The Goodbye

Thantophobia

 

 

THE GOODBYE

 

 

 

There was a prominent pout on Seungcheol's face as he helped Chan to bring his bag down.

But as soon as he stepped onto the last step of the stairs, he changed his demeanor and he became the leader once again. 

He can't be all whiny and clingy.

"Chan, I hope you'll see this as an opportunity and not as a punishment.” Chan looks around at standing outside their shared house and smiles. He doesn't understand why Seungcheol is so adamant on acting as a leader. 

The one that stands with them is a family. The one that will always have each other’s back. Even Jun and Joshua are here to send him off.

Chan took a few steps closer to Seungcheol and let the bag hanging on his shoulder slid off to the ground. Then he grasps the front lapel of Seungcheol’s shirt and pulls him close. Seungcheol looks at him in question. The two of them are never one for public affection. Maybe there are some members who don’t even know about them dating. They never hide it, but they never really flaunt it. 

Chan raised his tiptoe then let his lips skim over Seungcheol’s lips. After a few moments, he let their lips meet again, but this time more certain. He opened his lips slightly letting the taste of his hyung invaded his senses before retreating. 

A little bit more, and he won’t be able to get into the car. He’ll cling to his hyung like death.

Seungcheol's eyes bore into him. And in there he saw hesitation and longing. And his insides melt by the thought that only he can invoke the longing in Seungcheol’s eyes. 

“Chan-“it sounds like sigh, and he knows for sure he is going to miss Seungcheol even more. 

Seungcheol let himself be a little bit more selfish and wrapped his arms around the younger’s waist. The younger one turned to his other hyung to wave them goodbye.

Walking to the car, Seungcheol glances through his shoulder and when they’re out of sight from the others, Seungcheol turns towards Chan and claims his lips once again.

If before Chan only let himself have a little taste, this time, he gets every flavour that Seungcheol could offer for him. Seungcheol let himself indulge further and slid his tongue into the younger mouth. Chan’s hand involuntarily went around Seungcheol’s neck to pull him closer, even closer than they can.

Chan pressed his body closer to Seungcheol so he could feel every hard edge of Seungcheol’s body. He gets greedy. But who won’t. When you have a boyfriend like Seungcheol, you’ll be all greedy for affection too. 

Leaving Chan’s lips, Seungcheol let his lips strays to Chan’s jaw and cheek. A slight pant could be heard from Lee Chan’s lips. 

“Hyung-,” Chan pouted as Seungcheol looked up at him. His young age is showing as his eyes water, and make his sight blurry. Chan quickly wiped his tears, he will not lose this opportunity to look more at Seungcheol.

“Chan, don’t cry please. Just three months, yeah?” Seungcheol wipe the younger’s eyes dry. Chan nods before tiptoeing to kiss Seungcheol once again. 

And they share the salty taste of the younger tears.

“Chan, I’m going to miss you so bad. Don’t go and forget me, little minx.” 

Chan rolls his eyes while tears still rolling down. “As if I could. Will you be able to visit, hyung?”

Seungcheol bit his lips and could only smile apologetically. Chan’s pout became prominent. But he only nods.

“It’s okay hyung. We’ll meet again after three months.” 

Seungcheol nodded, Giving Chan a peck on the forehead he then let Chan go into the car.

But still, as the car drove away, a part of Seungcheol died a little bit. And there’s a chip in his heart. But he let himself smile.

Joshua glanced at Seungcheol then his gaze drifted to his slightly swollen lips. He smirks then glances at Jeonghan who smirks back at him. 

Seungcheol simply rolls his eyes before going back into their shared house. This time, instead of going into his own room, he went into Chan’s room. Where the younger scent still linger. 

Just like that, Seungcheol tries to cope. 

And he tries to rise. Practicing combat every morning, participating in boxing training, Jujitsu, short and long range shooting. Although it appears that he is not talented in long range. 

Until one day, just three weeks shy before Chan’s coming back, Seungcheol went on a mission. And it nearly cost him his life. All because of one distraction.

Chan had found someone new in the training centre. Someone to replace him. He saw the man.

It seems like his mission and Chan’s new boyfriend’s tragedy clashed.

“This is his boy toy. Tell that Dino boy that he’s here and he’ll come running to save him. That’s for sure.” He looked at the boy from inside the room. Pale skin, clear eyes, red lips and pretty eyelashes. 

Seungcheol’s inside break even further. He found himself someone new, without letting me know. While there he is trying to cope day by day.

Taking a deep breath, he looked around and only Mingyu heard the conversation of the man inside the room. Mingyu shot him a sorry look, Seungcheol simply shook his head.

“Everyone, proceed with the plan. I’ll go in and save the boy.” Mingyu perks his head up and looks at Seungcheol in disbelief.

“Hyung, maybe we should just let him in there.” Oh, how he is tempted to. 

“We’re better than that.” He simply said before changing his headset to the earpiece.

He turned to Mingyu. “I am going to enter through the left wing, small window of the store room. It’s the nearest one to the basement.”

“Hyung, just let me find you an escape route first.” Scoups remain silent. They both know the answer.

“The way in is the way out, Mingyu and you know it too.” Mingyu kept himself silent, and he cursed Chan deep in his heart.

“Hyung please be careful,” Seungcheol smiled at him.

“I won’t die easily.”

**

Seungcheol sneaks into the small room they keep the man in, after Han successfully picks the lock. Jeonghan patted his shoulder as they met each other in the store room. And he doesn't know whether the pat is for the fact that he got cheated on or the fact that there’s a possibility of danger awaiting him.

“Who are you?” the man in the chair asked.

“Just someone. After I released you, run to the west wing, into the store room at the end of the hallway. You’ll be able to escape from there.” The boy nodded but just before they left the room, the boy managed to knock down the chair he was tied down and alerted the guards outside. 

Seungcheol’s face turned grime as he heard the footsteps closing in on where they were.

“Go. I’ll cover for you. Go and escape.” The boy turned around and was about to run but remembering something he turned back.

“They have a bomb here. I don’t know where, it was to blow up the squad that will come to save me. And they don’t mind blowing up their people in the process, I don’t think they do.” Seungcheol gulp, he was afraid of dying.

“Then you better hurry out.” The boy nodded, shouted his thanks then disappeared from his sight. While for him, he was surrounded by four men. 

Cobra guards. Seungcheol groaned inwardly. They all are trained, obviously. And he won’t win, not when he doesn't even have a gun with him.

“Hyung, I found the bomb location, but I can’t defuse it through the system. You have two minutes max, get out of the basement. The bomb are only strong enough to blow the basement.” Mingyu’s voice rang clear through the ear piece. His eyes strays towards the staircase at the middle of the room. 

Ten steps at minimum. He took one step forward, and the guard their gun. , he got to move and fast. These people will die trying to keep him in the basement. 

One arm length to one of the guards. Calculating his move. He quickly shot out his hand, disarming one of the guards and me using him as a shield. Seungcheol gasped in shock when they didn’t hesitate to fire at their own team. He watched as the man in his grasp gurgled blood out of his mouth and met his death. No choice now.

“Hyung, less than a minute now.”

Seungcheol picks up the gun and fires at one of the man’s hands, while using their dead comrade as a shield. Two men down, only two more left.

“Hyung, get out of there now. Only twenty seconds left.” He walks backwards toward the staircase hastily, still using the dead body as a shield.

But as he was at the third stairs, the bomb goes off. He feels his body thrown back by the impact, and the burn all along his arm and legs. It’s not the burn that makes it the end game, it’s when he knocks his head on the wall because of the impact. 

With blood running down from his temple, his vision is filled with red. He rested his head on the wall, and let his thoughts wander to the man that had betrayed his trust. Lee Chan.

He wanted to blame the little minx, but smiling. He only found that he was grateful he once was loved by the man. 

If he made it out of the place alive, would he try to fix their relationship? Deep inside, Seungcheol knows he will try to hold onto the boy, but the rational man thinks it was better to let go. If he is not the best for Chan, he could try to be the best. But- at the end of the day, it was Chan’s choice. While he will stay stupidly in love.

With the younger smile playing in his mind, he let darkness overcome him. 

Faintly in his ear piece, Mingyu was frantically calling for him.