six🧇

Stay by my side
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Is the heater volume is enough?” the young man curiously asked her boss after she secured her seatbelt and now is busily staring on her iPad learning the address that they will destined to go on that day after setting it in naver map.

“For now yes but later on I think I will die in too much cold. Let’s stop by to a nearest store I’ll buy more heat pack.” She requested furrowing her eyebrows, her lips are slightly jutted, truthfully the days has been cold.

She wakes up in her alarm at the middle of the dawn her teeth are clattering striding to her small kitchen with her wobbly legs she found out the small window above the sink is wide open, the incoming winter breeze is freely coming to her apartment the culprit of her coldness state.

The lady boss diverted her attention for a while to the young man sitting in driver seat just beside her, she can’t help to notice his enthusiasm early in the morning of the first week of cold November, her eyes glint in interest.

“Yes Sajangnim!”

“You’re too enthusiastic early in the morning huh?” she voiced out her thoughts.

“To gather the force of good luck to our side!” he grins.

 The lady boss snorted and didn’t bother and let his young staff to be energetic in the morning. On the back of her mind she believes him and she hopes to manifest it.

Maneuvering the rented car in courtesy of Min Hangyeol and the Lady Boss was seating in the front passenger seat they departed from the shop.

 Every Sunday is the day off of the coffee shop from the 6 days of working, a free day and rest day but not for the Lady Boss she already planned it since last week to personally visiting the three potential places for the coffee shop relocation that she chose, the two addresses were 10 minutes’ drive from the shop, still in the city of Incheon and the one is in Seoul. She included it, she can’t ignore the huge opportunity it has and the place itself was good from the description of the landlord that was given to her, she is considering it until she saw it in front of her eyes if she is satisfied she might think again.

Hangyeol tagged along with her he reasoned that he is free but the truth is he is paying the two pyrex glass that he broke while he is cleaning, it slipped on his hands and broke into half on another day instead to minus it in his salary the lady boss agrees to the deal. While the two young ladies reasoned they have important schedule on that day which is today, as much they want to tag along but Hangyeol tells otherwise.

He snitched that he heard the two is planning to attend a fan gathering in Seoul. The Lady boss was torn to be grateful what Hangyeol said or to be annoyed what she heard not because of the two young woman lies to her, but she shrugged it off, today is needed all the positive vibes.

The chilly autumn had passed and winter season has begun. In the past months a lot of happenings happened, significant or the typical one with a bit sprinkle of some drama.

Despite living in the country for years Lady Boss is still being surprise to the cold winter of Korea, maybe a week from now snow flakes are expected to fall and she can’t hide her giddiness. The white soft sprinkling coming from the sky gives undeniable comfort for her and adds the fact of the constant warm feeling she has been experiencing although she said the winter cold is coming she can’t deny the warmth she is receiving since she is exchanging messages to the person who saves her in multiple times. Their conversation has been going and still going any topic they’ll tackle that instantly become a list of topics they have talked thru kakao messages she never dared to call him, and she initiated there’s no need. She simply reasoned chatting were fine as long they are communicating, if emergency occurs it’s understandable but not video call.

 She will die in embarrassment.

And more importantly she don’t want to be the reason to get him in trouble she knows her limitation, and she can’t helped to feel worried. Every night Baekhyun will never failed to message her a good night. She labeled they are only friends, a newly established friendship to be exact, she is not ready to use other names to call what they have.

Sometimes it crossed on her mind that Baekhyun must bored to his life that’s why he is entertaining her or she is just denying the fact that Baekhyun might be interested with her. But the thought of it leaves a cringe feeling to her. It would be ridiculous to be real.

She has no idea why, maybe she’s just ignoring it. And she is justifying its too fast for her liking, she’s not trusting her instinct when everything turns to be like that.

No power holds to grasp the things happening in her life. Or she is just paranoid, what she thought she don’t have idea. IM GETTING CRAZY.  It always end, whenever her mind flies somewhere far away.

-

Hangyeol is humming to the music playing in the stereo, it was familiar to her but she can’t pinpoint where she heard it before, her train of thoughts was interrupted when she felt the buzzed of her phone in her coat pocket.

 It was a message notification, her lips automatically curled when she types her pin code and the contact name of Baekhyun is displaying on the screen.

 

Bbh^ᴥ︎^

-Good morning Miss Lady Boss^^

 

Before she can’t type her greetings to him, another message was delivered to her. He must be holding tight his phone.

 

Bbh^ᴥ︎^

Can I get my free iced coffee today?  ㅋㅋㅋ

 

The Lady Boss sweating palms does not hinder to type her reply immediately.

 

Sorry to disappoint you Mr. Byun we’re close today. Sunday is off day.

 

A grin unconsciously escapes from her lips and Hangyeol seen and was shook of it.

 

Bbh^ᴥ︎^

Oh I thought I could finally see you again :(

 

The smile on Lady Boss face slipped away and was replaced by confused face. Pursing her lips, she did her reply to him.

You don’t have work?

 

It was odd, the time and his messages for the Lady boss. Just a matter of seconds she received an answer.

 

Bbh^ᴥ^

Yup:D maybe I’ll play pc till night.

 

Okay. Have fun!

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter