Bora

SUAYEON ONE-SHOTs because i'm gay

 

“Bora”

Admittedly, Siyeon has been using different names every time she orders her coffee here. Initially, it was just her weird slip-up after being stunned at the beautiful Barista in front of her. But each time she gets here, she enjoys seeing the Barista’s reaction with the most random names she can think of. Sometimes, the Barista would look professional and just nod. Sometimes, she would bite her lip – probably to suppress her smile. There were a couple of times when the Barista would snort very slightly.

For today, though. Siyeon decides to use Bora. Lately, she is liking a certain shade of purple. She just randomly saw it one afternoon. It was probably 5 pm, she was on one of the benches of the nearest park from her apartment. When she looks up, she saw the purple-ish sky. It was breathtaking.

The barista looked at Siyeon for a couple of seconds, with amazement and a tinge of confusion.

“Erm… Is there a problem?” Siyeon asked handing the barista the exact amount.  The barista shook her head and smiled at Siyeon as she wrote down the name ‘Bora’ on the coffee cup.

‘I’ll just call your name once your order is ready.” The barista informed. She nodded and sat on one of the tables near the window.

It’s past 2 in the early morning so it is not a surprise that Siyeon wouldn’t really see any passers-by outside. In fact, aside from her, there are only 2 other customers inside.

Siyeon has become used to this though, having moved to this city 2 months ago. She was to become the head of her father’s company but she ultimately refused the position. To tell that it was the most courageous thing she did was an understatement. She has been raised and practically trained for that position ever since she was young. At first, she was fine with it.

Why would she be not fine with it when she can literally get what she wants, right? A child of multi-billionaire parents sure is luxurious. She was spoiled during her younger days. All she has to do is say what material thing she wants and she gets it just so long as she does good in her studies. However, as Siyeon grew older, she started learning about herself and discovering her own interests. She likes music and she wants to pursue it. She decides to do something about it. And that’s when she realizes that managing a company is far from what she wants to do.

And so, 2 months ago, she told her parents she didn’t want to do the company thingy and hell broke loose. Her father was raging and she decided the best decision is to move out of their big- house, move to a new city and start from scratch.

She still has more than enough money left for her adjustment. But it isn’t easy and she has to have a job soon. From growing up in a well-off family to her current way of living is exhaustingly difficult. She has been trying to apply to a different Music Program as a teacher, perhaps but always getting rejected because her educational background is far from the position she is applying for. Although Siyeon has background knowledge in music, since she used to enroll in the different lessons that are related to music, it was not enough to get hired.

Still, however difficult this is, she doesn’t regret what she did. She couldn’t be happier right now.

Siyeon took out her notebook and started scribbling nonsense in it. She has been composing. Well, again more like scribbling. She would write down thoughts that come to her mind.

I’ll just put these and these together once I’ve made a flow. She would say to herself. For some odd reason, the only place she could get ideas from is this Café she found a month ago. The ambiance here is relaxing and the fact that she’s almost always the only customer here is calming for her.

“Hi.”

Siyeon’s thought was interrupted as the barista approached her with her White Chocolate Mocha in hand.

God, she’s so beautiful. Siyeon thought. Siyeon believes that the woman in front of her is also a reason why she’s happy. After every rejection from the job applications, one smile from the barista always lights up her mood.

“I figured you might have been busy since you seem to not hear me calling your… name.” she said with a charming smile.

“Oh, I’m sorry. Thank you, though.” Siyeon smiled.

“You’re always welcome. Call me whenever you need anything.” Bora said.

“I will when you finally give your number.” Siyeon retorted.

The barista chuckled.

“I’ll think about it… Bora” the barista said emphasizing the name, before walking back to her station at the counter.

Siyeon smiled widely before scribbling down again.

Paradise is where I am. She wrote.

***

“Hi! What can I get you?”

“Oh.” Siyeon doesn’t know why but she felt disappointed when she did not see the usual pink-haired barista. Instead, she is greeted by a blonde (kinda. It’s honestly confusing) barista.

“Ah. Well, White Choco mocha without whip, grande” Siyeon said.

“Ah! You must be that customer who always comes in every midnight! I was told you’d order exactly that” the blonde barista chirped excitedly.

Siyeon smiled, thinking her barista must have given this new barista a heads-up about her.

Her Barista.

“Name?” Asked the blonde barista.

“Bora” Siyeon said.

“Eh??? Really??” The energetic barista shrieked.

Siyeon chuckled at the antics. This new barista is kind of like a puppy for some reason.

“Is there a problem?” She inquired.

“You have the same name as my friend! Actually, you might know her. She’s usually the one on graveyard shift” she explained.

Oh my God. Siyeon thought to herself as she suddenly felt embarrassed remembering the last time she was there.

“You can sit anywhere you’d like. I’ll just hand your order once done”

Siyeon nodded but did not exactly move. She honestly didn’t want to stay here anymore.

She finds no reason, really. Since her favorite barista is not around, she’ll probably just space out anyway.

“Actually, can you make it to go? I suddenly remember I have to do something at home instead” she inquired.

“Okay, no problem. Gimme 5-10 minutes” the barista said.

Siyeon nodded and just stared off to nothing. She involuntarily sighed as she started wondering what happens to her favorite barista.

Did she get fired? Did she resign? Is she okay? Will Siyeon see her again?

Siyeon’s weird head is interrupted as she felt a tap on her shoulder.

“Here’s your order, Bora. Thank you” the barista cheered.

“Hey… ummm Yoohyeon …” Siyeon started as she saw the barista’s name tag.

Oh wow. Why did I not think of this before? I could’ve seen Bora’s name and could’ve avoided my embarrassment! She thought.

Yoohyeon didn’t say a word but was looking intently at her, seemingly waiting for whatever Siyeon will say.

“Ummm… Bora… I mean the other Bora… I mean your Bora … when will she …” Siyeon’s question got cut off when another customer walks in.

Yoohyeon frowned apologetically at Siyeon as if to say she needs to tend to the customer.

“It’s fine. Have a great shift, Yoohyeon!” Siyeon politely smiled.

Siyeon sighed as she walks out of the cafe. She’ll just come back here in hopes to see Bora again.

***

For a week, Siyeon had come back to the cafe four times. The first two were on the graveyard shift but were always greeted by Yoohyeon. The next visit was in the morning, she hadn’t even slept but decided to just go thinking that maybe Bora was moved to a different shift. However, it was another Barista man in the morning. The last visit was in the evening, around 7 pm. Still no sign of Bora.

She almost lost hope when finally, after two weeks, she saw her again.

Instead, this time, her hair isn’t pink anymore. She’s had her hair dyed black. She looks even more beautiful.

Wow. Siyeon though to herself.

“Hi!” Bora greeted her, seemingly happy with seeing her too.

“Hi.” Siyeon said almost in a whisper.

She can’t believe the woman who has been in her mind for two weeks is finally here in front of her again.

“Hi, too!” Yoohyeon chimed in with a goofy smile. She too was on shift today, apparently.

Both Bora and Siyeon chuckled.

“I thought I’d never see you again.” Siyeon is usually good with words and playful banters but for some reason, she is rather speechless right now, not really knowing what to say.

However, she reminds herself that she waited two weeks to see this girl again. She should take her chance now.

For once, she’s not going to be a useless lesbian.

“Yeah, I know. I got sick.” Bora pouted.

Siyeon giggled.

She looks too ing cute.

“Are you okay now, though?” Siyeon asked.

“Of course, I am. But I still need Yoohyeon here to help me today. Well, what can I get you today? Still the same?” Bora inquired.

“Yes. But please add Hot Choco and a slice of strawberry cake” Siyeon said.

“Oh, you seem to have a date today.” Bora teased although her smile doesn’t reach her eyes.

“Hopefully, she’ll say yes” Siyeon quipped.

Bora was about to write down ‘Bora’ when Siyeon stopped her.

“It’s Siyeon.” She spoke. Bora looked at her confused.

“That’s my real name. I’ve used Bora the last time because the sky was purple earlier that day and I liked it.” Siyeon softly explained, looking intently at Bora.

Yoohyeon suddenly appeared with the sliced cake in her hand.

“Apparently, it’s not the only Bora I liked. I also happen to like this barista at my favorite café whose name is exactly that. Bora-ssi, can you be my date and eat this cake with me?”

Siyeon asked, blushing madly.

She didn’t know where the courage came from but she was just going full on right now. She’s not going to miss another day not knowing this gorgeous girl in front of her more.

Bora was also blushing madly.

“Oh my god, I thought you’d never ask. Took you look enough!” Bora giggled and nodded.

Though she looked at Yoohyeon, seemingly asking for a go signal.

“Move your , Unnie. This girl has been coming in here at different times of the day waiting for you. Go ahead and freaking date already! I’ll just hand you guys your drinks once I’m done” Yoohyeon said pushing Bora out of the counter and closer to Siyeon.

“Okay, well I didn’t exactly know what to say. I didn’t get to this part when I imagined it. But umm, Hi again” Siyeon said shyly as they sat on the couch.

“Hi, Siyeon. Finally nice to know your real name. I had to stop myself from laughing when you used “Fernando”. I thought you were joking but your face was so serious that time.” Bora said and started laughing hard.

Siyeon laughed at that too. But hearing the sound of Bora’s laugh, her heart seems to do so as well.

***

A rather soft update for ya'll. I know we have been very attacked by Sua and Siyeon these days because of their shenanigans in the concert. I literally died when watching that Siyeon video grinding her off to No Dot. 

Wrote this during my break from work. Got inspired by the beautiful sky I saw a couple of days ago. Can't really see a picture on the net closest to the purple-ish sky that day. But god, it was a beautiful thing to see in person. Anyway, I hope you enjoyed this one.