” said Kai winking jokingly.

 

Finally, the class end and thank god it was lunch because you were so hungry as you didn’t get to eat any breakfast earlier. Packing your books, you were about to walk back to your locker when you notice Kai who was sleeping the whole time. Sitting back on your seat you turn your chair around to look at the sleeping boy while fighting the urge to poke his fluffy hair which you decided that you’re just going to brush it off his face lightly, at first you were thinking of waking him up but then seeing a barely noticeable dark circles under his eyes you felt guilty if you wake him up now. 

 

‘Maybe letting him sleep for a few minutes more won’t hurt.’ 

 

A few minutes passed, worrying that Kai would be hungry if he didn’t eat anything you think that it’s a good time to wake him up. As you were trying woke him up by poking his shoulder a deep baritone voice suddenly said.

 

“You really think that you can wake him up by poking him?” said the deep baritone voice in amusement.

 

Looking up at the dark shadows that looms over you and Kai, you noticed that the voice belonged to one of the boys that joined Sir Henry class late earlier.

 

“Kai don’t like people disturbing his sleep, you know?” said the tall man again.

 

Taking a look his appearance you realized how handsome this man is with his jet black hair plus this man is a giant, he’s a bit taller than Kai and Tao. And here you thought that both Kai and Tao’s height was the tallest person that you’ve ever seen in this school. Finally gained the courage to reply to that man’s question. 

 

“But, what if he gets hungry later?” said you muttering slowly.

 

“You can wake him if you want to, but don’t blame me for not warning you.” said the tall man again while brushing his dark jet black hair back that really compliment his pale skin.

 

“Alright then.” gently shaking Kai’s shoulder back and forth, you try to wake Kai up. After a few endless minutes of shaking the tanned man who CLEARLY don’t wanna wake up, you finally picked up the courage to speak a little bit louder.

 

“Kai, wake up!” said you. Finally regaining his consciousness Kai was still trying to process whose voice it is that are trying to wake him from his deep slumber. As he was about to angrily tell whoever the that dares to wake him up to off, he finally see your face that are still nudging him slowly.

 

“I’m up, I’m up.” said Kai laughing sweetly at you seeing you trying your hardest to wake him up while rubbing his eyes like a toddler who just woke up from his nap.

 

“You sleep like a log. I thought that you won’t wake up.” said you sighing while shaking your head like a disappointed mother.

 

“I didn’t get much sleep last night heh, sorry.” said him smiling sheepishly.

 

“It’s okay, but you better go and eat your lunch before the break is over.” 

 

“But I want to eat my lunch with you.” said Kai again while pulling the end of your shirt.

 

“Alright.” said you smiling slightly.

 

“Never in my life do I ever thought that I would see this side of the infamous Kim Kai.” 

 

As the voice speaks, the taller man from earlier who you and both Kai didn’t notice were clapping slowly with amusement apparent on his face. With his broad shoulders leaning back against the wall while standing like a goddamn model, he smirks.

 

“What the are you doing here, Sehun.” 

 

“Just enjoying the view.” said him with his eyes on you.

 

Diverting your eyes to look at Kai, you see him glaring at Sehun with the coldest face that you’ve ever seen him made. Standing from his seat, Kai walk towards the taller man grabbing his collar harshly. Seeing the situations quickly escalated you immediately stand up, not really wanting do anything if Kai didn’t make any rash decisions but still getting yourself ready to pull the him off if they got into a fight. You don't really consider yourself as someone strong but you sure as hell can pull Kai away from the pale man or Sehun if you want to.

 

“Woah, calm down bro. No need to get so worked up.”said Sehun putting both of his hands up as to surrender with a playful smirk still attached on his face. 

 

"I ing dare you to look at her one more time." said Kai seethingly clenching his jaw.

 

"Maybe I will." said Sehun.

 

Still holding Sehun's collar tightly, as Kai was about to throw the first punch. You quickly walked towards Kai and grabbed his hand mid-air. Glaring at both of them, as if challenging them to say anything about your action.

 

"You pale boy, knock it off. I don't have time for both of you to fight, if you truly wanna fight then fight after lunch is over because I'm ing hungry." said you with your stomach grumbling slowly. Not noticing the heavy footsteps, all three of you were caught off guard as a deep voice boomed across the class.

 

“What the is going on here.”