Day off - Part 5 Final

Reveal

You stood there, speechless, as he blocked your way. It was a silent staredown between the two of you. You became certain that he knew what you had just found out. You wanted to run away, but couldn't bring yourself to even look away from him at that point. You began to open your mouth to say something. Anything, but words wouldn't come. 

"Hey, what's taking so long?" Eric appeared around the corner, diverting your attention from the man in front of you. "Dude. What are you doing to her?"

Kevin's look turned incredulous and playful. "Me? I didn't do anything to her."

Eric threw another look at you. "She's flushed and you were staring her down. You definitely did something."

You cautiously ducked around Kevin and moved out of the small hallway that the bathrooms were situated in. "I'm fine." You threw a wavering smile to Eric then glanced toward the door to see the others waiting for you. Q's smile turned serious as he saw your face and Jacob seemed concerned when he noticed the change in atmosphere. 

Hesitantly, Eric turned his back toward you and Kevin and moved toward the door. You followed, not wanting him to think that something serious really was going on. Kevin followed, as well. He still watched you, but didn't say anything. 

"Gwenchana?" Q asked. 

You knew this phrase, as well. He was asking if you were alright. You managed to release a little of your tension to smile at him. "Yeah. I just saw something shocking."

It was technically the truth, your favorite type as it meant that it wasn't exactly a lie. You hated lying to people, especially when you had such a good time hanging out with them all day. 

He said nothing, but the look in his eyes told you that he either knew more than you wanted him to, or he would find out soon. 

Outside of the shop, the five of you found a good time to cross the road and ducked into the Marta station. As you waited, you were quiet and pensive. 

"How?" Q spoke softly. 

"What?" You looked at him, surprised, but his face showed understanding. 

"How did you find out who we were?" He spoke slowly to get through the sentence. 

"How did you know?"

"You are quiet. It's a change." 

From this simple statement, you realized that Q was much more clever than you originally thought. As you looked at him, you could see the intelligence shining through and wondered how you could have missed that earlier in the day. Perhaps it was the creepy smile he had given you at the mall this morning.

"I'm sorry I didn't know sooner. I should have."

"We had fun because you didn't." Kevin had walked closer and caught part of your conversation. 

You looked up at him. 

He held up a hand, asking you to wait before speaking. "I went to the bathroom, too. When I came out, I heard my own voice coming from the women's bathroom."

Oh. So that's why he was staring at you so intently when you opened the door. 

"Then, you were acting so strange that I thought you had to have known I heard it."

"I didn't. I just hadn't realized until my friend sent me that tiktok that you were... well, you." 

He laughed, catching the attention of Eric and Jacob. "Now that you know I'm me, did you look for them, too."

The others moved closer, which made you panic slightly internally. Your mouth went dry, so you nodded instead of answering out loud. You weren't sure your voice would work right now, anyway. 

He saw the confused looks from Eric and Jacob. "I'm the important one, anyway." He joked. "Although, I am curious what your friend sent you."

You slowly pulled your phone out of your pocket and pulled the app up. As Kevin's voice began playing from the device, realization dawned on Eric's and Jacob's faces. Q, however, was highly unaffected by the revelation. Of course, he already knew that you had found out. 

Questions from Jacob and Eric about when you found out and what you knew poured over each other. In the middle of it, you caught Kevin asking who sent it to you. 

You were reeling from the chaos. 

"Guys." Q's voice stopped the others. "She needs time to think."

You shot a grateful smile at Q and leaned back against the wall behind you. Several minutes later, you finally spoke. "I really enjoyed meeting you guys. It was the best day I've ever had. All thanks to four strangers I met at the mall."

They smiled.

"Does this change anything?" Eric asked.

After contemplating a moment, you answered. "No. I still see you guys as the fun, adventurous people I spent all day with. I'm sorry I didn't know who you were, and I really do love your music. But I feel like I got an opportunity to see your true personalities through the eyes of someone who didn't have any expectations of who you were expected to be. I could tell you genuinely had fun and I'm glad I could be part of it."

"Aww." Kevin looked like he was going to cry dramatically. Instead, he hugged you again. "That's so nice."

As you looked around, you could see that everyone had perked up at your words; even Q, although you were pretty sure he had no idea what all you said. The thought made you smile and you were suddenly at ease again. It's like the news of them being Kpop idols had become irrelevant. Over the course of the day, they had revealed their true selves and that's the only version of them that you really needed to know. 

Jacob hugged you again and Eric threw an arm around your shoulder and gave a small squeeze before dropping it again. The Marta pulled up and the five of you got on. You exchanged small talk until you arrived back at the underground mall. You exchanged numbers, said goodbye, and finally parted ways, waving as you disappeared from each others' sight. 

On the Marta back to your apartment, you reflected on this more than perfect day. You knew it was one that would stay with you for the rest of your life. You smiled the entire way as all four of them began messaging you in a group chat they had created. They all said they would do their best so that they could come back with the members to perform in Atlanta. Eric added that you had to come see them when they finally made it there. You promised that you would do that. 

When you got home, you realized that, although fun, today had drained your energy completely. You managed to brush your teeth and change into pajamas before falling into a very deep, restful sleep. Even the end of this day was perfect.