fourđŸ„›

Stay by my side
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

After two weeks of the extraordinary life events for her, the unexpected scene of the Byun Baekhyun on her coffee shop, his mere presence and his ordered one cup of iced Americano changed everything and seems he is sent from above in instant she found the solution to her dilemma she’s currently facing. The sales of the coffee shop rapidly boost in a flash and compares from the record before, it was way better than the sales of previous peak season. That Puppy looked bucket hat man is indeed powerful and famous, she thought how lucky she was.

  In between those week lady boss often finding herself waiting for a familiar silhouette to enter the glass door that he once knocked using his pretty slender hands. She is confused the fact she wants to see him, to thank him and tell him how grateful she is, deep inside there is more than a reason she wants him to meet in person and she can’t exactly pinpoint what it is. When she delivered the news for her two friends they are more than ecstatic, their video call that would last for an hour turns into 3 long hours until dawn it was three days after the rapid increase of customers on their shop, and they talked mainly about the coffee shop that turned to gossiping until they run out of topics. Except the sole reason, she didn’t tell them it was an idol and it’s a male named Baekhyun she just told them it was someone famous, she thought it does not need to reveal to them.

The plastered smile on her remains whenever a flock of females and mixed with males entered the premises of the shop and of course the first thing they were asking is the three pieces Polaroid film. How that small piece of printed paper of his face is the most relevant for his fans, then she heard Sohee and Bobae on another day they were both focusing to their phone while talking to each other.

“Yaa this is crazy someone’s offering me 50,000 won for the Polaroid film.”

“What? Where?”

“In my account, I used posting for Baekhyun my honey.”

“Oh! They even want to hold a bidding event?! Idiots they are not for sale.”

“Crazy.” “It is, this is the first time he took a selca wearing his signature bucket hat and plus the winking and his lips is slightly jutted is the very first time he did that!”

 

---

Just like what she heard from the two the Polaroid film of Baekhyun are the most in demand and if she can still lift her eyebrow every time she is hearing it, it will long gone to her forehead, there were more than 50 person have a courage to personal asked her to sell them they even begged but she refuse and says no straightforward even the price is too much and blinding when you learn it for just a three pieces of Polaroid film.

“Sajangnim, I heard she is badmouthing you after you refuse to sell the Polaroid do you want me to spit on her coffee she just ordered, Sohee is preparing for it.” The lady boss flinched on her place she tore away her attention where the cork board is she didn’t know her eyes stayed eyeing the film for a minute.

“Why would you do that? There’s no need for that.” She says nonchalantly Bobae tilted her head down slight disappointed to her boss response she itching to do something. After she heard them cursing her boss and sputtering insult being a foreigner.

“But it was too much how dare them-

“It’s fine really and it’s done already.”

Lady boss curled her lips and Bobae get what she meant. She stops herself from making weird noises and she just claps her hand twice and she awkwardly chants Fighting! The lady boss appreciates her staff concern to her well-being and she is more than grateful for that. They didn’t treat her differently despite being a foreigner and her strict attitude towards to them that’s why she values each of them it’s rare to meet those kinds of people.

--

As the day ends daylight has be gone and replaced by the city lights, the city of Incheon still alive and lively as the night is still young, with a satisfied smile on each faces of her staff the 14 hour shift is worth it, serving numerous amount of customer filling the coffee shop, who wouldn’t and they should be despite the aching feeling of their back and soreness of their feet from the continuous back and forth thru attending and serving everyone in the coffee shop.

Lady boss is tidying the counter while her three staff’s remains on their perspective duty cleaning and readying to close for today. The two on-call staff of her left already after she gave them their pay slip and she bid them goodbye, she and also the two hopes it is not the last time of them to help and to attend the needs of the shop.

Hangyeol picked the folded sign of the name of coffee shop and ready to turn his leave at the stock room when a tall, man with broad shoulder evidently because he is wearing a navy blue varsity jacket he has black ball cup and face mask. Hangyeol abruptly stop on his track and he is little intimidated by the gap of their height but he didn’t make it obvious, while the Lady finished counting the paper bills her eyes immediately turned to the new person just arrived she was hoping another person to meet of her pair eyes but to her disappointment when she learned the huge differences of their physique the only similar they have is the color of face mask. Her face becomes serious from hopeful, is he an idol? Or a Celebrity? His height tells he might be a model, her curiosity start to heighten before it goes up she clears . Again, why she is being left alone dealing with pretty gorgeous and famous people? Sohee and Bobae would definitely whine to her again.

The tall man perusing the menu and clearly he does not acknowledge her presence lady boss contemplating if she will inform their customer to order and leave immediately because its closing hour already and it hit her, this already happened and too familiar to her just different person and way more taller than Baekhyun. The end she waited, it may turn rude and she does not want any problem to arise when her business just started to bloom and recovering. She can’t afford to get waste the thoughtfulness and kindness of the puppy eyed man it may sound ridiculous but she can imagine the sad puppy eyes looking face of him when he learned that she wasted the great opportunity he had offered to her. And she thought it will be too cute to handle. She mentally shakes her head when she realizes what she was thinking right now, her presence of mind would always voluntarily wandering around and it ends with the thought of him. She reason she owe him but there’s more than that and it starting to bothers her.

She unconsciously nibbling her thumb and staring openly to the tall man, lady boss was startled when a manly sound brings back her soul to present she straighten her back and she stays on he

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter