seven 🍓

Stay by my side
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

-continuation of previous chapter-

 

---- That night Baek promise her to call but he didn’t and vanished for one week neither messages nor he visits the coffee shop.

At first three days without any trace of the puppy eyed man, the Lady Boss waited and tried to understand his situation that he might catch up with his idol status problem but day passes she naturally accept the fact he can easily forget about her, at the end she is just a mere foreign acquaintance. Easy to forget and to replace, the thought of it leaves a heavy feeling to her chest.

But the truth is Baekhyun broke his phone and lost her contact, again. No matter how much he wants to talk and meet her immediately the group schedules and his solo endeavors as an idol are hindering him. He barely sleeps straight for 8 hours or even uses his new phone for an hour in the entire week.

 He is like deprived and stressed puppy, a cup of iced Americano from the usual shop they ordering are tasted like sand to his tongue and does not enough to waken his tired body. He missed the certain cup of iced coffee he enjoyed for hours and he misses the most the strict and serious face of the lady owning that shop. And he can’t do anything to solve his problem; the today schedule ends at dawn.

--

The chilly breeze of the incoming winter is harshly slapping into the face of the Lady Boss, gathering her handful of hair to the left side of her neck, quickly she stride aiming to enter the small café that she spotted earlier walking down the streets. One street away she can finally relax herself and enjoy the warmth of tea concoction of her choice that she hopes that the café have.

The small town in Busan is the typical setting of a province, she can counts the vehicle running pass at the road and the people walking at the street while walking earlier she came across to some resident mostly elderlies and some students.

She is on her way back to Incheon but she decided to stopped by because of the schedule of the next bus (from her close friend information given to her that she visited earlier in the morning) said the next trip is on the afternoon. This trip was unexpected and unplanned but her staffs insist she is in need for a short trip to unwind her mind and detach herself to the business for a short while. They notice the sudden changes of her mood and her often crease of her forehead. And the Lady boss is grateful for caring her well-being unlike him; she becomes bitter the thought of him even Bobae and Sohee refuse to mention his name.

So she decided to visit her close friend. The soft chime of bell rings pushing the half glass half wood of the café door. A soft sigh escape from her tiny mouth when she smell the familiar aroma quite similar to her shop, eyeing the every spots of the café she is impressed to the simplicity of the interior design and the displayed pastry are really appetizing. The two staff seems like in mid-thirties standing behind the counter politely greeted her and she gives them as well a lip tight smile, after giving her order she scanned the dining area, choosing for a place she can kill the time while waiting for the bus.

Since the café is small and there is only three customers seated in different corner, but the one particular customer seated in the farthest corner, lady boss eyes lingers. That familiar black bucket hat that she despise in the previous days, whenever she met people wearing similar with it, and will always remind her of him and she is aching to pinch his huge dumbo ears those time.

Squinting her eyes to the man who’s wearing that familiar hat, she is ensuring she is not just seeing things or if there is some other man who looks like him, trusting her guts. She decided to seat in front of him, walking gracefully to his spot, she notices he is wearing air pods and he doesn’t probably hear her footstep and his eyes are glued to his phone.

His phone case is now red? It was yellow before.

Lady Boss has so much questions running through her mind.

Plopping down at the soft cushion chair she placed her hand bag beside her seat and after that she put her phone in the surface at the table causing him to finally notice a new presence beside him, she crosses her arm to her chest and she gives her best glare she can give to him.

The lady boss watched him shifting to his seat, he is not focusing to his phone anymore. One tilting his head up, their eyes met.

She rolled her eyes and the latter eyes widen, seeing her in front of him real and looked fuming mad. A shiver run crossed to his body, Baekhyun gulp and he shakily removes his air pods.

“So you find a new place?” Lady boss started. Bitter tastes linger to after spitting those words. But her face remains passive.

“Do you- no. Did I piss you? Did I offend you? Or do you hate my coffee now so you bother to go here in Busan so you can enjoy your iced Americano for what? For 3 hours?”

Baekhyun mouth a gapes, opening his mouth to protest and explain his side but the Lady boss is persistent she hold up her palm to him, she can’t stop to spill her insecurities that she bottled up the entire absenteeism of him.

“Do you not want to talk me anymore? You can just tell me nicely and be not like air vanishing like nothing!” she can’t hold her true emotions anymore, where does come from? She doesn’t have any idea.

Panting catching her breath even tho she is just sitting in front of him

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter