Chapter 9

Article

"How long Joohyun?"

Joohyun sighed, she was face-to-face with Wendy who immediately shot her this question

"If you're asking how long I have been in love with Chaeyoung...I would have to say I don't know" Joohyun answered and smiled sadly "For the first time in my life Seungwan, I don't know the answer"

Wendy...or by her real name, Seungwan, looked on sadly at the love of her life

"It hurts you know?" Seungwan chuckled sadly, her eyes clearly showing hurt making Joohyun look down "I was the first one Joohyun...I was the first one who touched your heart"

A tear left from Seungwan's eye

"Why can't it be me? Why can't you love me?"

Joohyun took a deep breath and finally looked back at Seungwan as she talked while making eye-contact directly

"You were the first Seungwan" Joohyun smiled sadly "You were actually the reason why I have fallen to another."

Seungwan's eyes widened and almost took a step back in shock, anger slowly bubbling in her after so many days of agonizing over Chaeyoung and Joohyun.

"What?!" She hissed as she started to glare angrily

"What the do you mean by the Bae Joohyun?! I have been showing you all of me since the freaking day we debuted! I showed you my ups and downs! I comforted you in your darkest moment! I was the one who gives you warmth in your coldest days!"

Joohyun watched calmly as the calm demeanor that Seungwan has, was now cracking

"How dare you tell me that I was the one who pushed you away? Did I ing tell you to stay away? Did I tell you to fall in love with another?! No!" Seungwan walked closer to Joohyun, tension high

"Did I huh?! Tell me where I went wrong Bae Joohyun!"

A moment of silence between them and the empty living room. the shout released by Seungwan was loud, full of anger and hurt that Joohyun has to take a moment to respond.

"No...but you also didn't say anything to love you either Seungwan," Joohyun said calmly "I watch from the sidelines as you get closer to other people. Treating them the same way as you treat me. Am I supposed to safely assume that you were really mine? We don't have a label Seungwan. I always get jealous whenever you show to others like how you treat me as well. It always makes me wonder if I'm really the one you love or am I just another close friend of yours that you take care of regularly."

Seungwan lost her glare and realization now dawned upon her as Joohyun continued speaking

"I had this plan with Chaeyoung to make you and Jennie jealous" Joohyun shared "Might as well tell her everything." She thought

"Plan? Make me and Jennie jealous?" Seungwan muttered and her eyes widened, finally realizing what is happening. 

"So...Chaeyoung was indeed talking about Jennie the other day..."

"Yes...but it backfired on me" Joohyun shrugged and smiled sadly at Seungwan "Here I am, falling in love with another."

"Joohyun..."

.

.

.

.

.

.

Joohyun tilted her head and was shaken when a pair of lips covered her own and a hand placed itself on the back of her head to not escape the kiss.

 

The Joohyun who didn't meet Chaeyoung long ago would have dropped her restraint and kissed back

 

But right now

 

As Seungwan's trembling lips moved against her still ones, Joohyun could feel...

 

Nothing.

 

All she remembered is her kiss with Chaeyoung in her room, the one that ignited the fire inside of her

 

Their tongues clash in a battle of dedication, dedication to make the other feel good. Joohyun moaned, Chaeyoung's tongue with such pleasure until the air is needed so she pulled away, panting and eyes narrowed ily as a string of saliva connected their lips and she whispered in a low excited voice

 

"Rosie..."

 

Joohyun put a hand on Seungwan's chest and pushed softly. Seungwan's lips left hers for a moment, panting slightly and tears flowing from those hamster cheeks

 

"You know...I have always wanted to do that years ago" Seungwan's voice was trembling and Joohyun could feel the hurt that the younger girl was feeling at her own rejection

 

"I'm sorry Seungwan..." Joohyun whispered soothingly as she watch Seungwan choke back a sob "There was a time that I truly loved you but...my heart beats for another now"

Her mind flashed back to Chaeyoung's warm smile and laughs at her

"You're in love with Chaeyoung..." Seungwan muttered and tried once more "But Joohyun...I was the first. Chaeyoung is in love with another. Why can't you try with me? You deserve so much more than someone not returning your feelings"

Joohyun started to glare, the first time Seungwan saw that anger directed at her.

She flinched.

It has been so long since she's seen that directed at her.

"...I do deserve so much more, and Chaeyoung knows that." Joohyun looked away and whispered, soft enough for Seungwan to hear it "Besides...I'm not the only one falling out of love and breaking the plan."

Seungwan's eyebrows raised as she whispered defeatedly

"You mean...?"

Joohyun just nodded and started walking away as she let out a few final words

"I understand if you want some space from me right now, and honestly speaking?" Joohyun looked back "I'm truly sorry that I'm hurting you. At first, I was ecstatic to see you finally being jealous instead of me...it made me feel that I truly have a chance with you...with us."

"Then why? Why didn't you confess?" Seungwan clenched her fist "I was in love with you for years."

"I've already told you the answer Seungwan...reflect on that and I'll even give you time. You're still one of my precious people and I really don't want to lose you." Joohyun answered, she was about to leave but Seungwan stopped her by holding her hand.

"Why her Joohyun?"

Joohyun sensed that this is the last question in Seungwan's mind and answered passionately

"...Rosie makes me smile like no other can. She makes my heartbeat so fast but strangely calm at the same time. It's like I can be in whatever mood I can be with her and she'll understand all of them despite us not being close for years. At nights I can't sleep well, she was there with droopy eyes and a warm smile as she sang to me with the softest and warmest voice that I could feel to my entire body. On days I'm not myself, she would quickly finish her schedule and meet up with me whether in the dorms or on my schedule. She would bring tteokbokki and she just..." Joohyun could feel a smile blooming on her face as remembered every moment with Chaeyoung.

There were so many times that Chaeyoung has to dress up like a criminal just so no one would recognize her. Joohyun would always be the one to fetch her so that security will let her in and she would explain to everyone that she was a childhood friend.

"She just makes it so easy for me to express myself and tell her everything on my mind even if it's nonsense."

At that point, Seungwan has all the answers she needs. She lets go of Joohyun's hand and tears were still streaming down her face since Joohyun pushed her away.

Joohyun looked on sadly but kept her hands to herself knowing that it would only hurt Seungwan more if she initiated a touch. She sighed and turned around to finally leave and rest

"Thank you."

Joohyun stilled and waited for a moment as Seungwan croaked out once more

"Thank you...for telling me all this."

 

Joohyun just nodded and let out a small smile

 

Maybe things could go well after all

 

Seungwan watched as Joohyun enter her room and whispered while touching her lips; her heart beating fast remembering the still but soft lips of her unnie.

 

"But how can I move on when I'm still in love with you?"


At the same time, while Wenrene was talking, Chaeyoung is looking at the door of her Jisoo-unnie with an anxious look.

"Did Jisoo-unnie really tell Jennie the plan?"

It was not supposed to happen; the one where Jennie and Wendy will know about the plan. Maybe when they did get together with their supposedly respective partners but...

With Joohyun confessing and her being in conflict, the plan is probably down the drain.

It's all about the present now

She took a deep breath and stilled herself

Knock Knock Knock

"Come in!"

Chaeyoung opened the door and peeked her head, seeing Jisoo playing on her phone with Dalgom sleeping on the bed

"Hm? Chaeyoungie" Jisoo gave her a small soft smile "What brings you here? You switching your love to me now?"

Chaeyoung couldn't help but giggle, Jisoo never fails to keep her smile no matter what mood she is in

"Unnie...I need to confirm something" Chaeyoung said softly

Jisoo seems to notice the change in the atmosphere so she paused her game and sat up, looking directly at Chaeyoung

"What is it Chaeyoungie?"

Chaeyoung sat down on Jisoo's bed, taking her time to contemplate

Jisoo knew something was bothering the younger girl so she took Chaeyoung's hand and squeezed it

"What's wrong? You know you can tell me anything right?" Jisoo said in a tone reserved only for Chaeyoung, the one that's soft and gentle that Lisa would have laughed at her or cried in shock being for so uncharacteristically sweet.

"I know unnie, it's just" Chaeyoung shook her head, remembering Joohyun's determined voice, heck she could even picture the confident look on Joohyun's face right now...which is also cute, to be honest.

"Did you tell Jennie-unnie about the plan?"

The cat was now out of the bag...well, the cat is currently in her room right now but going back.

Jisoo was quiet, the only indication that something changed in her expression is the slight widening of her eyes.

"..."

Chaeyoung squeezed Jisoo's hand this time as if to say an answer and that she'll believe her

"Please unnie, I need to know."

Jisoo sighed, eyes showcasing a bit of guilt but more resolute

"I did"

Chaeyoung let go of Jisoo's hand in shock, if she would have said no, Chaeyoung would immediately believe her.

That's how much trust Chaeyoung has in her unnie.

Now, to know that she was the one who told Jennie behind their back...

"Why...?" Chaeyoung whispered in hurt "It would have been okay if it was me or Joohyun who told Jennie-unnie...just, why Jisoo-unnie?"

Jisoo took note of how Chaeyoung removed the 'unnie' from Irene's real name

"It's because you're having feelings for another one Chaeyoung..." Jisoo said, albeit there was a bit of disappointment in her voice "I thought you love Jennie? I thought you love my best friend? Yet why are you hurting her by falling to another Chaeyoung?'

"Tell me," Jisoo pressed on "Why are you falling to Bae Joohyun?"

If Chaeyoung's shock could go any further, it did right now

"W-what?!" Chaeyoung shrieked "I don't! I-I mean I'm not falling to Joohyun!"

"Eyes don't lie Chaeyoungie," Jisoo said solemnly "I had to tell Jennie so she could woman up and you know...so that you two could be together now"

"Unnie..."

"I was...am supporting the both of you for years." Jisoo said, mind going back to how happy she was at seeing the two together "The happiness and love that the both of you unconsciously radiates was so bright and inspiring that it almost made me jealous of what you two have."

Jisoo looked into Chaeyoung's eyes

"Chaennie was inspirable"

"I don't feel so good..." Jennie murmured

They just finished another concert in Melbourne, Chaeyoung's hometown, and Jennie was feeling a bit under the weather.

Well...more like really under the weather

Chaeyoung was immediately at her side before Jisoo or Lisa could say anything

"What's wrong?" Jisoo heard Chaeyoung's worried voice. The parent line of the group was at the back of their van while the crackhead duo was in the middle with their manager driving in the front.

"No, it's nothing" Jennie shook her head, talking in a nonchalant voice

"Typical Jendeukie, always not wanting others to worry about her" Jisoo sighed, she looked back and was about to scold the mandu when she saw Chaeyoung give some kind of look to Jennie which Jennie responded with her own before the older one’s eyes shifted. She gave a small whimper of pain and whispered in her baby voice

"Okay, I'm not doing fine at all..."

Chaeyoung sighed before staring at Jennie so gently and full of unrestricted love seeing that they were the only ones here in the van plus their manager who was too busy driving.

Jisoo kept shut as she continued to observe the two girls behind them with just a side glance, while Lisa is actually sleeping at Jisoo's thighs, completely unaware of what is happening in the real world.

"Come here, lay your head at my shoulders and get some rest. We still have a long way to go seeing that we're in traffic" Chaeyoung said

"But Rosie...you'll get numb" Jennie pouted

"And you're a sick mandu" Chaeyoung teased before grabbing Jennie's hand and intertwining their hands while pulling slightly, unconsciously making Jennie's face much closer to hers.

Both girls blushed deeply at their proximity until Chaeyoung cleared and used her other hand to pull Jennie's head to her shoulder

"Now sleep wifey, I'll take care of you when we get home"

"...are you going to cook me your secret soup recipe?" Jennie continued talking in her baby voice

Chaeyoung chuckled, the sound of music to Jennie's ears almost lulling her to peace "Anything for you Jennie-unnie"

"I'm your wifey..."

Chaeyoung snickered before kissing Jennie's head gently "Anything for you wifey"

Jennie finally let out a tired but radiant gummy smile, gripping their intertwined hands tightly "Yay...cuddle with me later too okay?"

"I will"

Jisoo continued watching them until even Chaeyoung herself fell asleep while protectively holding Jennie against her, her taller structure making her head lay on Jennie's own but they look so peaceful and just...

"right for each other"

Jisoo looked at them with a warm smile before finally turning her head back to Lisa who was snoring slightly. She chuckled at the cute maknae and continued her hair

"If Lisa was awake, she would probably be squealing at a new Chaennie moment" Jisoo chuckled before saying to herself

"I can't wait for them to finally woman up and be together..."

"...was?"

Chaeyoung furrowed her eyebrows and whispered "No...no, I'm not. I...Jennie is..."

Jisoo looked sadly at the denial and conflict on Chaeyoung's face

"Chaeyoungie...if you truly love Jennie, the two of you are supposed to be official now. You now know Jennie's feelings for you, not to mention the way you two kissed." Jisoo reminded Chaeyoung of the kiss.

Chaeyoung blushed hard at that, especially since their best friends were there to see that

"But you're not, I bet you haven't even talked to Jennie yet since the kiss"

Chaeyoung's silence was an answer to Jisoo

"I would suggest keeping your distance from Irene-unnie," Jisoo crossed her arms "Who knows? Maybe this is just an infatuation between you and Irene-unnie. The two of you were busy with your 'plan' that you got used to the presence of the other so much that you crave them constantly."

"Unnie, it's not just our 'plan' that made us close," Chaeyoung said angrily, eyes blazing at the thoughts of hers and Joohyun's relationship was just for the plan that made Jisoo flinched a bit at the intensity of it

"It was more than that! We are..."

Flashbacks of Joohyun texting her constantly and even sending her reels while saying random things just to make her laugh, the improving drawing skills of Joohyun courtesy of Chaeyoung teaching her, and even them just lying in comfortable silence provided the quietness they need from the hectic idol life.

"We are close! I can't lose Joohyun in my life, especially since how she made me feel so at peace and is always there to calm me down when things are getting overwhelming. The way she hugs and smiles...it's immaculate and I can't even believe that she even took the time to get to know me. I'm just clumsy ol' Park Chaeyoung yet the goddess of beauty herself has noticed me! And I..."

"And...?" Jisoo frowned at the realization coming to Chaeyoung's eyes

"I...like her"


So...I'm back? :)) I'm sorry for the really long delay and this is what my brain can come up with for now. I got so busy but Blackpink's comeback just wrecked me! I almost wanted to buy their album but I have to save money for their concert huhuhu.

Going back to the story, I'm kind of in writer's block for this one. A few months ago I have quite some ideas for this story but sadly I didn't write them in a notepad or something so as of right now, my head's an empty space :))). If you guys have any ideas, it might spark my old ideas back so please comment! I'm leaving the ending as is so that any of our ideas can happen either way.

Thank you all for patiently waiting! Love you all and please stay safe everyone!