Officially one

The Other Side of The Moon 2

   ‘I remember it as clear as the day. We were in a garden and the clouds started to thunder. I was holding her hand and we were running towards a shed. As we get closer, her hand was slowly slipping off my grip and when I turned around, I saw her falling into an endless dark pit. I woke up with a racing heart and I realized that night what I was afraid of. I have been denying myself for this long now.

   I do love her. I cannot lose you, Solar.’

 

 

The night of confession, Moonbyul and Solar had their first kiss. A little awkward but it was mutual.

 

Moonbyul knew little of Solar’s affection towards her and she was also aware of their fanservice, which made things complicated. For a devil who had never loved someone, Moonbyul could not point out whether it was truly love or a show to entertain their fans. They would flirt occasionally but that was what mortal girl-friends do according to the devil.

 

Nonetheless, the line was straightened up between the devil and the angel. Solar, though could not believe the things happening so fast, was more than elated to be Moonbyul’s partner.

 

>>>

 

“The members have decided to sign the contract but the section 2 on second page: To be present at the time of summon. That one shall be cut out since the members will not be readily available,” said the manager.

 

“We must have written it without giving much thought,” Hanabi replied as she marked out the sentence. “Are there any more to reconsider?”

 

“That’s all from our side.” With this, the members along with the manager and Hanabi signed their contracts.

 

Outside the meeting hall, Hanabi quickly followed Moonbyul who was leaving with the members for practice. She tapped on Moonbyul’s shoulder and smiled sweetly. “You haven’t forgot our dinner date, right? I will pick you up at 7 tonight.”

 

“You two are going out for a dinner?” Solar asked quite surprise.

 

Moonbyul see no reason to lie and answered, “Yes. She is leaving tomorrow morning and she wanted to have dinner together.”

 

It has been just two days since their first kiss and Solar found Moonbyul amusing for not telling her of a dinner plan with another girl. Solar did not take the reply lightly and that smile of Hanabi’s added fuel to the fire. “By the way, come back early. I found a new movie. Let’s watch it together.” Solar said with a bright smile and loud enough to let Hanabi hear.

 

Moonbyul agreed as they walked back to their practice room.

 

Hanabi scowled at how genuinely Moonbyul was smiling at Solar, while she had never received or seen one after doing everything for Moonbyul.

 

That evening, Moonbyul and Hanabi ate their dinner quietly. Hanabi would glance at Moonbyul but Moonbyul did not even break a sweat to start a conversation. Even when their dessert arrived, Moonbyul ate it silently.

 

Hanabi got up from her seat and bend over to Moonbyul. Moonbyul looked at her and Hanabi ally wiped the cream from Moonbyul’s lips.

 

Moonbyul grabbed her wrist, “Do not cross the line.”

 

Hanabi immediately pulled back her hand and sat down. “I am sorry.”

 

Moonbyul paid for the meal as a gratitude for helping her years ago. However, that was not what Hanabi wanted. She thought Moonbyul would be at least glad to see her but she did not even bother to talk to her once. This became another reason to hate Solar more for taking Moonbyul’s heart.

 

 

>>>

 

The news of Mamamoo leaving for Japan for promotions also reached Lily and she came over to meet Solar. Lily had been there and the chances of encountering a Hallow is higher than South Korea. She warned Solar to be always with Moonbyul.

 

“Julius came here to ask about the Rus,” said Solar.

 

“Who is Julius?” Moonbyul asked.

 

“A warrior angel.,” Lily replied. “I was the one who told him. I did not expect him to go to you himself.”

 

Julius was a senior heavenly member and he used to treat Solar with love. Solar was also fond of him and when she went to him for help, he madly turned her down because she involved herself with a demon. Since then, Solar had questioned Julius’s affection towards her.

 

Solar assured Moonbyul that he would not do anything to them and that they were on earth only for the Rus.

“Lily, thank you for looking out for us. Take care till we come back. How is your human?”

 

Lily sighed. “Don’t worry about me. I might even follow YOUR devil after I throw that human off a cliff.”

 

“What did she do this time?” Moonbyul asked.

 

“That house is not normal. Our father did not simply send me to babysit.” Lily turned to a serious mood and spaced out.

 

Lily snapped back and quickly swept the imaginary thought bubble to continue, “Just take care of yourself. And you, devil. Do not make me come over there. All my eyes are on you.”

 

>>>

 

The members arrived in Tokyo to one of the Nakamura’s hotels and settled in their assigned hotel rooms. The younger members were excited to have their own rooms and Solar did not seem to be please with it. She could feel someone’s loath swarming the whole place.

 

At the hotel cafeteria, the members gathered to have their dinner. They must start working from the next day and they could sense that it would not be a cakewalk this time. How much effort they put in would be the result of their payment.

 

“Here. A toast to us. We can do it. We have tackled every obstacle that came our way.” Hyejin raises her glass of water.

 

Whee-in joined in laughing. “Yes, haha.” Moobyul and Solar raise their glasses too. The girls burst into laughter as they enjoyed their evening.

 

The warm shower ran down the pale skin and the steam fogged up the mirror. Solar have been standing there for few minutes now. It felt as if the shower drained down her body along with her energy. But it also felt good under the warm water. She cut the shower and look at her reflection on the mirror.

 

Solar agreed to the contract because it would benefit the other members and everyone involved. Else she would have torn that paper right there. The way Hanabi sneered when they signed the contract and the way she tried to get Moonbyul’s attention crawled under Solar’s skin.

 

Solar barely managed to get out of the shower and the same thought provoked her. She angrily threw the lotion bottle and there goes her last ounce of energy. She dropped down on the bed and groaned in frustration. After laying there for a while, she put on her robe and came out of her hotel room. She weakly knocked on Moonbyul’s door. “Please don’t sleep yet.” Solar spoke softly and leaned on the door.

 

The door did not open. Solar knocked once again as her eyelids got heavier.

 

The door finally opened and Solar fell inside, landing on an unfamiliar arm. Before she passed out, she looked at the shocked face. ‘Why is she here?’

 

And this time, it really broke her heart.