The devil and the angel

The Other Side of The Moon 2

The devil and the angel

 

The smile on Lucifer’s face frightened Solar to the core. She immediately slammed the door closed, but Lucifer stopped it and forced his way in. Solar fall back and frantically look for anything sharp.

 

Lucifer smirked watching the poor angel who could no longer fight with her own power. “Will you come with me?”

 

“NO,” Solar firmly respond.

 

“But you are going to miss the best part.”

 

Solar squint her eyes, trying to understand him. “What are you talking about?”

 

“You will know if you come with me.”

 

Solar stared in confusion and instantly realization hit her. “What…did you do to her?”

 

Lucifer let out a sigh. “Have you become so dumb after giving the little demon everything? You are making me repeat for the third time. And ‘I’ for sure don’t want to miss the whole show.”

 

Solar looked at him in disgust and then look at the opened door. It was a small chance and she went for it. But Lucifer was quick on his feet and grab her. “That’s it. Little brat.”

 

Everything happened so fast, swiftly carried out of the resort and soaring against the wind. Lucifer landed on top of a hill with the whole view of the venue. Solar pushed him back and looked around, only to her eyes’ disbelief and slowly break down to her knees. Moonbyul was fighting for her life with the Rus. The sword burned with black flame and her ruby eyes were now dark.

 

“Let’s see how long she can last in that form.” Lucifer sneered.

 

Moonbyul drew out her sword as the Rus charged towards her. The clashed of the sword with the sharp pseudo-hand of the Rus created sparks all over the place. Hanabi stood up and move over to a safer place so that she would not get caught in the fight. The blood from her wound was still dripping down but she was caught in the thrilling excitement, witnessing the fierce unhuman fight.

 

Moonbyul lured the Rus outside to an open area. She was barely defending herself. She needed to come up with a plan to defeat the Rus. She must use her wit for her strength was clearly not enough. How did the Rus appear out of nowhere and that too at a place like this. Her normal form was breaking down and she needed more power to defend the overpowered strikes of the Rus. Moonbyul unleashed her Novissimus, hoping it would save her and kill the Rus as well.

 

Whee-in and Hye-jin rushed to their room. Moonbyul sent them off to find Solar. They saw the opened door to Solar’s room and when they entered there was no one. Hye-jin called for Solar and her phone was left in the room. Whee-in picked up a feather, quite big and unproportionate for any bird.

“Drop that and quickly find Unnie.”

 

Moonbyul could hardly land a cut on the Rus and she was running out of time. The Rus attacked her in combos and Moonbyul could defend only a few, taking all the other hits. The last blow sent Moonbyul flying a few meters. She coughed out blood and her body would not get up.

 

The Rus dashed towards her to kill her for sure this time.

 

“Noo”, Hanabi yelled out and the Rus stopped moving. Moonbyul looked at Hanabi who was anxiously standing far away. “You did not say anything about killing her.”

 

Moonbyul look back at the Rus, trying to connect the dots. ‘Is Hanabi controlling the Rus?’

 

“Humans are such a fool.” Lucifer shook his head in disappointment. “Where’s the fun if your opponent knows your secret?” He snapped his fingers and the Rus moved again.

 

It turned to Hanabi with its pseudo-hand in position. Hanabi stepped back slowly. “Stop. I said stop!” Hanabi shouted. She flashed her wound to the Rus and demand it to go back in. But the Rus did not respond and charged at her.

 

“Honey, it doesn’t work that way.” Lucifer scoffed. “And you are not special.”

 

Lucifer approached Hanabi with the intention to use her. However, Hanabi who was charmed by Lucifer never found out. Lucifer was under the radar of every warrior angel and he knew he had only one chance to get rid of Moonbyul, so he had to plan it right.

 

He made a deal with Hanabi, promising she would be with Moonbyul again and in return, he could use her body. Hanabi was sceptical at first and refused but eventually she was lured in with temptation. Hanabi was already tainted with her jealousy to see Moonbyul with Solar on media and it made her the right target for Lucifer.

 

Lucifer brought the Rus to the human world and sealed it inside Hanabi so that the warrior angels could not trace it. He tested it out a few times carefully without getting caught. All it took was a cut on Hanabi to release the Rus. So, Lucifer took extra care of her to not accidentally release the Rus. And this made Hanabi to feel special.

 

The first swing of attack, Hanabi dodged it by pure luck. She screamed for help while running away from the Rus. The Rus leaped over to Hanabi and landed right on top of her, crushing her on the ground. Blood spurted out from and she could not feel any of her body part. It never crossed her mind until that moment that the Rus was a terrifying creature with no emotion.

 

The pseudo-hand aimed for the head and dive it in. Hanabi screamed her lungs out, shutting her eyes closed tightly. Slowly opening her eyes with heavy breathes, Moonbyul was in-front of her blocking the pseudo-hand. Her lips were shaking and her sight was blurred with the tears. “Please,” her voice squeaked.

 

Moonbyul grunt as she was suppressed. And the next thing, she was thrown away harshly by the other pseudo-hand of the Rus.

 

“Noo...,” Solar cried. She immediately got up from knees and ran down the hill. Lucifer held her back by the neck, almost choking her. “Why? Don’t you like it?” Lucifer mocked.

 

The Rus pinned Hanabi on the ground, piercing through her right shoulder. With the other pseudo-hand, the Rus impaled Hanabi through her heart. Blood oozed from the wound and a tear ran down from her eyes. The Rus twisted and pulled out its pseudo-hand. The scene became a blood pool.

 

For a moment, Solar could not breathe and her heart sank. As much as she disliked Hanabi, she did not deserve such a ruthless death.

 

Moonbyul was motionless on the ground, Hanabi laying there lifeless, an unstoppable soul-eater on the loose and Lucifer enjoying every bit of the moment. Solar wept and prayed. She told herself that she would not do it, even so as her last hope she prayed for Julius to save them just once.

 

At the same time, the Rus stood over Moonbyul to give the same death as Hanabi. Its pseudo-hand dived in and right before it could reach her heart, she blocked it with the side of her sword. Her arms were weak and she knew she could not hold it any longer. If only she could divert the stab away from the heart.

 

But it was not what fate has decided. The sword broke and shattered, allowing the sharp pointed end of the pseudo-hand to pierce through her heart. Eventually destroying the core that belongs to Solar. Moonbyul gasped and a gust of memories passed by her mind.

 

Solar gasped for air on the other side, slipping down Lucifer’s arms. Lucifer let go of her and stepped back.

 

There was a sudden flash of light-ray and it put a hole on the Rus in the blink of an eye. However, the Rus did not die. Then, there was the shower of light-rays falling on it, burning every piece without leaving an ash.

 

“Are you seeing this?” Whee-in asked in agape and Hye-jin nod, looking out of the window. They turn around to rush outside but they were caught in time. All moving objects stopped and the blowing wind slow down.

 

Lucifer opened his wings to fly but Julius stopped him by his shoulder. “You are not going anywhere.”

 

The warrior angels took Lucifer and fixed the mess created there. Solar was on Julius’s arm when she came to consciousness. Julius softly asked her if she was okay.

 

“Thank you for coming.” Solar weakly smiled.

 

“We are taking you back. You need to be healed.”

 

Solar turned her head to the side. “Where is she?”

 

Julius stayed silent. Moonbyul’s body was carried to the shore where the other warrior angels set it on fire.

 

“I can feel it.” Solar slowly closed her eyes and smiled. “Her warmth.”

And those tears were her last.

 

“Sol?” Julius called but the respond never came.

 

>>>

 

Everything went back to normal. The people woke up in their rooms. Whee-in woke up with a hungover. Beside her, Hye-jin was still sleeping.

 

She staggered in to the bathroom and lean on the sink. She could not remember what happened last night. She looked up at the mirror and a feeling of void was inside her.

 

She came out to get some fresh air and noticed people were murmuring around. She went up to a group and asked. It seemed that Hanabi Nakamura has committed suicide by stabbing herself.

 

Whee-in rushed back to their room to relay the news and her body stopped in front of the room right next to theirs. The door was closed and she could sense the presence of someone. She wanted to walk away but somehow, she felt that there was someone she knew.

 

Suddenly the door opened and a man in middle-age stood before her. “Miss?”

 

“Oh! I am sorry. Wrong room.” Whee-in ran back to their room.

 

The news of Hanabi’s death was on the media. Hannie saw it and quickly check Mamaoo’s official sites for update. There was nothing. She felt anxious and could not wait for her classes to end.

 

She hurried back to her home and search for Lily. Lily was comfortably sleeping on her bed. Hannie instantly picked her up and shook her up. Lily scratched her and transform to her body. “What’s wrong with you?”

 

Hannie worriedly asked, “Where are they?”

 

Lily stared at her in amaze.

 

“Why is no one remembering them?”

 

“How did you?” Lily was surprised that Hannie remembered them.

 

“What happened to them?” Hannie asked again nervously.

 

Lily has no-one to share the pain of losing her friend and has been trying to hold it in. Seeing Hannie looking at her fearfully, she wondered how this poor child would take it. But the pain was too heavy for her to carry and she could not hide it anymore.  

 

Lily broke down and wept. Hannie has not seen Lily cry before and it shaken Hannie to the core. She quietly sat down on the bed. 

 

“We should never intervene in human world. This is why the worlds are kept apart. I hope they are happy together now, somewhere far from all these.”

 

Hannie pulled Lily in for a hug and both cried their heart out.

 

It was hard for Hannie that they had to accept that the devil and the angel never existed to move on. She could not help but wonder if one day she would forget Lily too. She promised herself to spend the most of her time with Lily so that she would not regret when the day comes.

 

*THE END*

 

A/N: Thank you for reading this fanfic ^.^ I hope both the two parts were a good read.