Chapter 7

Article

Blackpink is in the meeting right now with the higher-ups of their company as well as their producer. They are now planning to have an online concert and talking about the different concepts for their songs and line-ups.

"Seeing that all of your fans and new fans as well are loving your new album, we decided that you girls should create new choreographies for your new songs like Crazy Over You and some changed the choreo of Pretty Savage..."

 

The four girls were listening intently, well, except for two.

 

Chaeyoung tried to keep her gaze straight but it keeps on going down on her lap where her phone is as she remembered what she and Joohyun talked about days ago

 

"Rosie..."

 

Chaeyoung could hear Joohyun's breath hitched as she repeated what Chaeyoung just said

 

"I also can't get you out of my head...even way before the kiss"

 

Chaeyoung sat up in shock, heart beating way too fast hearing that answer

 

"W-what? What do you mean Joohyun?"

 

On the other side, Joohyun clenched her fist; is getting too dry because of nervousness but a glimmer of determination can be seen in her eyes

 

"Rosie...Chaeyoung, I've been having these feelings for you"

 

Chaeyoung could only drop in shock "Joohyun...don't tell me you're..." She gulped as Joohyun answered her loud and clear

 

"I like you."

 

She could still remember how awe she was at hearing Joohyun's confession because well...

 

Why did she easily confess to her but had such a hard time confessing to Wendy?

 

Joohyun knew that she has feelings for Jennie yet despite that...why did she confess so confidently?

 

Then her mind went back to her answer at that confession

 

"Joohyun..."

 

"I know you still have feelings for Jennie" Joohyun cut her off knowing Chaeyoung is way too speechless "And I want you to know that I do like you, not just in a platonic way. I wanted to tell you because I know no matter what happens, you won't leave me and..."

 

Then Joohyun's voice became small

 

"Things won't change between us right?"

 

"Joohyun I...I don't have any answers right now" Chaeyoung said honestly "But I can assure you that I can't afford to lose you in my life Bae Joohyun. I'll be damned if I let that happen after everything."

 

Joohyun heard Chaeyoung say it so warmly and lovingly that it makes her want to rush into the girl's room and kiss her senselessly, not to mention she just cursed, but she put down that feeling and just said

 

"That's okay Rosie" Joohyun smiled and said in a soothing voice "We will always be together no matter what happens, I also can't afford to lose you in my life."

 

"Thank you Joohyun...for understanding"

 

"Chaeng! Aren't you excited?" Lisa whispered excitedly to her, cutting her flashback at that moment "You're going to release your new song at our concert!"

That earned a few laughs and chuckles as, despite Lisa whispering it to Chaeyouung, they could clearly hear it all over the room

Chaeyoung managed to laugh to show that she was truly listening at the meeting

"Yeah, I can't wait but..." Chaeyoung chuckled sheepishly "What...song am I releasing?'

Their producer laughed and answered "The song "Gone", the one you recorded years ago"

The 3 girls of Blackpink looked at her in surprise

"You recorded a song years ago and didn't say it to us?" Jisoo pouted "I'm betrayed pasta!"

Chaeyoung laughed nervously "Of course, it would be that song," She thought

"Well, I'm sure whatever song it is, Rosie will do incredible"

Chaeyoung looked at Jennie who just gave her a small smile, her eyes not in their usual shine but despite that, Jennie talked to her. She gave Chaeyoung some space and heck even right now sitting next to her; Chaeyoung could feel Jennie wanting to hold her hand but is refraining to do so.

Chaeyoung once again sighed internally and curse her stupid whipped heart for doing what she was doing to do next.

Jennie seems shocked but quickly schooled her facial expression as they are in a meeting with the others right now, but the gummy smile that immediately lit up the whole room is there when Chaeyoung grabbed her hand and squeezed it comfortingly plus with Chaeyoung's warm and loving smile at her that always reminded her why she's head over heels with this girl

"Thank you Jennie-unnie, I really appreciate it"

With that, Jennie's days of sadness quickly ended in that one sentence that Chaeyoung said to her after days of not communicating with each other.


Wendy laid on her bed for who knows how many hours, her mind running on different things; from her feelings for Joohyun, Joohyun's own feelings, Chaeyoung's as well, and might as well add Jennie to the list.

"From the way how Chaeyoung said the truth that day...she looks like she really meant to have fallen in love with Jennie instead of Joohyun..." Wendy wants to slam her head into the wall for having such turmoil.

Help Joohyun court Chaeyoung who has feelings for Jennie, or pursue Joohyun despite her falling in love with someone else?

"What should I do?" Wendy murmured, eyes slightly burning with tears "Joohyun clearly has feelings for Chaeyoung...but, where do I go through this?"

A knock on her room and the door opened; Wendy sighed, knowing who it is.

"Seul...you really got to stop worrying about me you know?" Wendy said and smiled tiredly in an attempt to cheer up the bear "I'm okay, I've accepted it and...I know it's my fault anyways"

"Seungwan..."

Wendy felt Seulgi sit next to her bed as she continued "I shouldn't have been too confident...I got too comfortable. I...I should have made the first move"

"I enjoyed spending time too much with Joohyun and you guys, that I didn't think we need to talk about the nature of our relationship. I've acted as my usual single self and now here I am" Wendy chuckled sadly

 

"In a dilemma whether to pursue Joohyun-unnie or to help her with her feelings to Chaeyoung"

 

Wendy seems surprised at the usually slow bear who just gave her a sad smile

 

"I'm not that slow Seungwan; I've watched way too many K-dramas to know what is happening anyways" She joked around and managed to crack an amused smile from Wendy's lips

 

"You're in a second lead curse, you know? the one who helps the one they love to pursue their true love which is the other main character"

 

Seulgi laughed when Wendy smacked her softly with a pillow

 

"You're such a bother"

 

"Yet you love me anyways"

 

"Dream on"

 

Wendy snorted and soon both of them are laughing at their usual bickering

 

"But seriously Seungwan," Seulgi said in a much more serious tone "What are you going to do?"

 

Wendy closed her eyes "...what I should have done long ago"

 

She looked at Seulgi and said with dread and nervousness in her voice

 

"I'm going to talk to Joohyun"


"Rosie...can we talk?"

Chaeyoung held her breath, she knew this was coming sooner after what she did earlier. The group is now back in their dorm to rest as preparations for their upcoming concert will start tomorrow.

"I better text Joohyun that I'll be busy starting tomorrow..."

She didn't know why she has this need to update Joohyun, but the image of an upset and even a disappointed Joohyun pinches her heart

Jisoo and Lisa looked between their two members with concern; after all, they did notice the distance happening between them for days now

"Is there something going on?" Jisoo decided to finally ask since they're together right now anyways "I know that the both of you know that we noticed your sudden separation. What happened to hubby and wifey?" She ended jokingly and effectively cracked a smile from the married line of their group.

"At least that got them to smile" Jisoo exhaled in relief inwardly. She is worried about what is happening but for the sake of all of them, Jisoo kept shut.

She won't interfere unless things are getting more complex

"You see..." Chaeyoung didn't know why she seems so nervous opening up to her other two members about the first kiss she just had

"Chae...what's wrong" Lisa whispered, her usual cheery demeanor replaced by a somber one "I've never seen you this...frustrated and lost"

Jennie frowned seeing Chaeyoung's hesitance and clenched her fists...

If Chaeyoung is showing hesitance for revealing to their other members about her first kiss then that means...

Jennie exhaled loudly, she knows nothing will go right by doing things aggressively as she learned her lesson from her last fight with Chaeyoung so, with a surprisingly gentle tone, she touched Chaeyoung's arm and squeezed it lightly

"I understand if you don't want to talk to us or even see us right now." Jennie said gently "But always know that we're always here for you okay? Especially me"

Chaeyoung looked at Jennie's surprisingly gentle face that is full of warmth, Chaeyoung knew her heart is beating fast again because of the older girl

"Curse you Jennie for being like this..."

Chaeyoung bit her lip and closed her eyes. The three members observed her as the main vocalist took a deep breath before opening her eyes that is shining with resolution and a bit of fear.

 

"I...I had my first kiss"

 

Lisoo's eyes widened while Jennie bit her tongue to stop the pain coursing inside of her right now at the confirmation.

 

"First kiss?" Jisoo's eyes quickly went to her best friend and could feel horror striking her when she saw Jennie was not in a celebratory mood. "Then that means..."

 

"Who...who is it, Chae?" Lisa decided to be the one to ask as Chaeyoung's best friend. She felt sad that the girl older than her in a month didn't say anything about this surprising revelation, but she understands. After all, first kiss is something that should be cherish and in this line of their work, it's scary to think what would happen if someone caught you.

 

Chaeyoung looked down as if gathering strength, her hand lifted to touch her lips and remembering how full she felt when Joohyun kissed her with such passion and feelings.

 

It was incomparable

 

Well...Chaeyoung has no one to compare that kiss to but still

 

"It was with Joohyun...Bae Joohyun"

 

Chaeyoung finally told them which made Lisa and Jisoo gasped loudly while Jennie stood rigid. The two crackheads also took note of how casual Chaeyoung said Irene's real name as if they were super close.

"Joohyun?! As in Bae Joohyun aka Irene-unnie from Red Velvet?!" Jisoo shouted and Chaeyoung nodded in confirmation. Lisa's knees buckled at the news, the shock attacking her all at once.

"B-but" Lisa stuttered "How? And why did you keep it to us? Unless you're..."

Jennie snapped her head to Lisa, eyes widening in alarm and realization

"Chaeyoung wouldn't tell us...but why?"

If Chaeyoung felt nothing, she shouldn't feel any hesitation in telling it to them. And if she did feel something, it would complicate things. Knowing Chaeyoung, the younger girl would keep it quiet to not complicate things, especially in their group.

Jennie is really trying to calm down her feelings right now but she's on the verge of failing miserably at thought of Irene and Chaeyoung kissing with such feelings and...

Jennie didn't want to venture any further

"I...I didn't know how to tell it to be honest" Chaeyoung answered "Well, Jennie already has an inkling feeling about what happened to us but"

"Wait, wait" Jisoo stopped Chaeyoung and asked, "How did Jennie here know about it?"

Jennie pursued her lips and answered for Chaeyoung "I was with Rosie at Red Velvet's dorm."

"Why were you there?" Lisa asked her

This time, even Chaeyoung looked at Jennie with wonder

"I...I wanted to be with Rosie" Jennie said softly, almost looking shy at the confession.

Jisoo let out a small knowing smile, Lisa seems giddy at finally seeing her unnie in action, while Chaeyoung...

Chaeyoung bit her lip as her mind and heart swirled in a twister of feelings

"So, what happened then?" Jisoo directed it this time to Chaeyoung

Chaeyoung sighed "Long story short, we played a truth or dare card game and Joohyun picked a dare where she has to play 7 minutes of heaven of her choosing."

Jisoo and Lisa looked at each other before back at Chaeyoung

"Then she picked you?" Lisa guessed and Chaeyoung nodded in affirmation

"Yeah...I wasn't expecting her to really choose me especially since..." Chaeyoung trailed off leaving Jennie confused and a bit angry at her Red Velvet best friend. Lisoo looked at each other once again, one with dread and the other with nervousness.

"Who initiated the kiss?"

This time, it was Jennie who asked after letting the two girls interrogate her hubby.

Jennie wanted to know...she wanted to know who kissed first. Who initiated the kiss and if...

 

If Chaeyoung felt something in that kiss

 

Lisoo also wanted to know who started the kiss...as for one woman's mind knew that the answer would change the course of action.

 

Chaeyoung couldn't help but feel heat enter her cheeks remembering the kiss once again

 

Chaeyoung could feel sudden butterflies in her stomach going out of control at how Joohyun moved her soft and inviting lips against hers; she shivered in pleasure when Joohyun touched a sensitive part on her neck, caressing it gently as if saying to stop talking and just...

 

 

Do it

 

Chaeyoung closed her eyes and gasped when Joohyun boldly bit her lip; the moment Chaeyoung gasped, an invasive tongue caresses hers and she could feel hands roaming her body and neck.

 

"I-It was Joohyun that kissed me" Chaeyoung stuttered and the three remaining members of Blackpink drop their mouths in shock and pain (for a certain cat-eyed member). Not believing that the ice-cold leader of Red Velvet initiated the kiss upon their chipmunk member.

 

Well they also won't believe it either if Chaeyoung was the one who initiated it considering she's a shy gay-panicking girl but still

 

"You didn't get further than that?" Jisoo asked and Chaeyoung groaned

 

Joohyun bit the sensitive skin on Chaeyoung's neck and smiled satisfactorily hearing Chaeyoung gasp in pleasure and whine. She slowly the spot she just bit and started .

 

"Yah!" Chaeyoung shouted surprising her members, wanting to get those images out of her head especially when she's basically telling what happened in Joohyun's room.

"So, she did?" Jisoo raised an eyebrow seeing Chaeyoung's red face and weird shout "What did you do Chaeyoungie?"

Chaeyoung doesn't like this version of Jisoo at all; it's where she's really serious and goes into detective mode that she and others have no chance of getting out of. It didn't work for Jennie years ago since Chaeyoung was the one who got her out of that cave called Jennie's room so Chaeyoung thought maybe her Jisoo-unnie got lenient.

Apparently, it's not the case seeing that Jisoo is looking at her like she's a suspect.

"What do you mean unnie?" Chaeyoung asked, hoping her puppy eyes full of innocence will work on Jisoo but alas it didn't as Chaeyoung is starting to sense the atmosphere is really serious now making her gulp.

"Did you return the kiss? Did you let her?"

Jisoo was not sugarcoating her words; it made Jennie be in awe at her best friend and feel a sense of thankfulness for how Jisoo is protecting and supporting her feelings toward their main vocalist.

Jisoo knew that Jennie couldn't ask Chaeyoung these questions because her feelings are always overcoming her and will definitely end up upsetting both her and Chaeyoung...like what happened last time.

"......"

Nothing.

Chaeyoung didn't know why she can't just blurt it out. She was getting frustrated with herself and was panicking inwardly. She felt a hand touching her own and looked up to see Lisa nodding at her with encouragement and a small smile as if they'll get through this together and that she will help her.

 

Chaeyoung at that moment, was utterly grateful for her best friend

 

"I let her be" Chaeyoung finally opened up "I didn't know what was going on at first because why the hell would Bae Joohyun would kiss me."

 

"I...I did return the kiss because I was overwhelmed" Chaeyoung continued "That kiss...it felt like Joohyun was pouring out all her feelings and that I could feel her emotions and it was...exhilarating to say the least"

 

Jennie couldn't breathe, the pain clogging her heart as Chaeyoung continues to answer Jisoo's question

 

 

"Stop..." Jennie thought

 

 

"After that one kiss, we went for another..."

 

 

 

"Stop..."

 

 

 

"Then Joohyun went on and almost gave me a mark if it wasn't for"

 

 

 

"Stop!"

 

 

 

Everyone looked at Jennie who was heaving rather hard as if she could finally breathe after she shouted for Chaeyoung to stop talking.

 

"Stop..." Jennie murmured as Jisoo looked at her sadly but she asked those questions to confirm something.

 

And she did.

 

Lisa squeezed Chaeyoung's hand tightly seeing the swirl of emotions running through Chaeyoung face; nostalgia, shock, sadness, then pain. The maknae looked at her rapper unnie and saw a glimmer of tears that were swirling in anger and pain. At that moment, the maknae knew that is about to get really dramatic and serious.

 

Chaeyoung wasn't blind, she saw the anger and jealousy in Jennie's eyes. She stepped closer to Jennie as Lisa let go of her hand while Jisoo watch, wondering what would Chaeyoung do.

 

"Jennie..."

 

Warm hands wrapped around Jennie's shaking body and Chaeyoung even cupped Jennie's dumpling cheek, catching the lone tear that escaped from her eye. She can't bear the person she has feelings for crying like this no matter how bad things happened over the past few years. Despite the bad things, there were also moments that always make her heart come back for Jennie.

 

"I'm here, I'm not going away. Don't cry please"

 

 

 

Jennie did something unthinkable that not all of them are prepared for what happened next.

 

 

 

Jennie kept on looking into Chaeyoung's concerned and hurting eyes before she closed her own in resignation, grabbed Chaeyoung's neck, and pulled

 

 

 

Pulled Chaeyoung's lips to her own.

 

 

 

Lisoo once again had their mouth open like a gaping fish as they watch their two members kiss right in front of their very eyes. It was not just a simple peck on the lips 

 

 

No.

 

 

It was a full-blown passionate kiss. The kiss was so sudden and dare they say, hot, that it was almost scandalous.

 

 

Chaeyoung without a second thought suddenly kissed back, forgetting that they have an audience watching them like they were suddenly closing an ad with in it. There was no hesitation and possibly years of bottling up their concealed feelings were just starting to release.

 

Jennie moaned out loud and Lisoo looked at each other uncomfortably

 

"It's like we're watching a Chaennie fic come to life" - Jisoo

 

"I should be squealing right now but I honestly didn't expect this" - Lisa

 

Jennie Chaeyuoung's bottom lip to the point it turned ruby red and she grasped Chaeyoung's hair tightly making the younger girl hum in surprised pleasure at the action. Chaeyoung was already running her hands all over Jennie so gently and even lovingly as she was lost in the sudden kiss they are having right now.

 

They were suddenly pulled away by their respective best friends; Jisoo with Jennie and Lisa with Chaeyoung

 

"Whoa there, you guys almost forgetting we're in the living room with two members watching you like 50 shades and not your room that has full privacy if you ask me" Jisoo chuckled awkwardly

"So...what now?" Lisa asked and giving Jennie a bit of a stinky eye for making things more complicated than it seems.

Chaennie looked at each other, one with hooded eyes and the one with uncertainty as light is coming back to her eyes now.

Jennie glanced at Chaeyoung's ruby lip and could only smile inwardly. Her mind getting a bit crazier at finally staking a claim on Chaeyoung and finally, finally being able to show her feelings to Chaeyoung.

It boosted her confidence really, especially since Chaeyoung didn't waste any time kissing back.

Chaeyoung gulped nervously "What the hell just happened?" Her mind went blank the moment Jennie's lips touched her own. Her body reacted like it was meant to be and she kissed back with no hesitation at all.

"Joohyun..." Her mind immediately went back to Joohyun and she shook her head to get herself together.

"Rosie..." Jennie called out to her and Chaeyooung stared back, seeing how Jennie's eyes glimmer with determination and dare she say...

 

Love.

 

Their eyes communicated as Lisoo looked at them nervously while they kept their hold on their respective best friends.

 

 

Jennie was the one who broke the eye contact and turned around without saying any more

 

 

After all

 

 

Chaeyoung knew the answers already judging by her eyes

 

Jisoo let go of Jennie and watched her best friend go inside her room with an aura of mystery. The eldest looked back at Chaeyoung who finally sighed and muttered something that Lisa heard immediately.

Judging from Lisa's worried and panicking face, it's not just Jennie that Chaeyoung is having trouble with.

Jisoo looked back at Jennie's room and knew she will have to do something by now, one that relates to a certain doe-eyed leader of Red Velvet.


Jennie hummed in her room, a part of her happy and a part of her frustrated. Happy because she was finally able to get a taste of her hubby and it was absolutely delicious and an explosion of feelings. She shivered remembering the softness of Chaeyoung's touch on her and the heat she felt all over her body is cannot be compared to numerous practices for concerts and performances.

 

It was that hot.

 

She's also frustrated, not at Chaeyoung, but with herself. She was unable to really control her emotions once again and the result of the resignation is a kiss. A really burning kiss that Jennie will never forget. She's frustrated and even scared that Chaeyoung might avoid her again but from their eye contest earlier, she knew it's not the case.

 

Chaeyoung has strong feelings for her that's for sure

 

The problem is...

 

Jennie growled out

 

"Irene..."

 

Jennie was not blind, Irene has feelings for Chaeyoung as well and Chaeyoung just saw that after their kiss. Jennie has to sigh though

"Why does Chaeyoung only realizes someone has feelings for her after kissing..."

A knock on her door and Jennie yelled out "Come in"

The door knob turned and right there at her bedroom door is her best friend

"Jisoo-unnie" Jennie gave her a small smile of gratitude "What made you come to my room?"

"Hey Jendeukie" Jisoo grinned and closed the door while petting Kuma at Jennie's bed. She sat down and looked at Jennie seriously

"I would like to ask you something"

Jennie tilted her head like a kid talking to her big sister "What is it unnie?"

"Do you conclude that Irene-unnie has feelings for Chaeyoungie?"

"What is up with her speech? conclude? is this a research paper?"

Jennie really does not know what is going on with Jisoo's mind sometimes but from her serious expression, Jennie knew it was not the time to joke around and answered

"Yeah...from the way Irene clings to my hubby and looks at her even way before me interrupting their...dare" Jennie's lip twitched angrily but continued "I knew something was up. Heck, I was also getting more agitated because you and Lisa are always yanking me away from them whenever they're here at our dorm" She accused Jisoo with an angry pout (still looks cute though).

Jisoo sighed and whispered "This is bad...I have an inkling that would happen but I didn't expect it to escalate like this..."

Jennie seems suspicious "Jisoo," She called out without any humor "What is going on? What the heck are you saying?"

Jisoo bit her lip and will definitely answer that with full honesty after confirming something earlier...

 

 

Confirmed that Chaeyoung is now indeed in conflict with her feelings

 

 

"They had a plan, Jennie. A plan to make you and Wendy-unnie jealous"


Whoa there step on the brakes as red lights are flashing now. Red means danger if you get what I mean. Things are really escalating now and I would like to ask you all;

 

How long would you like the story would be? I was planning to end it around the Queendom era but it can change depending if I am now running out of gas. I hope you enjoy this chapter because there is more coming up on the next one which is also available as I lost a bet. I should really stop making bets as I'm unlucky on that end AHAHAH. Enjoy the next chapter!