A love so fragile

The Other Side of The Moon 2

The news of Moonbyul accident released on their official page creating a concern on the internet. Their fandom wished for her quick recovery and left comments expressing their worries.

 

“WHAT?”, Hannie cried on seeing the news. She thought Moonbyul was fine the other day. Her father and brother who were in front of her at the dinning table, glared at the exaggeration on her expression. “No phones on the table. Hannie, eat your breakfast.” Her mother ordered her. Hannie obediently put her phone down. “Wonwoo, please drop your sister to her school on your way.”

“Mom, she can take the bus. I am going to do a survey for college project.” Wonwoo thanked for the breakfast and left his seat.

“Look at this kid.” The father pointed his finger to Wonwoo walking away.

Hannie looked at her father and then to her mother. “It’s okay. I can take the bus. You don’t have to drop me everyday to school. I am not a kid anymore.” Her mother raised her eyebrows to question if she could travel alone. “You know your way, right? Sorry, your dad and I are busy today. Be careful okay.”

Hannie nodded with an assuring smile and looked over to their living room where Lily was curling up on the rug. ‘Wow. She looks so unbothered.’

 

 

Moonbyul took a bite of the bread and jam breakfast and dust off the crumbs on her fingers. Using her good right hand, she scrolled through the comments left by her fans on her tab.

 

Solar place the glass of milk next to Moonbyul’s plate and peek over to the screen. “You should be more careful now. The fans are worried about you.” Moonbyul hummed and continued to scroll.

“Is that it?”, Solar was expecting Moonbyul to say at least ‘Yes’. Seeing how Moonbyul sometimes act apathetic towards her, it broke her heart a little. Though she knew Moonbyul was not evil, she could not defy the fact that Moonbyul was a devil.

 

“I have to meet the directors at 10. I will see you in the practice room at 1.” Moonbyul finished her breakfast and went straight for her room to change.

 

After taking a shower and changing into her clothes, Moonbyul came out from her room. She was on a call. She mouthed to Solar, ‘Manager. I am going. See you at 1.’

 

Solar nodded with a smile and gestured to leave. After Moonbyul left, her smile broke free and her cheek tingled at the feeling. Solar exhaled deeply and poise herself to start the day.

 

Days passed by, Moonbyul and Solar were busy enough to only meet when Solar needed to charge her energy. They were close but there were days when they did not even talk for a moment. The Rus did not appear again and the news of abnormal cases also slowly died down.

 

One night after dinner, Solar stood at the balcony and watched the stars. Moonbyul was too tired to join her and went to bed.

 

Solar stood there brooding about her life. She wondered since when did their story became so normal and their lives became repetitive and boring while doing all the things that others want. This was not how she wanted to live. Even though Moonbyul was by her side, the spark seemed to have become dull. Lily would visit her once in a while to check on her but she had her own duty as a heavenly member.

 

She looked up at the night sky and sighed, “I miss everyone.”

 

All of a sudden, a strong gust of wind blew at her face and an angel in armor landed on the balcony. He carried a spiritual silver sword with golden handle and was protected with a holy armor. Solar was petrified to see a warrior angel at her home where Moonbyul, an infamous devil was currently staying.

 

“Ju- Julius.” Solar stuttered. “What are you doing here?”

 

“Don’t be alarm. I am only here to ask you some questions,” Julius answered calmly. Before he continued to say anything further, his eyes averted inside the apartment and squinted.

 

Solar knew what he was doing and immediately blocked his sight. “What is it that you want to ask?”

 

“About the Rus that you encountered.” Julius asked in details of how it happened. The warrior angels have been tracking it and they lost it before terminating it. Solar wanted to know if any devil was behind it or it was only that the Rus had obtained an ability to erase its presence.

 

Julius refused to answer any questions from her. Solar might have been an angel but Julius despised her for her foolish decision. To speak for a devil was sinful enough and Solar followed a devil to end up on earth with no way to return back.

 

“I thought you had learned your lesson but it seems you haven’t.” Julius looked at her in disappointment. He then opened his wings and took off, leaving Solar to shame.

 

“Even if I have made myself a sinner, I do not wish to think I made the wrong choice.”

 

The treatment she was enduring, good times and bad times, was only a course of living a mortal life. She became the devil’s acquaintance on her own choice and the moment she did so, she had the feeling that the devil everyone was so scared of, would stand by her side even when her home wouldn’t lend their ears.

 

Solar had always believed that them being exiled to the human realm was a blessing in disguise. The devil had learned to empathize and her own heart was fulfilled. There was not a soul to stop them from being together. A sinner with a sinner in a sinned world. What Julius had said shall not drift her already tottering mind.

 

>>>

 

The members were called for a meeting after their music show. On their way to the hall, Moonbyul kept her eyes on Solar who has not been talking to her lately. She wondered if anything has been troubling her that she didn’t know about.

 

Their managers and directors introduced them to the lady in designer clothings. “Please welcome Hanabi Nakamura. She wishes to invest on your promotion in Japan.” Hanabi smiled and greeted everyone. She fixed her eyes on Moonbyul and confessed that she was a big fan who wanted to uplift her favorite idols.

 

A contract was given to everyone in the room and members looked at each other in confusion. They were never told of such contract signing event. The managers explained that it was brought up yesterday and they didn’t have the time to inform the members.

 

“Isn’t it so fast to bring up a contract without even discussing with us?,” Hwasa inquired.

 

“Well, we will be discussing it now”, said Hanabi. “I know it is something out of the blue but I would like your co-operation. I promise it will be a thrilling experience for everyone.”

 

Whee-in flipped through the pages, “Should we begin then?”

 

The opportunities for the group’s growth were high as per the demands and the conditions mentioned in the contract. It was tempting enough for them to sign it right there. But every temptation has a bitter side and Moonbyul find Hanabi doubtful. She has changed since the last time Moonbyul saw her.

 

“I say the members should discuss on this first”, Moonbyul spoke.

 

“Is there something that you don’t like about the contract?”, asked Hanabi.

 

“We will discuss first.” Solar blurted out loud. She gazed at Hwasa and Whee-in to agreed on it, which they did. Hanabi stared at Solar as she gave a thought about it.

 

Irritated Hanabi spoke, “I will be leaving Seoul in five days. Is it enough time to come to a conclusion?”

 

The members and the staffs agreed on it and the meeting came to an end.

 

Right outside the meeting hall, Hanabi smiled brightly and greeted Moonbyul. Hanabi expressed how much she missed Moonbyul after her departure. She has been thinking of her and grasped the opportunity to approach Moonbyul.

 

Throughout their little reunion, Solar was standing beside them. Between their conversation, Solar asked, “How long have you two known each other?”

 

“Long before she even decided to become an artist.” Hanabi proudly answered.

 

“Is that so?”, Solar chuckled. “Please continue on.” With this, Solar swiftly left them before Moonbyul could even completely call out her name. Moonbyul wanted to introduced Solar to Hanabi, as she had played a role in finding Solar.

 

That night, Moonbyul watched Solar stomping around in the apartment. “Are you asking for a complaint?”

 

Solar stopped and apologized as she glared at Moonbyul. Taken back by the sudden behavior, Moonbyul asked what the matter was.

 

“She knew you since that long?”

 

Moonbyul have a long blink and approach Solar. Holding by her shoulder, Moonbyul tried to clear the dark clouds in Solar’s mind. “She was the one who helped me to come back to you. When I saw her today, I realized that I left her even without a word of thanks. Usually, she irritates me but I thought…I should at least thank her.”

 

Upon hearing Moonbyul’s side of the story, Solar felt a bit guilty for acting like a child. “I am sorry. I didn’t know why I got upset.”

 

There was such a long pause from Moonbyul to say anything back that Solar had to look up and the way Moonbyul was looking at her made her fluttered.

 

Moonbyul placed her palm on Solar’s red cheek, feeling the warm skin. “Solar. Tell me because I can’t understand it myself. What is this that is between us? I have never ignored you purposefully but to see you keeping your distant from me burns me in the chest. The acts I have done for you, I doubt I will ever do it for anyone else.”

 

Moonbyul deeply inhaled and continued, “I do not want this blurry line between us. I don’t want the core energy to be an excuse to hold you.”

 

Solar could not utter a word to the sudden confession. She barely managed to say something. “I thought we were already a thing…that we don’t need to say anything.”

 

“And I thought those were what close friends do in this mortal world”, Moonbyul dumbfoundedly answered. Nonetheless, she proceeded to express her feeling. “When people called us ‘MoonSun’, I was happy deep inside. But not knowing your side of the story, I couldn’t do anything.”

 

“So, all these times you were just doing everything as a close friend?”

 

“Yes. And now, I want things to be clear between us.”

 

“But what is there to be clear? Haven’t I been obvious enough?”, asked Solar quite flattered.

 

“But there is no clarity as to allowing me to kiss you anytime I want, is there?”, Moonbyul replied. “Lumos Solis, I think I had caught a feeling since the day you found me in Limbo.”