Chapter 10

Article

"Are you sure it's okay for me to cancel?"

"Joohyun-unnie, don't worry! You go and finish your schedule okay?" 

There has been a problem in the commercial that Joohyun is currently doing right now and to her dismay, they have to redo most of the scenes. The staff and even the director shivered to see the change of demeanor that Irene is currently sporting, hence they let her have a call to a 'friend' so that they could fix whatever problem they are currently having.

"Okay...I'll make it up to you soon"

"You haven't eaten yet, am I right?"

Irene seems surprised and lets out a small blush "W-wha? That's so sudden Rosie!"

Rosé laughed "I just feel it you know?"

"Or, you're just hungry right now and you're just stringing me along!"

"Oh stop it unnie" Rosé answered playfully 

Irene giggled and just like that, her mood seems to be better than ever as she spoke gently "Thank you, Rosie, for understanding"

"Hmmm..it's no problem at all," Rosé said distractedly 

"What's wrong?" Irene asked, feeling that something is on the younger girl's mind

"How long is your shoot unnie?"

"Well, since we'll redo most of the scene, probably around 2-3 hours. Why?"

"Nothing! I have to do something urgently bye unnie love you!"

"H-hey wait what?"

Irene heard the call ended and looked at her phone with furrowed eyebrows "What is that girl up to now?" She whispered before hearing her name called by the producers saying that they can go and start the shoot once again.

Irene sighed and decided to just get this over with.

2 hours have passed and they're on the last scene but Irene is getting desperately tired and in need of a break, she kept shut because she just really wants to finish this shoot, go home, wash up, then call Rosie.

"Irene, someone's calling"

Irene grunted, "Who is it?"

"It's someone named Rosie"

Irene's eyes were suddenly wide in alert and she quickly snatched her phone from her surprised manager and answered it

"Hey, unnie!"

Just like that, Irene's tiredness is slowly melting away

"Rosie! Why are you calling?"

Irene signaled her manager for a quick small break who nodded especially since the leader of Red Velvet has been working endlessly for this troublesome commercial.

"Well uhm...I kind of need your help" Irene took note of how the younger girl sounds like she was...out of breath or something as if she run a marathon.

"What do you mean?" 

"Let's just say I'm here at the building you're shooting at and the guard won't let me in because I'm dressed like a criminal" Chaeyoung laughed breathily 

"What?!" 

Irene's shout made all the staff look at her questioningly, seeing the way her expression turned to shock then slowly changes to growing excitement and happiness. 

"You...Pabo!"

"Yah! Just help me out here would you?" 

Irene sighed and spoke to her manager, ignoring the looks she's been getting from the staff. She's already imagining the pout on the younger girl's face.

"I have to go down real quick"

"What? But why?"

"A childhood friend of mine is outside and bought some food. So, please let me get her" Irene looked pleadingly to her manager who just looked at her with somehow a knowing look before nodding

"Sure, they're still preparing the last scene anyways. Just let her come here if it's okay for you to let her watch you do your thing"

"Yeah! It's no problem at all"

Irene's manager could barely suppress a smile seeing the excited puppy look on Irene's face as she quickly went downstairs

"It's been a while since I've seen her like that..."

The elevator dinged and a panting Irene quickly ran out of the elevator to the main entrance of the building and there she saw her.

Her breath hitched while her heart slowly beats seeing Park Chaeyoung dressed in a black hoodie, black pants, and even black shoes. She was even wearing a black face mask and black shades. 

Irene could only laugh in disbelief seeing her waiting so cutely and truly looking like a criminal while the guard is eyeing her suspiciously, especially since she also has plastic bags filled with...

"maybe food?" Irene's stomach growled and walked toward them

"Don't worry, she's with me"

Irene could feel Chaeyoung finally relax and the guard looked between them intently

"Unnie finally!"

Irene was able to catch Chaeyoung's hug as she excitedly removed the hoodie from her head revealing her blonde hair. Her heart fluttered seeing the chipmunk-like girl hugging her excitedly and she was able to whiff the scent of the younger girl when she removed the hoodie.

Her eyes quickly went to the bodyguard who seems to be in shock, probably having an inkling about who just visited Irene.

Irene quickly put Chaeyoung's hoodie back on her head and whispered to her ears

"Let's go upstairs"

Then her nose whiffed something and her stomach growled even more

"Is that...?"

"Tteobokki! Your favorite" Chaeyoung grinned as they walked towards the elevator leaving a dumbfounded guard on his wake

"Was that...Rosé from Blackpink?" The guard muttered to himself

"You didn't have to you know?" Irene spoke softly as they rode the elevator back to Irene's shootingShe faced Chaeyoung, removing the hoodie and face mask. She even lifted her shades to Rosie's head.

"Why go all this way, Rosie?" Her eyes met with Chaeyoung's ever-so-soft gaze

"I knew you were going to work until you finish because all you'll want to do is just go home and rest, completely bypassing your dinner" Chaeyoung scolded but the exasperated amusement is on her face.

"You...just" 

Irene is speechless and Chaeyoung just smiled knowingly, stepping closer to Irene to the point of touching their foreheads

"I just want to help you in every way Joohyun, I want to take care of you and I want to lessen your burden," Chaeyoung said soothingly, grabbing a stray hair on Irene's face and putting it behind her ear.

"Rosie I..."

Irene's eyes flickered to Chaeyoung's pink and lascivious lips; she's been doing that lately and Irene doesn't know why she keeps on doing that. She was leaning forward slightly and didn't almost hear Chaeyoung's breath hitching at her action.

"Joohyun...?"

The elevator dinged and that snapped them out of their bubble

"Well, can I watch you in action?" Chaeyoung smiled and started to wear her mask, shades, and hoodie again.

Irene seems to be in a daze before shaking her head and giving Chaeyoung a small smile

"Sure Rosie, you're always welcome as long as I'm here," Irene said confidently

They were now back in the set and everyone looked at the pair which made Chaeyooung fidget nervously 

"Irene!"

Irene's manager came up to them and saw the food that Chaeyoung is holding 

"You guys want to eat first?" 

"If it's okay with you unnie" Irene gave a small pout making her manager chuckle and said

"Sure, you should have been done with this hours ago anyways. I'm sure they can at least wait for half an hour"

"Thanks, unnie!" Irene gave her manager a quick hug and beaming smile before letting her go. She grabbed Chaeyoung's hand and proceeded to take her to the make-up room.

Chaeyoung gave a quick bow to the manager before letting Irene take her.

Irene's manager looked at the two women, then after a few seconds, decided to follow them to the room.

She observed by the slightly ajar door where she can see Chaeyoung putting down food and finally taking off her hoodie, shades, and face mask. She gasped quietly seeing that was indeed Rosé of Blackpink.

"Thank you Rosie! I was starting to get hungry" She heard Irene whine like a child, making her manager and Rosie's heart melt at the cuteness.

"Let's just eat, good thing I bought a lot" Chaeyoung exclaimed excitedly

"Well, you've bought enough for the whole staff," Irene said jokingly

"Yah!"

Irene's manager watched them bicker and joke around making a smile appear on her face. She decided to leave the two girls in their world and could only just whisper

"So, that's why you've been glowing lately...I hope it won't end because you've been really shining lately Joohyun"


"You...what?" Jisoo whispered in shock, jaw-dropping at the sudden confession of the maknae. The maknae that her best friend was supposed to be together with.

"I...like Joohyun," Chaeyoung said, her face pale as if the news didn't excite her.

Instead

It scared her

"Chaeyoungie..." Jisoo said and before she could continue, Chaeyoung abruptly stand up and started taking slow steps away from Jisoo

"I..." 

Jisoo could see the conflict on Chaeyoung's face and her heart felt a pinch seeing one of their youngest in this state because of the situation. She didn't say anything.

She watched.

She just watched Chaeyoung run out of her room after the realization she just had. 

"Chaeyoung..." Jisoo whispered, feeling a sense of dread "You can't have feelings for Irene-unnie....not when you have Jennie, not when you have my best friend"

Jisoo knew, that this 'love' of Chaeyoung and Irene is impossible. It just can't happen.

It will ruin the two groups. 

The dynamic between Blackpink and Red Velvet will change; there will be awkwardness and some bad tensions. Jisoo knew that Joy, Yeri, and Seulgi were supporting Wenrene from the start, while she and Lisa were also supporting Chaennie from the start albeit with some issues in their company which is why Lisoo also has to be clingy towards the two.

But this?

Irene and Chaeyoung? 

Jisoo shook her head 

"It can't happen Chaeyoung...and you know it."

It must be infatuation, it must be from the bond they formed from plotting so much in their 'plan' to make the two jealous. It should have been that simple, the moment Jennie kissed Chaeyoung or even Wendy kissed Irene. 

That should be the endgame of the plan yet...

Why does it feel like this is just the beginning?


"You were right"

Joohyun looked across at Chaeyoung; they were currently on an ice cream date. It was sudden; Irene was getting worried about Chaeyoung suddenly feeling...off

She called the girl after her confrontation with Seungwan but frowned when it ended abruptly. A spark of envy attacked her upon knowing that Chaeyoung and Jennie are staying in a dorm together.

An unfair advantage if you ask her.

Long story short, Joohyun kept on calling Chaeyoung until the girl finally answered her after half an hour of spamming calls and texts to her.

Call her obsessive but

Even though she herself knows she has the most stunning visuals the world has ever seen, she still carries insecurities about herself. Because, how the heck could Joohyun compete in the years that Chaeyoung and Jennie experienced as they develop their bond?

Beauty can only do so much

So here they are; on an ice cream date. What makes Joohyun so sure of this impossible relationship is that the moment the two look at each other, it's as if all their problems back at their respective dorms disappeared, and the bubble that the two of them slowly built immediately enveloped their world.

Joohyun immediately hugged Chaeyoung upon seeing her, closing her eyes and enjoying the unforgettable warmth that the younger girl has always been giving to her.

They just bought ice cream from the streets and sat on a private bench. It was a miracle they were able to do this despite their hectic schedule and prying members, but this is just too important for them.

"So...it was Jisoo" Joohyun hummed and gave Chaeyoung a comforting pat "How are you feeling then?" Joohyun knows that out of all the members, Kim Jisoo was the one who always gives her members the best advice despite her famous reputation of being a fake maknae of Blackpink. She knows because Chaeyoung used to tell her that before Joohyun, Kim Jisoo was the one she always opens up to; from the smallest of things like there's a new food stall, to the biggest of things such as their upcoming concert.

Chaeyoung shrugged, looking at her melting mango ice cream "I don't know...betrayed I guess?"

"It must be more than that, you're not even eating your ice cream" 

Chaeyoung chuckled, leaving it to Joohyun to still manage to make her smile or laugh.

"Oh shut up" She answered playfully. They took a few moments of silence their ice cream until Chaeyoung finally spoke in a somber voice

"It's like we're Romeo and Juliet unnie; Jisoo-unnie said that...something like a relationship happening between us would be impossible and it would ruin everything." Chaeyoung shakily sighed 

"I'm too conflicted with everything that is happening and I know this isn't easy with you as well" Joohyun could feel herself melt under Chaeyoung's soft gaze 

"I'm sorry Joohyun-unnie..."

Joohyun quickly stopped Chaeyoung from bowing and said "Please, stop thinking about me or my feelings. Focus on yours" Joohyun cupped Chaeyoung's cheek and made her look up at Joohyun's doe eyes

"I will be happy in whatever your decision would be Rosie, as long as it makes you happy. I'm not pressuring you to immediately settle your feelings and choose between us but just to let you know?"

Chaeyoung could see the spark of life in Joohyun's eyes

"I'm not afraid to fight for you, and I'm not afraid to show you my feelings."

Chaeyoung could not prepare herself when Joohyun leaned it and softly pressed a kiss on her lips. Her heart was beating rapidly and she could not even return Joohyun's soft kiss. Something was whispering in her ears to tell her to kiss back and before she could take any action, Joohyun pulled back with a blush on her cheeks and blinding smile.

And at that moment, Chaeyoung could swear Joohyun was the most beautiful being on the whole planet.

The universe even.


When Joohyun said she's not afraid to fight, she literally mean that.

"What the  are you doing here?"

Jennie glared heatedly at Irene who was watching them practice on their online concert. Holding a set of white roses, Irene raised an eyebrow at the seething cat in front of her. 

"I'm here to support Rosie." She said it so simply as if it was simple as breathing.

Before Jennie could snort, a soft hand grabbed her shoulders and she just...deflated.

A seething cat to a pouting one

Irene repressed the urge to roll her eyes, seeing the power of Roseanne Park once again.

"Joohyun-unnie" Chaeyoung smiled brightly upon noticing the sudden visitor that Jennie is glaring at, and her eyes twinkled even more upon noticing the white roses in her unnie's hands of course...

"You bought food!"

At that moment, Jisoo and Lisa also entered the backstage room and quickly saw Jennie clenching her fists as Chaeyoung gushed at the flowers and food that Joohyun is currently holding. 

Nodding at them in greeting, Joohyun let a small smile show on her face as she pats Chaeyoung on the head and playfully said "Of course, you would notice the food than the flowers almost engulfing me"

"You're just too tiny unnie" 

"Yah!"

The three Blackpink members once again watched at how intriguing the bond between the two is. 

"Rosie."

Jennie's sharp voice cut through their bubble and Chaeyoung looked down, a bit guilty 

"Come on, don't be a spoilsport Jen." Irene let out a tight-lipped smile "I bought enough for everyone. Come let's eat."

"We still have practice though" This time, it was Jisoo who spoke and Irene had the fight the urge to ignore the feeling of being an outsider as the eldest's icy eyes pierced hers. 

"It's fine unnie, our managers said it's time for a break anyways." Chaeyoung thanked the heavens that Lisa is always on her side, even though she doesn't get the full context of what the heck is happening, she was always on Chaeyoung's side.

"Let's eat then!" 

Jennie resisted the urge to roll her eyes but agreed anyways. Jisoo and Lisa sat on the smaller couch but then this is the problem...

You see, there are only 2 small couches that fit 2 people and a single couch for 1 person only. Before Jennie could move, Irene was already there sitting on the small couch, ushering Chaeyoung to sit next to her which she did.

Jennie gritted her teeth but gulped down her anger as she grumpily sat on the single (ouch) couch. There were chickens and pizza which Chaeyoung happily snatched some, lessening the tension around the room.

No one could dare to ruin that happiness

"Careful, you're eating too fast," Joohyun said in amusement, cutting pieces of chicken while Chaeyoung ate pizza. "Here, have some" She added, giving the very clean-cut chicken to Chaeyoung who blushed at the thought

"T-thanks Joohyun"  She stuttered

"So, Irene-unnie" 

Everyone looks at Lisa with surprise, not expecting such a serious expression from their baby maknae. Yet, Joohyun asked 

"What is it Lisa-ssi?"

Lisa put down her almost-done food on the table as she spoke in the most serious voice they have ever heard from the maknae...which was very rare, to be honest.

"What are your intentions with my best friend?"

"LISA!"

The other members of Blackpink yelled in shock, with the added growing blush from the chipmunk vocalist.

Joohyun just blinked at the sudden question before chuckling lightly 

"Wow, I certainly did not expect that" Joohyun then looked at Rosie, who was looking down with that cute blush and almost...a pout on her lips?

"Is she assuming that I won't answer the question?" Joohyun thought

A moment of silence as Blackpink (minus Chaeyoung) just drilled Joohyun with their eyes due to different reasons of course...

"Well," Joohyun started, still looking at the love of her life "My intentions for Chaeyoung are pure; unexpected but pure."

"I never did mean to fall in love with her...and I never did mean to be close to her like this" Joohyun narrowed her eyes but in nostalgia as if remembering every bit of their moments.

"However, despite the universe gambling in my life, I would never regret having Chaeyoung in my life. She made it better; she made me happier than ever and this cutie doesn't even notice how I changed the way I look at her" 

Joohyun gently grabbed Chaeyoung's chin and lift it so that she could look unto those expressive eyes

"The moment these warm eyes locked with mine? The universe stopped, even my own heart. There was no slow motion, there was no fast forward. It's only the present

Joohyun watched as Chaeyoung's eyes glazed with something but she continued on

"Roseanne Park Chaeyoung has been the best gift I have ever received from the universe...and I swore to protect these eyes full of emotions, her heart full of innocence and gold, and her smile to always be at its peak of happiness."

Jennie looked down, Jisoo dropped in shock, while Lisa maintained her serious expression but anyone could see the glistening of her eyes and something like...respect?

"So... I intend to be her safe haven, to be someone whom she could always count on, and someone who is in love with her and will be there to support and fight for her in every way."

Everybody was quiet; processing Joohyun's short speech of love and the amount of emotions that they have never seen the Red Velvet expressed in anyone before.

Yes, even to Wendy.

Jennie swallowed, fighting back the agitation inside of her, wanting to rip off Joohyun's touch to her hubby but she was also powerless. 

Too powerless to see the way Chaeyoung looked at Joohyun, she continued looking down, not accepting the swirling emotions in Chaeyoung's eyes.

Jisoo closed and color her impressed. The way Irene was vulnerable around them just to prove her 'love' for their vocalist... was truly admirable and it gave her a grudging respect to the Red Velvet leader but still...

Lisa closed her eyes but there was a ghost of a smile on her face. When she opened her eyes, there was a shine of respect and even a little bit of acceptance for Irene. "Irene-unnie...you certainly know your words" 

Joohyun just smiled, finally letting go of Chaeyoung's chin to look at Lisa "I just answered your question Lisa-ssi"

Lisa gave a light laugh and just said with a tint of warmth

"Please, call me Lisa. I think we're way past that formality if you're going to date my best friend"


I'm back from the dead. Barely. Life has been hectic lately and I'm having problems financially so I'm trying to find some part-time jobs. Writing here has been my welcome-back stress reliever and seeing the comments of everyone who are re-reading this story and patiently waiting for an update lit the inspiration in me.

Again, thank you so much for all your support and patience! I cannot promise a prompt update but I will do my best to continue this story until its ending. Once again, thank you all, and see you at the next update!

Note: Go on and give me ideas for the next few chapters as I have lost my notes