Act of Bravery

Knights, Bestfriends and Roommates
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

It’s been a few days since Sophie saw Matt. She’s been asking help from the other baristas to tell her ex that she’s on break or she left early. She felt a little sorry but she felt that she wasn’t ready to have a sit down with Matt just yet so she chose to hide away instead. Gawain and the others have been interrogating her since the incident happened. She just said “I’ll tell you soon, I promise.” Of course, they weren’t happy with her answer but they had to live with it since Eunhyuk and Mia had to go visit their parents for a few days.

Sophie has been eating out since the siblings left since it’s a waste of energy to cook for herself anyway. She’s been going through her list of restaurants to try and today, she is looking forward to trying the Japanese place near the mart that they frequent. A waiter greeted her at the entrance to take her order and pay for her meal before he sat her at the bar. While she was waiting, she heard a familiar voice “Sophie?” turning around, she saw…
“Matt. Hey”
“Are you here with someone? May I join you?” he asked. Sophie then decided that she has to talk to him somehow so might as well do it now.“Sure. Take a seat. I’m actually here by myself” she said
“Thanks” he said and took the empty seat beside Sophie. When the waiter arrived with her order, she devoured her meal and she was a satisfied customer “This is amazing” she said to herself
“First time?” Matt asked
“Yeah. I’ve been wanting to try this place but it’s always packed whenever Hyuk and I go visit” she said, continuing to devour her ramen
“Oh by the way, where’s your boyfriend?”
“My boyfriend?” she asked, forgetting for a while that she has a pretend boyfriend that exists “Right… my boyfriend. He and his sister went back home to visit their parents.”
“I see. I uhm I’ve been meaning to talk to you and I just want to apologise for what happened with us before” he said
“Let’s just leave the past behind, Matt. That’s a closed chapter in my life and in yours.” she replied
“I know but what I did… I don’t know how to tell you how sorry I am.”
“Please, don’t. I don’t want to talk about that right now.” Sophie said, drinking the remaining iced tea on her cup
“I know you don’t but please let me explain” Matt said, not giving up. Sophie’s amazing meal was just ruined and she is not happy about it “Okay fine. You want to explain, go ahead. Please explain why a woman was on top of you the day before spring break while we were still together” she said, her voice a little loud. A few heads tuned to where they were and Matt’s ears turned red from embarrassment.
“Sophie…”
“Come on, Matt. Explain.” She then said, crossing her arms and tapping her foot.
“Sophie, it wasn’t like that… what you saw was nothing. That didn’t mean anything to me” he said softly enough for the both of them to hear.
“Well, that meant something to me. I trusted you and I wa

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter