Chapter 4

Article

"W-what?"

Chaeyoung said, stunned at what just came out of Wendy's mouth

"Make Joohyun-unnie...happy?"

Chaeyoung started panicking; this is not part of their plan and Chaeyoung doesn't know how to handle this kind of situation at all!

"I've seen the way she looks at you Chaeyoung-ah..." Wendy then smiled sadly "After all, it was the same way she looks at me before."

Wendy touched her face as if reminiscing something "A part of me is blaming the accident you know? While I was getting better, my members are already having their own schedules so their time to visit lessened to a degree...but I understand because this is our life as an idol."

"Then a few months later, I've noticed that Joohyun has been spending more of her time on her phone and then going out somewhere. We all have suspicions that maybe our leader is dating someone and that's when I finally started getting scared" Wendy gripped her chest as if holding her heart

Chaeyoung kept mum, she felt like Wendy needed to tell her this after bottling up for who knows how long.

"But why tell it to me though? Could it be that Joohyun-unnie is..."

"Scared that someone was going to take Joohyun away from us...from me" Wendy clenched her fist "I was having these thoughts if something changed between us because of the accident or did Joohyun has gotten sick of me. Her eyes started changing..her routines made us think about what she was doing and for the first time in my life, I can't seem to reach her"

Wendy then looked at the concerned Chaeyoung and she unclenched her fist while sighing "Then we discovered that it was you who she was talking to...and at that moment, I remembered the article about the two of you. At first, I laughed at how absurd that was. It would make even more sense if it was Joy or me whom you had a dating scandal in our group" Wendy chuckled at the last part

"After realizing that the two of you have been hanging out, that's when I started to truly see how Joohyun was changing..."

"Change in...what way unnie?" Chaeyoung asked cautiously

"Her love for me changed...and it's now directed to you Chaeyoung" Wendy looked at Chaeyoung in the eyes and said it so bluntly that Chaeyoung kept shut as she didn't know how to reply to that.

"Wendy-unnie I..." Chaeyoung is struggling with what to reply

"Please don't tell me you don't feel the same way" Wendy look away and said with a bit of a bitter tone "You know you're extremely lucky having a Bae Joohyun looking at you with love and even taking care of you with that soft look of hers..."

"But unnie..."

Chaeyoung's vulnerable and almost desperate tone made Wendy look back at her and her eyes widened a bit seeing Chaeyoung almost close to crying

"Please don't feel like that...and believe me when I say Joohyun-unnie treasures you so so much!" Chaeyoung said "I..."

A certain cat-eyed woman crossed Chaeyoung's mind

"Jennie is..."

Wendy seems surprised, not expecting a new name to be brought up

"Jennie...as in Jennie Kim? Why did Chaeyoung bring her up?"

Chaeyoung seems to be blushing her as if it was Jennie she was talking to

"Jennie is the one I..."

"You guys alright?"

Both main vocalists were startled and saw Joohyun looking at them with an indescribable face

"Joohyun-unnie!"

"Joohyun..."

Joohyun...or rather Irene with the way her face is looking right now, sat next to Chaeyoung and glanced at them with a bit of concern

"Are you both...crying?"

Chaeyoung laughed nervously "No no! I was just telling Wendy-unnie about Jennie-unnie"

"Ah right, what she said...?" Wendy looks confused at the way Chaeyoung seems to be too nervous when Joohyun entered the living room

"Jennie?" Irene said sharply "What about her?"

Chaeyoung blinked at the icy aura of the eldest and tried to send some kind of message with her eyes

"Uhm unnie? The plan?"

If it can get colder, Irene did it with just her glance alone

"Jennie is not here. You're talking to Wendy."

"That is the purpose, right? The plan is not just for me unnie...it's for you too"

Chaeyoung frowned, looking at her unnie confusingly as her actions is going against their plan. Thankfully for Irene, a voice interrupted their mind talk.

"Unnies, we have a visitor"

The two maknaes of Red Velvet appeared in the living room along with Seulgi who was strangely pouting while mumbling "Why do I have to wash the dishes alone..."

Irene looked back and saw Joy looking confused and lost while Yeri has a face as if she was going to watch one of the best movies in the world, all that was left is popcorn in her hand to finish that look.

"Who is it?" Irene asked, not liking the dread she was suddenly feeling

Joy and Yeri started walking forward and behind them is a small bean of dumpling with a smug smirk and eyes lighting up seeing a certain chipmunk next to Irene

"Annyeong! (Hi!)"

Chaeyoung drop in shock, not expecting this at all

"Jennie-unnie?!"

That's when the temperature in the room dropped and everyone looked at the source, only to see Irene with a frown on her beautiful face (almost looking like a snarl)

"Jennie."

Jennie waved at the obviously icy Irene

"Hey unnie, I just finished my shoot and decided to hang out with you" Jennie grinned and took it upon herself to snug Chaeyoung with a hug and kiss on the cheek, which reddened at the blatant show of affection "I'm very glad to see you here Rosie, looks like I'm not going home alone then"

"U-Unnie?!" Chaeyoung stuttered

"Something the matter Rosie?" Jennie said with a sly grin while still maintaining her sit on Chaeyoung's lap

"N-Nothing..."

"Shouldn't you have stayed home Jennie?" Irene said with a forced smile "You should have taken the time to rest instead of hanging out with me"

Jennie shrugged and said with an innocent smile "What can I say?" She grabbed Chaeyoung's hand and intertwined them before looking at Irene with fire in her eyes

"I love hanging out with you especially since we're always so competitive about something"


The seven of them sat down on the floor of the living room with a slightly awkward atmosphere;

Joy was looking strangely between Chaeyoung, Irene, and Jennie...well, most especially Jennie because why the hell was the girl in their dorm with no announcement that she's coming at all?

"Don't tell me..." The tension she's feeling right now makes her feel like she's watching a typical k-drama and she hopes inside her heart that it's not that case at all because most endings are not that happy...and she doesn't want that to happen to her favorite mother.

Yeri is having the time of her life judging from the amused and bliss expression on her face, she really needs that popcorn for things to be perfect now. Well...for her at least. She's not at all bothered by the awkward tension and has full confidence that all of them will walk out of this as happy women.

Seulgi is sitting next to Wendy, eyes confused like a lost bear as she looked at Jennie and the now blushing Chaeyoung since Jennie apparently whispered something in her ear...and now she's curious what it was since she has never seen Park Chaeyoung so red like that. I mean, the girl is easy to blush but the color on her cheeks today is like ruby and the bear is worried that she might pass out from all the blushing. She then looked at the eldest among all of them who was clenching her fist so hard as if there's a plan that was hindered or been demolished.

Wendy is actually looking thoughtful; she was not given the award by Obama for nothing after all. "The words that Chaeyoung said earlier...could it be that she was going to say Jennie is the one she loves?" She would need to look at this further and if she were right by that assumption, she needs a lot of thinking to do...

Whether to pursue Irene despite her falling in love with someone else, or help her get the one she loves right now...which is the girl whose cheeks are red as a ruby right now

Chaeyoung is getting embarrassed at how her face is so hot right now "Stupid wifey...." She muttered under her breath

"Want to go to a spa after this?" Jennie whispered to her ear

"Why unnie, are you feeling stressed lately?" Chaeyoung turned to look at her with eyes full of concern while frowning "Aigoo, I told you, you should rest and not push yourself too hard"

Jennie giggled quietly as the Velvets seem quiet, probably on their own thoughts at her sudden arrival "Well...if you really want to destress me. I want to see you ." She inwardly laughed at the sudden stiffness of the younger girl and continued "Maybe you'll get lucky and see me in that same state and I can help you destress as well" She whispered seductively before pulling away, proud at the ruby cheeks of her hubby

Chaeyoung shook her head to get rid of the memory and fanned her face to get rid of the blush and well...the sudden hotness she's feeling right now because of her wifey's recent actions.

Irene can feel her eyebrows twitch in annoyance seeing the two Blackpink girls whispering to each other as if they're secret lovers and they're just an audience

 

"What is this Romeo and Juliet?" Irene seethed seeing Chaeyoung blush

 

The chipmunk girl came here to hang out with her! They haven't seen each other in a while and yet...

 

Why was she not even looking at Irene?

 

From the way Jennie's eyes lowered as she and Chaeyoung talk like they're in their world is making Irene feel some kind of anger inside and it's almost reaching its breaking point especially since Chaeyoung's attention seems to be on the cat-eyed girl ever since she appeared.

 

"Chaeyoung switch with me"

 

"Finally some action" Yeri clapped inwardly watching Chaeyoung snap her head back to Irene as she was between Jennie and the older girl. Irene was using such a commanding voice and even calling her by her Korean name that Chaeyoung immediately obeyed her with no complaints, standing up and switching places with Irene. She was now in between the said unnie and Wendy.

Jennie raised an eyebrow "Oh. did you miss me that much unnie?" Jennie chuckled but her eyes are getting angry at the blatant way that Irene just ordered her hubby around

"Yeah, I do" Irene replied so casually, as if making it obvious that she's actually not. 

"So!"

Seulgi cannot take this tension anymore and said "Let's play!" Everyone looked at Seulgi waiting for her to continue. A few moments of silence and they all sweat-dropped as Seulgi is not showing or telling any kind of games at all

"Um..unnie? What are we playing?" Chaeyoung said shyly

Seulgi sighed, her face a bit red with embarrassment, and sent a pointed look at Yeri "Well, you're the one who got some kind of card game. What are we playing?"

Yeri cackled, she loves messing with her Seulgi-unnie so much and she put the cards in the middle while Joy placed an empty bottle as well

"We're playing the truth or dare cards"

Chaeyoung tilted her head "Is this the game where the user will spin the bottle and the one where the bottle points to will pick a card and do what it says?"

Seulgi nodded excitedly "Yeah that's right!" She beamed at Chaeyoung who giggled shyly at the attention of her small girl crush. "But in our cards, you'll see that there's a truth or dare, so before picking the card you'll have to choose top or bottom."

Yeri grabbed one card and showed it to the Blackpink members

"For example, the truth here is at the top which says that 'What is the most expensive thing that you have broken?' and at the bottom is the dare that says 'Slow dance to the person on your right with a super cheesy song playing in the background'" Yeri explained, "If you picked top, you'll have to say the truth and if you picked bottom, you'll do the dare."

"So, basically the top is the truth and the bottom is the dare?" Jennie asked

Wendy shook her head and grinned "Nope, the cards randomized it in a way to make it more thrilling"

"Did you get it?" Irene asked Chaeyoung who nodded enthusiastically "Yup I get it unnie," She said toothily

"I'll start then" Joy beamed, feeling excited to finally hang out with her members as a whole plus two more of their friends. She spun the bottle and it landed on Seulgi

"Aww why am I so unlucky" Seulgi groaned and grabbed a card while saying "Top"

Seulgi opened the card and read "Oh it's a simple truth" She grinned and showed it to everyone

"What is the best quality to have when you have a partner?" Yeri read and snorted "Boring!"

"I like the dare more" Joy smirked and read "Take a bite of a sandwich that everyone makes"

Seulgi glared playfully at the maknaes but answered the truth anyway "The best quality for me would be...someone who's loving and understanding; that person would also be someone fun to hang around but can also hang in silence"

"So basically...like you and Wendy-unnie?" Joy pointed out with a cunning glint in her eyes, subtly eyeing Irene.

"Seul! I didn't know you love me!" Wendy teased while Seulgi snorted and waved her best friend off

"Dream on!"

Seulgi subtly took a glance at Irene who doesn't seem that much affected by what Joy said which disappoint her a bit

"Looks like you're really changing unnie..."

Seulgi shook her head and spun the bottle and it pointed to Jennie this time

"Top" Jennie said confidently

Jennie eagerly opened the card and raised an eyebrow seeing the truth "What is my favorite place to be kissed"

Chaeyoung's ears perk up and her blush is quickly returning when Jennie locked eyes with her

Jennie smirked and winked at the chipmunk girl and said "I would love to be kissed at the lips or neck" The way Jennie said it seem so innocent but Chaeyoung noticed how Jennie's eyes traveled lower until Chaeyoung realized where her eyes are pointing at.

She gulped and decided to finally look away from her alluring wifey, heart beating fast as she thought "Why does Jennie have to do everything with so much...sensuality! Why the heck are the others not noticing this!?"

Irene frowned and crossed her arms, eyes looking like daggers as she looked at Chaeyoung who was not looking at anyone right now.

Yeri whistled "I don't know if I needed that information but if someone asked me how you would like to be kissed, I'm definitely charging them for this"

This made everyone laugh and it quickly got rid of some of the tension as they started to slowly enjoy the game.


Aside from watching Wendy aegyo in the cutest way possible that it's not supposed to be shown on-cam (especially on how everyone even Jennie melted at the aegyo), Joy playfully danced ily to Chaeyoung (in which Irene added this on her list of why-I-don't-have-a-daughter-like-her and Jennie pinching Chaeyoung for slightly enjoying the dance), Seulgi having to eat the sandwich everyone made (Someone put pickles and onions on it...and she's just really unlucky to pick a card that has the same dare as ealier), and Yeri having to confess on what age she watched...mature contents (yadong) which were actually very young...before they were Red Velvet she means.

"Despite knowing it early, my mind is quite mature" Yeri chirped "Much more mature than Grandma there"

"Yah!" Irene glared at her only daughter and pouted slightly making Chaeyoung giggle at her unnie

"See, even Chaeyoung-ah agrees with me" Yeri said smugly

Irene raised an eyebrow at Chaeyoung and smirked "You think that's funny?" Her eyes glinted in rare mischievousness and pinched Chaeyoung's side making said girl yelp a bit

"Oh we are not doing this again..." Chaeyoung whispered with a playful look in her eyes "You know the last time this happened unnie"

Irene leaned forward, taking a page from Jennie's moves

"Yeah...you were on top of me and..." Irene whispered ily on Chaeyoung's ears"I never would have thought I would enjoy being at your mercy, Rosie..."

Chaeyoung blushed beet red and leaned away from her suddenly y unnie

 

What is up with her unnies lately?!

 

Yeri laughed out loud "Wow unnie, whatever you said to Chaeyoung-ah made her quiet"

Wendy resisted the urge to get away but she knows she has to endure this since the game is not yet done and she does truly want to hang out with them while Joy was rolling her eyes at her mother. Seulgi on the other hand is looking between Irene and Chaeyoung like a camera, wondering what is really up with them. Her sharp eyes then switched to Jennie who was sporting an RBF (Resting Face) as the cat-eyed girl said (demanded)

"Let's continue the game!"

Yeri chuckled and spun the bottle and this time...

It pointed to Chaeyoung who gulped at first before pressing her hand to the latest card

"I'll go for the bottom"

Chaeyoung smiled to get rid of some of the tension and opened her card, eyes widening a bit at the question as Joy read it since Chaeyoung's mouth seems to be not moving.

 

"Among the people playing, who would you think would be the one you'll fall in love with?"

 

Immediately, two sharp eyes (one next to her and the other next to the...one) quickly locked on her and Chaeyoung could already feel sweats forming and ready to go down on her face

 

"Well...this is bad"

 

Clearly this game is made for drama and parties that can either make or shatter relationships...

 

Especially in their situation right now

 

Chaeyoung knew she has to make a decision soon, her eyes flitted towards Seulgi and contemplated choosing her instead but others might say she was lying since she's never been seen interacting like a shy teen girl around Seulgi. Then her eyes switched to Joy who winked at her, eyes shining brightly as if Chaeyoung would pick her making the chipmunk girl's lips curl in a charming smile. Yeri noticed this and rolled her eyes, nudging Joy with her elbow as if to snap out of it. Chaeyoung has to chuckle inwardly at the huff that Joy made at the maknae.

That leaves three more people...

"Wendy-unnie...Joohyun-unnie...and Jennie-unnie"

"Wow, Chaeyoung must really be taking this seriously" Seulgi chuckled "Can I know if I'm one of your options?" She teased

Chaeyoung blushed slightly and waved her hand frantically "Y-yeah! I mean...the card said among the people playing so all of you are kind of my options..." She said shyly

Well, there goes not seen interacting like a shy teen girl

"Well Rosie?" Irene and Jennie said it at the same time which earned a muffled laugh from Yeri while slapping Joy's arm delightfully making the taller girl growl and swatted her hands away while huffing.

Chaeyoung could actually feel the sweat running down her face now and then her eyes flitted to Wendy who was watching her carefully as if the name that Chaeyoung would drop would make something in Wendy's mind decide an important decision. She even thought of choosing Wendy but...

 

This is truth or dare! She has to tell the truth.

 

"Make Joohyun-unnie happy..."

 

Chaeyoung's eyes turned to determination as she remembered what Wendy just said to her earlier "This plan is not for me Joohyun-unnie...it's for you too"

 

"Of course, it would be..." Chaeyoung's eyes turned to one pair of eyes and it twinkled in happiness as her Rosie said

 

"Jennie-unnie"

 

Jennie could feel butterflies explode in her stomach and her lips couldn't help but put on a loving smile on her face as she whispered "I would definitely choose you too, Rosie..."

 

The loving stare between the two was noticed by Red Velvet and they all looked at each other discreetly, confirming one thing.

 

There's definitely something going on between the two Blackpink members

 

Irene heard what Jennie said and just clenched her jaw; the feeling of envy rising inside of her as she just said

"Well, that's good to know then"

Wendy could feel her heart torn apart seeing anger and even a bit of hurt in Irene's eyes "...why Chaeyoung? I know you won't lie because you're too sweet to do that but..."

"Can you spin the bottle now Rosie so we could proceed?" Irene asked

Chaeyoung gulped, her momentarily courage immediately disappearing hearing her Joohyun-unnie speak to her like she just came from the North Pole. She just nodded without any more words and spun the bottle.

The bottle pointed to Irene who immediately said "Top" She opened the card and everyone gasped at what it said

 

It was a dare

 

Jennie could already feel a growl scratching as Yeri read what the top part of the card said

 

"Seven minutes of heaven of your choice among the people that are playing."

 

As soon as Yeri finished reading it; Irene stood up with determination, grabbed Chaeyoung's hand, and forcibly pulled her towards her room leaving the stunned Red Velvet members and one fuming Blackpink member behind the living room.


So, I'm cutting it here because I love/hate cliffhangers. What do you think will happen between Irene and Chaeyoung at that particular dare? I'll leave the next scene to be decided...by you readers ;) Do take note that what scenario will win will also determine how long the story will end. I won't be putting any votes as I want to see all of your ideas and see to it if it's possible to fit in the story if there are no majorities. Until then, stay safe everyone!